Over 18 years of Software and Embedded driver test experience in the Network industry. Capable of evaluating, verifying and trouble spotting IOT software, testing Wired and Wireless devices like sensors, systems like AP, Switches, Routers. Highly motivated, results oriented individual.
Protocols: Zigbee 15.4, 802.11AC, 802.11 a/b/g/n, TCP/IP, SNMP, DHCP, STP, VLAN
Cloud Infras: AWS, Google Cloud, Kafka Server, HA Proxy, Cassandra, Postgres
Video/ TV Standards: DVB - T, Mpeg2, NTSC, ATSC, and PAL.
Operating System: Win10, Win7, Cygwin, Linux 32bit 1004, 64bit 1404 ubuntu, ESXi VMware systems, DELL Server
Applications: Postman, Jira bug database, Jenkins server for build, Confluence, Sharepoint, Slack, IXIA, Chariot, Veriwave, Ts Reader, Automated QA, Digital Dektec digital generator, Cellmetric, Promax, Confidential ’s NdisTest, Driver Test Manager (DTM), Windows Logo Kit 1.5 (WLK,ANVL, Smart Bits, Azimuth wireless chamber, Omnipeek, Etherpeek, Airopeek, wireshark, Bugzilla bug track, Test Runner, iperf, Visio, Perforce
Computer Languages: Python, Tcl/TK, Expect, Perl.
Staff Escalation Engineer
- Customers are first Took care by solving and fixing issues at Customers site either with system, servers, company products.
- Fixed issues in database level, API level, product configurations, website, usability issues etc.
- Engaged with customers and engineers to make customers happy with new request or bug fixes.
- Resolved issues with customers like Google, Tesla, Intel, Uber and many more.
Sr. System Software Test Engineer
- Worked as a Sr. System Test Engineer on all Confidential ’ smart sensors and Gateways based on ZigBee 15.4 protocol and Bluetooth based devices using Customer Profiles.
- Worked on server solution which has lighting control and GUI control based Energy Manager (EM) devices, Enterprise Energy Manager using VSphere, Energy Manager on Cloud (EMC) and virtual energy solution. Familiar with Kafka server, HA Proxy, Cassandra database and Postgres.
- Familiar with PostgreSQL for database query and REST API.
- Familiar with AWS and Google cloud infrastructure.
- Verified WIFI communication, testing like radio strength for sensors, Gateway.
- Tested features like contact closure, soft metering for fixtures, lighting, bacnet protocol for BMS.
- Tested different Apps that uses the data from lighting IOT platform as SPACE, configure and detect occupancy, track assets and historical movements of assets.
- Tested and debugged Firmware, software, regression and reliability test. Helped field with Customer issue and trained field Engineers at times.
Sr. Wireless Design Validation Engineer
- Verified communication between Xbox One Console and Controller Accessories.
- Verified Confidential 's proprietary Mac layer gaming protocol.
- Analyzed L2 data, management, control packets using Omnipeek wireless sniffer.
- Validated Wi-Fi 802.11N protocol works according to the Xbox interface documents and Xbox accessory specification documents.
- Validated smooth gaming experience across all the accessories products by running Connectivity Test, Stress test, Range test, and Functional test, Link Stability Test
Chief Wireless Analyst
- Managed OEM team to make sure the product met the standards and delivered per schedule.
- Through OEM vendors, built quality wireless products based on Confidential Mad Wi-Fi stack.
- Purchased IXIA chariot, Veriwave equipment and used it to qualify wireless produ ct family.
- As Wi-Fi Alliance member, worked on getting 11N Wi-Fi certification on current Gconnect release.
- Established relationship with UNH lab and facilitated to create and maintain interoperability testing standards.
- Worked on Wireless NAS storage device. Researched and evaluated different chip vendors for developing next generation wireless product lines.
- Worked on 802.11 AC, a/b/g/n protocols for next generation products.
Sr. Staff Software Test Engineer
- Worked and was leading Wii 3DS Gaming Device which is based on Confidential ’s Wi-Fi chip. Tested Confidential ’s IOPOS based on cygwin. Verified chip works according to Wi-Fi 802.11gn standards.
