- Innovative CIO / IT executive, industry expert and senior advisor with a proven ability to deploy technology innovation and develop individuals during times of Enterprise - wide transformation and migration to cloud.
- A business-focused leader with expertise in strategic planning, restructuring, business case development, vendor management, marketing and business intelligence within the Confidential Manufacturing industry.
- Recognized for creative problem-solving, building trusting relationships, leading talented global teams and speed of delivery.
- Proven ability to execute in a Virtual Global and Outsourced Environment.
- Personally invests in mentoring, coaching and building leaders.
- Strategic planning and execution with proven results to allow IT to solve business problems and opportunities
- Business transformation initiatives/ Leadership / Relationships and connections
- Strong financial management and compliance focus
- IT Organization & Talent Development
- Regulatory/Compliance - ITIL, COBIT, GXP, SOX, CGMP, HIPAA, ITAR, FDA
- Private/Public/Hybrid Cloud Strategies (AWS, Azure, Softlayer, Watson, Level3, CenturyLink, Rackspace, CDN)
- Data Center Design/Strategy/Operations managing global multi-site/co-location data centers
- Client Service first discipline
- Application Portfolio Rationalization
- Automation and process control
- Implement & Optimize Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system (SAP, HANA, JDE, Siebel)
- Champion business value creation
- Global IT Support via 24x7x365 Global Operations Center
- Information Security
Global Executive Director
Confidential, Sanford, NC
- Led End User, Network, Data Center and Cloud Strategy for $12.5B cosmetics/fragrances manufacture by working with business to identify growth market goals and enablers
- Managed growth of company from $2B to $12.5B in 6 years
- Developed hot multi-data center hybrid strategy using VMware automation with private cloud and public cloud AWS, Bluemix, OTV/ACI/NSX/HCX and PowerHA Enterprise
- Developed new service catalog offerings for Company along with associated SLAs/OLAs
- Directed multiple, concurrent large scale global mobilizations to ensure timely TSA exit timeline adherance
- 100% successful Disaster Recovery tests well within RPO/RTO
- Developed Service Level Agreements and Operating Level Agreements between Infrastructure and the Business
- Negotiated $1.8M in consolations for 4 hour vendor outage, complete business recovery in 4 hours
- Mentored staff to develop skills, career paths and cross-training
- Integral in taking company public in July 2014, while completing several M&A (between $1B and $10B)
- Created and executed vision for taking Confidential Global Data Center operations to a service based operation while increasing technical scalability, design and standardization; took company from project based initiatives to Enterprise strategy approach
- Architect for SAP BW Hana in the cloud
- Formulated strategy to enable the business and bridge vendor gap between software scalability and Confidential growth
- Built team of Rock Star engineers and a working environment which has attrition rate of less than 5%
- Built global Data Center, DBA, Network, VMWare, AIX and Linux teams for follow the sun coverage
- Architected, deployed and put into production $20M of hardware before first payment was due
- Deployed 1500 Virtual Desktop Solution to allow Non- Confidential users access to Confidential systems for training
- Awarded Duke Energy Power Partner Award for implementing achievements in energy efficiency, innovation and sustainability in Data center refresh. Awarded to only 14 out of 5000 large business customers
- Architected/Implemented first 100% successful Disaster Recovery test within Confidential using Block level replication, TSM replication, VMware replication and TSM tape recovery methods protecting AIX, iSeries, HP-UX, Windows, Oracle, SQL Server, Linux and VMware, 2PB+ storage (1600 virtual servers, 116 physical) while maintaining neutral budget
- Negotiated favorable Net Working Capital terms with vendors (120+)
- Negotiated IBM audit findings from $1.3M for previous three years to $700K for previous three years, current licensing and 25% increase in capacity
- $800K+ reduction in annual IT services through identifying waste, rightsizing capacity, and leveraging vendors Lead technological transformation to improve operations and customer service while optimizing process and budgetary constraints
- ARB, ERB, CAB board, SOX, Security tiger team member
- Developed/Architected cloud strategy including: Disaster Recovery, SAP modules, backup, Tier 2 workloads, CRM, decommissioned workload retention, Hosted PBX
- Architectural strategy for SAP HANA deployment on converged infrastructure (AIX, ExtremeIO, UCS, MDS)
- Stabilized technology delivery to improve operations during a transition time in company history
- Responsible for Confidential Global Data Center footprint including Disaster Recovery, SOX, operations, servers, networking, fabric, security, Database and storage
- Commensurate problem solver, routinely dropped into problem areas, excel in resolution of business/technology/project/employee issues.
