- Confidential is a recognized senior project and program manager in Information Technology arena.
- Widely recognized globally for managing technical, business and security compliance projects.
- An astute leaner, mentor and leader with over 22 years working experience.
- Confidential has led several strategic projects, repositioning organizations for more strategic outcomes, process optimization and software development.
- A change and release management expert, Confidential is also known in the IT Governance area for his ability to manage change, proffer strategy and implement business and IT re - alignment solutions, vet vendors and manage client relationships.
- He has great ability managing teams, maintaining C-Level relationships.
- He is considered an expert in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Security Development Lifecycle (SDL), a certified Information Systems, Auditor (CISA), Project Management Professional (PMP), Business Continuity Expert (BCP) and PhD in IT Assurance and Security
- He has worked in many industries including Media and Entertainment, Finance & Real Estate, Oil & Gas, Energy, Telecommunication, Government and Health Industry.
- Confidential is an excellent communicator, with a strong presence and interpersonal skills that has helped him to successfully manage projects to successful completion.
Project/Program Management, Risk Assessment, Cyber Security Expert, Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), Vulnerability Management, Microsoft Project Server, PlanView, Primavera Project Portfolio Management, ServiceNow, SAP and Oracle and ERPs and CRMs modules. Agile and Scrum MasterStrategic Management, Program, Portfolio Management, Vendor and Procurement Management, IT Audits & Security, Business Continuity Planning, Disaster Recovery, Critical Infrastructure Protection, Physical and Environmental Security, Cloud Computing. Proficient in IT Service Management and IT Risk Management, several industry best practices including COBIT/Val IT, ITGI, SOX, PCI DSS, ISO27001/2, ISO35000, ITIL, SSAE16, PII DSS, GLBA, SDLC, EU Data Privacy, HIPAA.
- Mentoring PhD learners working on dissertations in the School of Technology in the following areas: IT general, IT management, Project management and information assurance and security.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Manager of Research
- Reported on schedule, budget, and delivery details to business and IT management; proactively advised management of interim plans, potential issues, mitigation strategies, and implications of requested scope or resource changes to ongoing projects and programs.
- Responsible for analysis of several of the agency’s initiatives including software development, acquisitions of new technologies, understudying workflow, design and build, correlating data from different sources and presentation of data and findings.
- Performs oversight on research and development, projects, and budgets; analysis of management of key Confidential, policies and procedures.
- Responded to ad hoc requests for special reports dynamic presentations, slide shows and other data services. Conceptualized and wrote compelling content for management presentations, qualitative and quantitative reports to support proposal development.
- Monitored key performance indicators, determines gaps in performance metrics, and recommends change management techniques that helped improve efficiency and quality of service.
- Verified and examined the correctness and completeness of agency’s services, received information, IT Security and compliance and other audit activities.
Manager of Enforcement
- Provided advice on a wide range of legal and tax issues, technical IT issues, operational and regulatory issues.
- Chaired the Tax Assessment Reconciliation Committee ( Confidential ) - Analyzing issues and mediating among parties to resolve complex tax regulatory and financial issues.
- Facilitated the establishment and enforcement of tax administration policies and evaluated the agency’s quality of service to taxpayers.
- Led the enforcement team and activities to ensure compliance and adherence to tax policies and regulatory compliance. Established the Tax Payers Advocacy Desk that serviced aggrieved clients.
Manager of Operations
- Managed the day-to-day activities of the project including the planning, scheduling, resourcing, task assignments, scope, budget, and risks; tracked progress and monitored all development activities to ascertain and control progress.
- Coordinated and controlled the policies, programs and the Confidential activities of the agency. Responsible for overseeing operations, security, IT technical projects, finance and risk management including funds sweeping to Confidential Account.
- Ensured consistent implementation of operations-related policies across agency, oversight, monitoring and project assessment oversight-vendor related.
- Responsible for control design, optimization and assurance services over finance, compliance and operational Confidential . Control design and optimization services associated with system implementations, maintenance and upgrades. Performed technical IT controls reviews, including database, operating systems, data warehousing and reporting tools, third party assurance and vetting and other related legal and enforcement services.
- Partnered with business owners and stakeholders to create, review and gain approval of the scope and project plans including measurements of success parameters, scoping, scheduling, costing, risks and issues identification and mitigation.
- Chief Security Advisor to CISOs, CIOs, and CTOs. Acted as technology advisor to organizations, articulating visions, strategies and collaborating with leadership teams to formulate best practices. Responsible for strategic alignment with the business, standards, policies and process development, reports and briefings, Responsible for pipeline development, P& L, executive level relationship management. Represented the companies at conferences and Seminars.
- Acted as consultant to provide cloud security guidance to businesses and IT teams; ensured cloud security designs include key security components such as; firewalls, data encryption, IDS/IPS, forensics, compliance and monitoring capabilities. Performs cloud security vendor assessments to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations, analyzes gaps between current and target security architecture and recommends and reviews implementation roadmaps.
