Confidential, Denver, Colorado
- Worked with the Managing Partners to tighten Accounting Policies and Procedures
- Introduced Quickbooks based Budgeting and budget perfomance management together with Excel based budget tracking and management
- Introduced cash flow management systems
- Accounting up to Balance Sheet as well as Financial management for all the Seven Companies in the group
- Accounts payable and Accounts receivable functions
- Reconciliations of Confidential Accounts and Seven Credit Cards monthly
- Advising Partners on GAAP
- General Ledger duties
- Payroll duties using Paychex
- Bill payments functions
- Expense/Invoice Coding
- Various monthend closing duties.
Finance & Admin Manager
- Created financial management and accounting policies and procedures; which were then implemented.
- Introduced robust monthly management accounts reports on excel based models; allowing tracking of monthly profitability of all 4 companies in the group, as well as forecast cash flows, individually and consolidated.
- Introduced strict accounts payable methods to enable discipline in cash use and management.
Finance & Admin Manager
- Implemented strict working capital management systems and wrote funding proposals to financial institutions resulting in funding, successful working capital management and outstanding creditors management, and contributed to the redemption of business partnerships with creditors
- Created models and reports that provided summarized information and detailed analysis on the trends of turnover, and monitoring of departmental gross profit percentage performances, enabling a strict and disciplined buying behavior within the limits of cash flow constraints.
- Developed an excel - based model for 5-year profit planning.
- Managing Financial Aspects of Inventory: Creating inventory codes in the accounting system, Preparing and monitoring departmental and store purchasing budgets, Capturing inventory into accounting system and supervision of the Goods receiving function, Mapping the floor for inventory counts, Checking if prices and bar codes are correct in the retail system before inventory count, Supervising physical inventory counts together with store manager, Adjusting Inventory for interdepartmental transfers as well as shrinkage and miscellaneous movements, Reconciling physical inventory count to system figures and writing management reports,
- Various Month end close duties including: Bank reconciliations, capturing payroll journal entries into the accounting system, Creditors reconciliations, staff loan accounts reconciliations, Posting adjusting journal entries for Fixed Assets and other Liabilities,
- Daily reconciliation of cash and card takings with bank deposits,
- Month end Responsibilities Including: Preparation of Management Accounts, Financial Statements, Financial Budgets, Tax Returns. Managing and Maintaining Forecasting Models including Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow,
- Maintaining Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, Daily Cash Files and maintaining the General Ledger in an up-to-date and accurate condition.
Course Facilitator /Trainer
- Corporate delegates of various governments in issues of development and courses accredited.
- Also served an attachment/internship ( ) in fulfillment of the degree requirements.