- Direct and manage information technology strategic plans, policies, programs, platforms and schedules for business and finance data processing, computer services, network communications, e-Commerce and management information services to accomplish corporate goals and objectives
- Creating and aligning KPIs, goals, and metrics across the portfolio to driver greater adoption, improve the overall customer experience, and drive high customer retention
- Developing key strategic partnerships across the customer ecosystem and target segments
- Responsible for the modernization of a large legacy IT environment (skills and technology transition)
- Implemented Enterprise monitoring, capacity planning, reporting and change management processes
CIO Advisory Manager
Confidential, West Palm Beach, FL
- Responsible for provisioning new Colo space for Enterprise Core Compute, Network, Unix and storage platforms
- Program management responsibility, included 6 strategic projects which were delivered on time and under budget
- Demonstrated global management of sites in Philippines, Germany, France, UK, China, Amsterdam, Ireland
- Colo facility core consisted of 11 Cisco UCS Chassis, 2 Nexus 7000, 2 Cisco 9506, 3 IBM p770, 300TB EMC Vmax SAN, Data Domain, Riverbed, MPLS, ASRS, IDS and Spectralogic equipment
- Deployed cloud based backup strategy for ITAR sites and smaller sites
- Data Center brought online in under 3 months ahead of schedule and under budget
- Concurrently developed and implemented Disaster Recovery plan for major share of company revenue. DR site protected over $3.5M in revenue per day. DR plan included full documentation and testing of complex architecture and systems
- Negotiated a circuit contract which came in at 25% of the existing contract with 80% more capacity
Executive Director of IT
Confidential, Boca Raton, FL
- Instrumental in company turn-around from a 2007 $330K loss, to a $2.2M gain in 2008
- Built and led a team of technologists to operate one of the best technology departments in the industry.
- Overall accountability for Confidential IT department, which included Infrastructure, Data Center Systems, Operations, Call Center, Inventory/Audit, Process controls, Budgeting, Security, Telecommunication, Helpdesk, PC support and disaster recovery
- Implemented hosted VOIP solution resulting in 78% monthly operating expense savings, with 6-month ROI on capital expenditure. No interruption to Call center of office during deployment or transition.
- Negotiated large capital expenditures to 80%+ under list, reduced overall IT expenses by 70% in 1 year
- Successfully completed PCI audit on first submission (only division of 26 to complete/pass)
- Brought into Confidential as a turn around specialist after major virus outbreak in organization and disparate systems had severely impacted business. Extremely successful in turnaround in under 9 months.
- Major sites responsible for: Remax.com, Remax International, Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate, CENTURY 21, Coldwell Banker, Coldwell Banker Commercial, ERA, and Sotheby’s International Realty. Data center houses over 200 servers, 120 TB of SAN storage.
- Completed VMware consolidation project which involved a tech refresh of 300 physical servers onto 28 physical hosts running VMware vSphere. Significant cost savings achieved with power cooling and hardware maintenance contracts.
- Deployed multiple Cloud based Content Delivery Networks (CDN) for international data center content distribution. Utilized off-shore Data centers for unique data storage. Developed/Instituted Companywide disaster recovery plans. Plans were put into action 4 times in last 2 years. During the disasters (hurricanes, commercial power outages) the data center had 100% uptime.
- Developed IT Capital Budget, re-negotiated all IT contracts for an average of 29% cost reduction.
Vice President of Technical Operations
Confidential, West Palm Beach, FL
- Over saw network operations of 3 datacenters, 25 sales offices and 65 headend locations. Each Operations center included traffic, encoding, billing and operations
- Spearheaded the planning and design of new hardware platform for PeopleSoft HR and Financial system (three-tiered architecture with IBM pSeries - AIX/Oracle) to replace existing IBM Multiprise 3000 mainframe system
- Developed/Maintained $12M capital budget for South East Region with yearly revenue of $110M; Reduced Expense line budget by 25% via vendor negotiations. Operations oversight for 250+ employees
- Completed 26 different company acquisitions
- Facilitated strategic operational planning sessions in cooperation with top-level executives in different markets and cable companies. Presented performance reports to board level executives.
- Architected implementation of new PeopleSoft ERP system. Scope of implementation included defining scope, developing ROI, vendor selection, network security, hardware selection, installation of hardware, hiring of focused support personnel, plant rework and documentation
- Negotiated several high value contracts to include original scope at a greatly reduced price. Telecom contracts were reduced by 90% in recurring costs; Enterprise provisioning/delegation software was negotiated at an 80% discount of original amount; Enterprise standard for Web/Audio conferencing was negotiated to save up to 89% of its recurring costs at a savings of $1.8M/yr.
Data Center Director
- Technology Manager for all infrastructure, database, security and technology operations for 4 offices throughout the Cfor 200+ employees including 10 direct reports spread across 4 offices.
Vice President of Software Development
Confidential, Gaithersburg, MD
- Defined strategy of technical architecture, standards and implementation of policies for company
- Primary developer for incentive compensation flagship product with Visual Basic 6/Visual Interdev application using SQL Server as primary database
Confidential, Wayne, PA
- Lead developer for Variable Universal life policy administration system, which tracked stocks and annuities.
- Tasked with developing project specs and performing gap analysis for second largest bank in Canada.
- Developed system for Life Insurance branch of bank. System handled initial telesales information, application creation, requirements, decision, MIB info, offer and issue of policy utilizing SAP objects, DCOM components, AS/400, Oracle, Visual Basic, 3-tier architecture, Filenet, ADO 1.5, Sheridan date controls, Oracle PSQL packages and extensive use of Win 32 API and Microsoft Transaction server.
Director of Information Systems
Confidential, Erdenheim, PA
- Developed Enterprise application using Visual Basic 5.0, SQL Server 6.5, Oracle 7.12 and MSRDO 2.0 which sits on a LAN and a WAN for corporate wide database replication and e-mail.
- Developed system for outcomes based behavioral healthcare measurement tracking.