Results - driven and customer-service focused Purchasing professional with a broad understanding of all areas of a business environment including sourcing, PO creation, expediting, invoice resolution, negotiating and contract creation. Personable and team-focused communicator with exemplary work ethic and emphasis on quality and professionalism. Proficient in MS Office, Oracle and Lawson.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Contracted and negotiated the capital, service and consumable purchases for Lab and Radiology.
- Negotiated over $600,000 in savings this year.
- Sourced equipment and products for our end users.
- Performed financial analysis for capital, service and consumable contracts.
- Attended regular meetings with Lab and Radiology departments at various sites.
- Worked with all sites in the system to standardize equipment.
Confidential, St. Paul, MN
- Generate IT purchase orders based on approved purchase requests for North America, South America and Canada.
- Confirm approval requirements and verify compliance with matrix and Grant of Authority.
- Assist with establishing and maintaining competitive sources of products and services.
- Participate in process changes to ensure efficient work flow.
- As directed, follow up on purchase orders and expedite when needed.
- Determine and/or validate correct account coding for accurate expense distribution.
- Ensure highest quality of internal customer service and respond to all requests in a timely manner.
- Support other activities and initiatives as needed as well as perform region specific duties as required.
Confidential, Mpls., MN
- Sourced product requests for all routine and capital purchasing for assigned commodities, which include respiratory, cardiac rhythm devices, interventional radiology, endoscopy, patient monitoring, anesthesia and pharmacy.
- Managed product orders (PO to Payment) which includes: expediting, researching/resolving receiving issues, backorders, sourcing substitutions, and resolving any product order discrepancies.
- Communicated order status with end users as needed.
- Collaborated closely with Contract Administration on contract availability, terms and pricing.
- Joined forces with vendors, material services staff, invoice entry staff and end users to resolve product discrepancies.
- Managed purchase orders and all aspects of the ordering process which includes taking appropriate action on backorders, stock-outs, substitutions and expedited requests.
- Worked closely with Contract Administration Team on requests for new products/contracts and contract pricing data base.
- Communicated major contract non-compliance issues relating to vendor or end user non-compliance.
- Participated in process improvement planning and implementation activities.
- Assisted in development of objectives for Supply Chain and help develop action plans for their implementation.
- Provided work direction to Purchasing Specialist I team members.
Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN
- Instituted in-plant program at Confidential and Confidential .
- Worked with Schwing to set up a two-bin Kanban system.
- Coordinated sales efforts for 10 different companies at both locations.
- Expedited multiple MRO and OEM items on a daily basis.
- Developed critical relationships with management and purchasing personnel at both locations.
- Helped Confidential institute the beginning stages of an in-plant program.
- Instituted and maintained a vending machine program at Confidential .
- Managed a scan card system that contained over 2000 items between the two locations.
- Managed on-site inventory at Confidential .
- Set up yearly product shows on-site at Confidential for our vendors.
- Saved over one million dollars over a three-year period.
- Purchased over two million dollars in MRO and OEM items a year for both clients.
Confidential, Bloomington, MN
- Managed and motivated Sales Representatives doubling sales production, and increasing profit margins by 10%.
- Built positive customer relationships, negotiated contracts and supervised inside sales operations.
- Integrated engineering, production and front-office processes to ensure cohesive project performance and timely service delivery.
- Streamlined ordering processes, reduced operating expense and increased quality control.
- Developed spreadsheets and posted the general ledger.
- Coordinated all accounts receivable, accounts payable and financial reporting processes.
- Collaboratively selected and implemented company pension and incentives plan.
- Maintained client communication, improved payment response times and substantially decreased outstanding balances.
- Implemented daily inventory counts and developed backup system to manage inventory and production processes.
- Scheduled and supervised all production operations.
- Located quality suppliers, established vendor relationships, and competitively purchased and maintained 1500-item inventory.
- Analyzed customer buying trends and forecasted needs.
- Purchased machined parts, molded parts, electrical components, fabricated parts and off the shelf items.
- Scheduled delivery of all components to arrive in time to fulfill orders.
- Dealt with all of supplier issues, from part rejections and late shipments to initial quotes and price negotiations.