- Over 25 years of IT experience with in - depth COBOL and mainframe experience across multiple domains/platforms and databases.
- With extensive working knowledge of legacy data DBMS, data centers and data conversion tools, Confidential provides end-to-end planning, development and testing capabilities and solutions for complex data requirements.
- Understands DASD storage management and data security issues and solutions.
- Previous project experience provides solid programming background (COBOL, PL/1 .NET, C#, VB, RPG, etc.) to support development of unique and customized data analysis and conversion utilities (experience with developing business rules extraction utilities).
- Complete understanding of data analysis/conversion process development life cycle.
- Developed a system that integrated, SQL Server, rBase, Foxpro, and MS Access
- Developed a system to extract business rules logic from legacy systems for input to the IBM Business Rules Framework
- Developed a language translation and program generation system used to aid in the conversion of CA/IDEAL to COBOL and DATACOM/DB to DB/2
- Developed a system to extract date fields from PL/1 programs and store them in an Oracle DB.
- Technical lead for the consolidation of multiple brokerage data centers into the Confidential data center (extremely complicated and diverse requirements couple of “no-defect” mandate)
- Consolidated four regional data centers into one integrated national data center with connectivity to over 50 countries for an overnight package delivery company (designed their international client/server network)
- Designed and built several computer language translator systems to migrate clients to Data General environment and databases
- Designed, built, and installed several financial applications including G/L, A/P, and A/R systems. The systems were installed in over 50 Fortune 500 firms
- Developed an Inventory Control system for parts and drug wholesalers. Developed a custom installation subsystem. Utilized c#, SQL Server, Entity Framework, Crystal Reports. Built unit tests for the business and use interface layers.
- Built an in-store DVR management and control system. Allows remote user to view live video feed, review saved video and archive to disk. System was built using a repository architecture and consists of a desktop component using WebAPI and a Web component using MVC and Kendo UI. Built a suite of unit tests for the repository, business, and api layers.
- Built an SSIS based data import to Tableau reports and referrals management system for homeless outreach programs using ASP/MVC.
- Developed several Web services to interface to partner insurance carriers. Built a web site to maintain benefits data. Performed unit testing on the web services.
- Built a Warehouse Management System for a drug wholesaler including reordering, stocking, picking using .NET 4 and SSRS.
- Developed a Text extractor from PDF files in C#.
- Designed and wrote a dynamic Grid generator in C#.
- Built a multi-threaded batch processing management system.
- Built a lead referral system using MVC and Entity Framework.
- Wrote an Inventory management system using C#, Linq, and SQL Server.
- Integrated Authorize.net and goauthorize credit card processing.
- Maintained 11 web sites. Migrated Windows 2008 server and configured SQL Server 2008, IIS
- 7, and firewall access.
- Built over 300 website screen scrapers that extract state, county, and city contract solicitations and awards.The scrapers utilize C#, VB.NET, internal web browser, HTML agility, XPATH queries, Linq and web services.
- The systems are spread across 8 servers and 4 instances of SQL Server. Wrote stored procedures and utilized Linq to SQL and web services..
- Developed and maintain an advertising agency management system that integrated
- SQL Server, rBase, Foxpro, and MS Access in C# and VB.NET. Built an
- Appointment Management System in ASP to manage an Interpreter Agency.
- Extended the CA/IDEAL to COBOL translator written in Visual Basic to convert DATACOM/DB to SQL.
- Provided DATACOM/DB to DB/2 migration support. Reengineered parts of the system in C#.
- Developed an interactive data migration tool written in C# and VB.
- The tool utilizes a GUI interface to define the data migration strategy and generates the appropriate programs and utilities.
- Developed a framework using Visual Basic to extract business rules logic from COBOL and RPG legacy programs.
- Converted the system to .NET.
Data Conversion Analyst
- Developed a CA/IDEAL to COBOL translator in Visual Basic and converted 200 IDEAL programs to COBOL.
- Migrated their MVS/ESA system from Columbus Ind. to the Confidential data center in NY.
- Provided technical support to both Jefferies and Confidential .
- Performed CICS troubleshooting in a multi-platform TCP/IP and LU 6.2 environment containing PC's, Sun workstations, Prime, and Stratus systems.
- Conducted data analysis and database design for DB2 tables.
- Used Easytrieve and FileAid
- Developed a date analysis system that extracted date fields from PL/1 programs and stored them in an Oracle database.
- The system was written in C#.
- Developed a Client/Server system to track and disburse the funds from two trusts to 75,000 policy holders.
- It was written entirely in Visual Basic and used Microsoft Access for its database.
- The system ran on a Window's/NT network.
- Designed and developed a system to track and disburse corporate assets to an additional 300,000 Life and Confidential policy holders.
- Led teams of four to eight persons throughout the above projects.
- Provided on-call network support. Migrated the system to VB4.
Technical Project Lead
- Functioned as technical Project Leader in support of the data center migration from Irvine to Dallas.
- Performed PC to mainframe connectivity maintenance.
- Performed Client/Server troubleshooting in a Visual Basic /SQL /Windows /DB2 environment.
- Provided DB/2 capacity planning and troubleshooting.
- Performed MVS/ESA systems programming support.
- Installed and maintained over three dozen program products.
Data Migration Developer
- Designed the division's migration strategy from mainframe to Client/Server computing.
- Wrote a data compression utility for bulk data file transfers between PC's and MVS that achieved up to 10-to-1 compression.
- Developed DOS to MVS migration strategy and designed client/server strategy.
- Performed troubleshooting on a multi-server LAN. Installed DOS/VSE, EPIC tape and disk management system, DYL-280, SYNCSORT, NDM (Network Data Mover), and Attachmate.
- Performed DASD space management and systems security functions.
- Used Easytrieve.
- Part of a core group of six systems programmers providing technical support to the rest of the technical services staff (approx. 250 people).
- Applied PTF's to 18 MVS/ESA images using SMP/E and Confidential .
- Solved MVS/ESA and program product problems.
- Developed a cooperative accounts receivables processing system using PC's and MVS/CICS, LU 6.2.
- Developed standard COBOL II interfaces.
- Provided General Ledger implementation support to Confidential hospitals utilizing multiple MVS hosts and CICS.
Data Conversion Analyst
- Converted sales analysis system from VM to MVS/NOMAD.
- Connected remote S/36's to MVS.
- Utilized CICS as a data base server to the remote S/36's.
- Supervised the writing of the Standards and the Operations procedure manuals.
- Developed the migration of MVS software packages to the UNIX platform.
- Designed a 1000+ UNIX based distributed system.
- Developed CICS to UNIX conversion plan.
- Installed MVS, CICS, VTAM, and NCP.
- Provided technical and systems programming support for the above.
- Performed capacity planning. Installed MVS/NOMAD. Installed and used FileAid.
- Installed a four processor MVS complex utilizing CBIPO and SMP/E.
- Wrote a LU 6.1 interface from CICS to a UNIX based process control computer.
- Developed and taught 16 courses on all aspects of MVS, JES2, CICS, NCP, and VTAM; including operations, programming, installation and maintenance.
- MVS systems programming in a 75 CPU 3090 network.
- Performed ACF/2 administration.
- Supported 300 field SE's. Migrated TMS and ASM/2.
- Utilized ASM/2 and UCC-1 for DASD management.
- Used EasyTrieve.