- Effective, Respectful & Respected Leader
- 10+ Years IT Director Experience
- Confidential Interim CIO for 2+ years
- Passionate Problem - Solver
- Employs Rigorous Financial Controls
- Skilled Teacher - Develops Team Members
- Promotes Knowledge Sharing and Cross Training
- IT Experience in Government, Education & Industry
- Experience in highly regulated enterprises
- Logical and Effective Troubleshooter
- Leverages data & statistics in decision making
- Experienced Project Manager
- Network design and implementation.
- Data management including developing custom extraction and translation tools.
- Server and PC procurement, setup, and maintenance.
- Web presence services including domain management and site hosting.
Director of Networking and Telecommunications
- Drove previously stalled projects forward including:
- Migration of the telecomm billing system (Pinnacle) off of Confidential 's mainframe
- Purchase of new 100 Confidential core switching, and implementation of a 100 Confidential link between Confidential 's Storrs campus and the Confidential Health Center
- Completion of a $4M data center stabilization project, including Confidential migration, rack power upgrades, power and environmental monitoring and resolution of hazardous currents on the data center's grounding system
- Performed a "what's next?" analysis of the campus voice environment; developed plans and budgets to implement campus-wide VoIP service; initiated and oversaw a project to replace Confidential 's aging Octel voicemail with Cisco Unity and create the VoIP call-processing foundation for conversion to VoIP.
- Coached two recently promoted managers in delegation, evaluation and employee development, enabling them to lead their divisions more effectively and positively.
- Leveraged mainframe retirement to provide space and capacity for installation of a High Performance Computing cluster with 4,000 processor cores
Director of Network Operations
- Implemented VMware and SAN storage to virtualize nearly 150 Windows and Linux servers, reducing expenses for new hardware by $300K and energy by $30K/year.
- Planned and executed a 50 site, $6.2M ATM to Ethernet conversion on time and on budget.
- Introduced formal program and project management to the department to increase the rate of project delivery and reduce unplanned outages.
- Designed and implemented an infrastructure refresh program leveraging approximately $3M in annual federal support (E-Rate) to completely rejuvenate each school and library every six years.
- Built or rebuilt networks in 26 new or renovated schools, including voice, video and data systems, seamlessly delivering projects on schedule and on budget for school moves and openings.
- Planned and executed reconfiguration of the HPS district central office from one floor to two half-floors, including safeguarding infrastructure during selective demolition, coordinating with architects, and providing temporary services as departments moved into and out of swing space.
- Developed program compliance plans and asset tracking tools supporting our E-Rate activity. A prior audit resulted in recovery of funds by the program; in the 2 most recent audits Hartford had no findings reported by the auditors.
- Relocated City offices and data center from the Hartford Times building to Constitution Plaza on schedule and on budget. Limited user down-time to one weekend.
Manager, Network Operations
- Planned and executed construction of a survivable high-speed network backbone at the Simsbury campus, including construction of 1.75 miles of underground fiber. Delivered the $380K project on schedule and on budget.
- Developed plant-wide networks and telephone systems
- The systems improved plant safety, and increased the flow of production information between the shop floors and production planners.
- Designed and implemented corporate WAN to bring email and financial systems access to all locations, eliminating the costs associated with maintaining local financial system implementations.
- Developed and taught a new course offering, Networks in the college’s Computer Systems Technology associate degree program, including creation of an on-line class textbook.