Experienced analyst interested in obtaining a position within this organization where I can offer my critical thinking skills to help generate analytical products alongside strategic policy implementations. I am efficient in analytical writing and report production. I am also versed in categories such as terrorism and gang intelligence.
Confidential, Richmond, Virginia
- Review existing crime - related data/statistics or reports related to a law enforcement district or jurisdiction.
- Knowledge of emergency response protocols.
- Use computer programs, such as databases, statistical analysis software and GIS (geographic information systems). The latter is to prepare maps, especially useful for law enforcement officers.
- Analyze statistics to determine trends and to forecast future criminal activity.
- Write and edit relevant reports, bulletins and presentations.
- Provide analytical support to police officers/sheriff's deputies, detectives, CIA, FBI and other personnel.
- Develop programs to predict and prevent future criminal activity.
- Holds a secret clearance
Confidential, Franklin, Virginia
Upward Bound Teacher
- To teach and educate students according to the al needs, abilities and attainment potential of individual students.
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to all students in the class.
- Teaching according to the al needs, abilities and of the individual students and groups of students
- Assigning work, correcting and marking work carried out by his/her students;
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress, attainment and behavior of one’s students
- Providing guidance and advice to students on al and social matters and on their further and future careers; providing information on sources of more expertise.
Confidential, Norfolk, Virginia
Licensed Insurance Agent
- Attend meetings, seminars and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills, and receive technical assistance in developing new accounts.
- Calculate premiums and establish payment method.
- Confer with clients to obtain and provide information when claims are made on a policy.
- Customize insurance programs to suit individual customers, often covering a variety of risks.
- Develop marketing strategies to compete with other individuals or companies who sell insurance.
- Ensure that policy requirements are fulfilled, including any necessary medical examinations and the completion of appropriate forms.
- Explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various policies to promote sale of insurance plans.
- Explain necessary bookkeeping requirements for customer to implement and provide group insurance program.
- Inspect property, examining its general condition, type of construction, age, and other characteristics, to decide if it is a good insurance risk.
- Preform clerical duties such as filing, entering data on computers, sending and receiving fax, relating messages, cataloging important information.
- Interview prospective clients to obtain data about their financial resources and needs, the physical condition of the person or property to be insured, and to discuss any existing coverage.
- Monitor insurance claims to ensure they are settled equitably for both the client and the insurer.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as maintaining records and handling policy renewals.
- Plan and oversee in corporation of insurance program into bookkeeping system of company.
Confidential, Raleigh, North Carolina
Political Science Research Assistant
- Provide assistance with the preparation of project-related reports, manuscripts, and presentations.
- Maintain and query databases, spreadsheets, and automated computer programs as needed or required to perform analytical duties.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Conduct research on relevant laws, regulations, legal articles and current events
- Analyze material, summarize key points and condense information into reports
- Organize and maintain documents in a paper or electronic filing systems
- Draft correspondence
- Schedule meetings and administrative support to manager
- Analyze internal processes and recommend and implement procedural or policy changes to improve operations, such as supply changes or the disposal of records.
- Prepare and review operational reports and schedules to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills
- Excellent research and investigative skills
- Ability to write clear and concise reports
- A positive, team-oriented attitude
- Provide assistance in the design of survey instruments such as questionnaires.
- Develop and implement research quality control procedures.
- Perform descriptive and multivariate statistical analyses of data, using computer software.