- Managed Confidential implementations and compliance; managed Enterprise Confidential design and implementation, Managed Data Loss Prevention programs, established secure development lifecycle for software and infrastructure acquisitions.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Provided strategic guidance to security teams on cyber security initiatives, IT governance and technology innovations.
- Updated and drafted new cyber security policies, methods and standards.
- Responsible for IT Governance project. Development, compliance & operational performance governance, contract and vendor management in support of the CIO Office, Innovation Reliability & Governance.
- IT risks management, contract management and performance management for the infrastructure and application development groups.
- Process Compliance Consultant - Oklahoma Gas & Electric - Provided leadership and best practice frameworks to senior management on process impacting more than $130 million USD. IT
- Consulted with IT Senior Leadership to remediate and develop new PMO concepts, Confidential, issues with service delivery, including process redesign, RACI chart development, Software Development lifecycle (SDLC), Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL), Smart grid, review board involvements such as IT Governance, Enterprise Architecture and Security Council.
Client Engagement Manager
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Managed several Security Projects, including Risks, Software Development and Portfolio management initiatives.
- Led a team that provided guidance and direction in support of technology's risk and controls initiatives across the enterprise.
- Developed productive relationships across technology, leading and incorporating best practices principles into solution frameworks for Operations & Technology.
- Maintained service delivery excellence, providing oversight, guidance and high-level support to various Risk & Controls teams (RCO).
- Served as a business relationship link between the RCO and Technology partners to add value to service delivery with a focus on Confidential long-term business strategic plans.
- Lead Architect on control rationalization, risk tolerance and appetite framework, risk velocity and third party risk projects.
- Chairs the Risk Steering Committee and updates Executive Management. Monitored industry trends and new regulatory requirements for potential impact on internal Confidential and teams to ensure adherence to standards and regulatory requirements.
Technical Compliance Lead
Confidential, Bristol, CT
- Provided technical oversight, program management and testing of IT general controls, SOX and special audit such as BCP/DR.
- Reviewed the emergency plan procedures and engaged IT in risk management, impact analysis and oversight of projects up to $45 million USD.
- Worked with various heads of departments, senior IT leadership to design and implement various policies, standards & procedures, and IT audit remediation.
- Facilitated project meetings; briefed the project team on status report, risk identified, issues resolved, and gained input from the team on project plans and execution.
- Worked with subject matter experts to provide oversight and program management on various projects including .Net, Oracle, SAP Security and user provisioning. Data governance- Analyzed current workflow Confidential in technical detail, identified and documented modifications and enhancements to Confidential, assessed upstream and downstream impacts to changes, and communicated with stakeholders appropriately.
- Managed external auditors, supported Confidential Finance/Controllership audits, supported the annual IT risk assessments, and performed security reviews on PMO projects to identify possible implementation impact, readiness, controls and privacy assessments. Projects include integrated systems, human capital, Oracle, SAP, Remedy, Testing and Data Migration.
Confidential, Clifton, NJ
- Designed control frameworks across business Confidential using recommended best practices in IT risk management, business continuity planning and disaster recovery.
- Provided interpretation on Sarbanes Oxley Act and how it affects internal controls over financial reporting, general computer controls, and transactional level controls.
- Re-structured process narratives, reviewed other team member’s work, and collaborated effectively to complete project.
- Established a set of change management procedures that complemented the day-to-day activities of an IT operations unit-performing daily monitoring and auditing.
- Managed business process redesign, examination of existing operating model with clients, and implementing appropriate solutions using technical and business suitability assessments.
- Supervised compliance projects for financial services clients, documenting and monitoring technical issues including systems security and performance including various SAP and Oracle modules. Led governance projects, designed and implemented operational IS security Confidential using ITIL.
- Supported the implementation of business continuity plans and disaster recovery, analyzed emergency preparedness and business disruption scenarios.
Senior Business Analyst
- Researched, identified and coordinated business continuity plans, disaster recovery and emergency response procedures and data center activities involving backup, storage, business continuity and risk mitigating strategies.
- Implemented best practices and offered solutions to support new data center project plans. Savings of about $4.5 Million in assets.
- Evaluated hardware and software infrastructure contracts, conducted cost benefit analysis, and reviewed product assessments and vendor agreements.
- Collaborated with business units and various technical teams to enhance business continuity and resiliency capabilities, using storage products and anti virus programs.
- Managed three regional offices, budget & revenue in excess of $15 million USD annually.
- Directed the deployment of a wide range of infrastructure and application projects that addressed clients business priorities, using Confidential products and integrated products from other IT vendors such as SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle.
- Partnered with Deloitte and Touche and Arthur Andersen to develop and deliver state of the art solutions for clients
- Interfaced with senior management at various client sites, resolving project issues, conducting hands off and resolving engagement disputes.