Programming skills: Java, C, Python
Relevant courses: Human Genetics and Genomic, Programming, Bioinformatics
Other skills: Proficient in English and Chinese (both Mandarin and Cantonese)
- Tutored primary and secondary students in a small group setting using English as a primary language which lead to academic improvement.
- Motivated and encouraged students’ interest in learning math and science with group activities and experiments in class to satisfy students’ curiosity and stimulate thinking.
- Communicated with parents on students’ abilities and progress through written reports and phone calls to maintain a good parent - teacher relationship.
- Coordinated with senior staff to train new teaching staff by reflecting on teaching methods to maintain a more engaging and friendly teaching environment.
- Maintained product quality by performing microbial limited test and bioassay following Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standard.
- Maintained safe working environment through regular calibration of equipment, writing Standard Operating Procedure(SOP) and Working Instruction(WI), and handling biohazard waste to pass any government inspections.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Obtained a modified version of bacteriorhexdosin with a different active site by changing the gene using PCR, transforming the gene into E coli. cells, cloning the cells and purifying the protein using HPLC.
- Investigated the affinity of the substrate and the modified protein using UV spectrometer, resulting in the role of certain amino acids in the active site as the binding of the substrate.