- Tested the embedded device to work in interop mode with industry standards vendor Legacy Ap and 11N Ap like Cisco, Apple Ap, and Dlink Ap.
- Verified Mac layer with brcmwd interface and wl interface commands to config security WEP 40,108, WPA PSK Tkip/AES, Wpapsk2 -AES.
- Tested Game console’s various applications to vendor’s quality standards.
- Worked on Tcl/Expect script to modify and run Performance, Stress test. Hands on experience in writing test plans and test specifications, development and maintenance of automation Framework and bringing up the test setups. Used Chariot, iperf to measure throughput.
- Responsible for preparing test bed design and getting the needed equipments. Sending a complete report and analysis of the test results for every software build release. Worked internationally with developers to reproduce and troubleshoot the issues reported.
Sr Software Test Engineer
- Tested Windows drivers for Analog/DVB-T TvTuner products using Confidential Directshow graph filters via RF antenna.
- Worked on setting up, testing and submitting for WHQL Confidential certification tests to get WINLOGO for the TV Tuner products.
- Tested Telegent’s Single hybrid chip for ATSC, DVB-T, NTSC,PAL, SECAM standards for handheld mobile TV and PC/Netbook products. Tested audio and video features like FM stereo radio, Video resolution.
- Used DVB-T signal generator cards like Dektec and teleview to play Transport streams.
- Automated test cases using Test Complete automation tool and Macro Express software for the stress test and Mpeg FW test.
Regression Test Engineer
- Testing wireless device and 802.11N driver for Vista client and compatibility with different vendor’s chips sets.
- Maintaining 32 bit and 64 bit operating system for Confidential Ndistest, Windows Logo Kit (WLK) and Driver Test Manager (DTM) test beds for WHQL certifications. In charged for whole WHQL Certification testing.
- Tested Windows Vista 802.11 Confidential Driver - port for existing 802.11a/b/g/n drivers from XP and Vista.
- Does Regression Testing, Performance testing.
- Does Stress test using tools like Socket perf, Power save mode tool, iperf .
Sr. Wireless Test Eng
- Tested Confidential ’s Access Point (AP) series indoor/outdoor single/dual radio products. Qualified AP - Client testing using Multiple SSID.
- Tested different Frequencies for FCC, ETSI regulatory domains. Verified AP’s functionality which includes Securities methods like 802.1x, WEP, AES, WPA PSK, WPA2-PSK using IAS Radius server for all countries as World Mode product .
- Tested DFS (Dynamic Frequency selection) to detect radar using pulse generator to generate pulses. Used Spectrum Analyzer to analyze frequencies.
- Tested 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and 4.9 GHz public safety products.
- Used Ixia’s Chariot scripts, Spirent’s Smart Apps, Smart bits tools, and iperf, to test TCP, UDP, VoIP, ARP, ICMP packets and many more protocols to qualify AP can handle different type of traffic.
Sr. Wireless Test Engineer
- Tested Confidential ‘s indoor and outdoor 802.11 a/b/g wireless mesh products IEEE standards.
- Configured and tested 104bit, 128-bit WEP encryption and AES keys for security.
- Configured Java based Network Management System in Linux, Win XP and tested mesh can be configured as single mesh with many nodes ~20 at one time.
- Verified Performance and Throughput using iperf etc and to reduce RF interference configured Azimuth product’s Azimuth Director application to isolate nodes.
- For troubleshooting used Tcpdump, Netstumbler, VNC free tools.
- Written automation scripts with Expect, TCL, and batch. Modified Ixia’s scripts to run some test.
Systems Test Engineer
Confidential, Santa Clara
- Worked on OSI model of Layer 2/3 BayStack Switches / Stack and its functionalities.
- Performed System test using Smartbits to generate traffic, Sniffer to capture packets. Configured Nortel’s switches, Cisco Routers switch for system interoperability test Stress test, Regression test.
- Verified switch performance using Tested security features Extensive Authentication Protocol over LAN (EAPoL), Mac based security, Baysecure using Radius authentication, Device manager DM, SNMP, Rmon.
- Configured and tested Gigabit Ethernet/Fast Ethernet for QOS, Port based Vlan’s, MSTP, RSTP, Spanning tree and Multilink Trunk