- Engaging and intelligent communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Analytical with the ability to assimilate and simplify complex information.
- Keeps cases organized by establishing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information into file database and case management software; confirming case status with attorney.
- Investigate the facts of cases and ensures that all relevant information is considered.
- Identifies appropriate laws, judicial decisions, legal articles, and other materials for assigned cases.
- Assists law partners with scheduling court proceedings as required.
- Compiles information into case files and prepares spreadsheets for easy reference.
- Serves as notary public to witness and authenticate signatures, administer oaths, verify signatures and take affidavits.
- Files paperwork with courts, insurance companies, hospitals, and clients involved in the case.
- Coordinates office communications including receiving, recording and relaying telephone and electronic messages.
- Attends meetings and takes notes of important information.
- Performs front office support including filing, copying, faxing, emailing, etc.
- Schedules and confirm appointments with clients and other personnel.
- Prepares paperwork for meetings and interviews.
- Greets clients in the office and direct them to appropriate location.
- Works with accounting department regarding billing and payments for clients.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Developed plans and strategies to ensure successful completion of project work.
- Evaluated the project requirements and translated them to the team members and management.
- Identified and allocated resources to achieve project objectives.
- Assisted in making budget plans and risk management strategies.
- Checked and reviewed the quality assurance process to deliver superior products to the client.
- Ensured timely completion of projects and managed the performance of day - to-day tasks.
- Maintained and prepared accurate daily and periodic documentation in the form of reports.
- Assisted in maximizing output and minimizing potential risks or threats.
- Worked in a team environment and collaborates with various departments.
Probation and Parole Intern
- Use of the Healing Environment, Evidence Based Practices, and Motivational Interviewing.
- Contributed to the department ’ s public safety mission by supervising and counseling clients in the community setting.
- Worked directly with clients in support of the department's reentry mission.
- Interviewed, gathered, verified and evaluated information to prepare pre-sentence investigations including sentencing recommendations/suggestions.
- Informed clients of conditions of supervision and developed supervision plans to include directly monitoring clients' behavior.
- Maintained case files and documented case activities.
- Investigated, reported, and followed up on alleged client violations to determine appropriate and available sanctions.
- Prepared sentencing guidelines and attended Circuit Court.
Criminal Justice Student
- Highly motivated honor student seeking a rewarding career.
- Engaging and gifted communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Analytical with the ability to assimilate and simplify complex information and projects.
- Provided overall direction and guidance to Confidential project team from initiation through to closure.
- Served as the face and name of the project.
- Conducted project status meetings.
- Created, updated and modified spreadsheets used to track progress.
- Assisted in preparation of reports. Set Confidential project budget.
- Served as the main point of contact for stakeholders.
- Managed project timelines.
- Conducted project meetings with all stakeholders.
- Contributed to the development of process improvements and best practices.
- Proactively lead, coached, and motivated project team members.
- Set objectives for project team.
- Managed risks and mitigated impact on project.
- Communicated to college professors the status of the project.
- Provided excellent customer service.
- Greeted customers and determined their needs and wants.
- Discussed type, quality and number of merchandise required for purchase.
- Recommended merchandise to customers based on individual requirements.
- Advised customers on use and care of merchandise.
- Addressed customers’ queries and concerns.
- Prepared sales transactions and accepted payment through cash and credit card.
- Assisted in display of merchandise.
- Maintained sales records for inventory control.