- Seasoned C - level executive with a proven, hands-on record establishing cross-functional alliances to deliver exceptional results within marketing, finance & accounting, legal, HR, customer service, IT, regulatory compliance, and tax planning. Strategic leader with demonstrated in-depth experience of operational success from start-ups to public companies ( Confidential ).
- Responsible for complex financial models, multi-million-dollar forecasting, budgeting, cash management, corporate reorganization, and tax planning to maximize profits.
- Public accounting experience with large regional and a Big 4 firm.
- Strategic Business Planning and Execution
- Acquisition & Financing of Real Estate
- Complex & Integration Change Management
- Acquisition of Significant Financing
- Deploying Crucial Performance Metrics
- Regulatory Compliance
- Integration of Multiple IT Platforms
- Fiscal Accountability and P&L Management
- Multi-Level Legal Management
- Tax and Risk Management Trailblazer
- Technology Planning & Utilization
Confidential, Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
Founder and Principal
- Drafted the Strategic Business Plan, Organizational Structure, and Key Performance Indicators for a start-up company developing a multi-purpose mobile app and website.
- Advised multiple real estate affiliates to update financial and accounting policies and procedures to provide more accurate and complete (GAAP) financial statements and tax returns.
- Authored complex financial models for analyzing multiple real estate acquisitions, development, and construction projects.
- Primary leader in obtaining HUD Section 221(d)(4) financing for the acquisition and construction of a $39 million multi-family residential community.
- Negotiated the re-financing of a $1.8 million multi-family residential community backed by Freddie Mac.
- Formed corporations, limited partnerships, and limited liability companies. Merged entities to streamline operations, drafted Bylaws, Operating Agreements, Limited Partnership Agreements, Organizational Minutes, and complex real estate Contracts.
Confidential, Irving, TX
Chief Financial Officer & Strategic Manager
- Negotiated $1.6 million SBA loan enabling one of three Class A shareholders to acquire the interests of the other two Class A shareholders.
- Managed multiple departments establishing new polices and procedures to provide more accurate and timely reporting of the company’s financial position and to comply with regulatory authorities.
- Increased employee-benefit programs by over 15% while significantly lowering the company’s expenditures and the out-of-pocket medical costs to employees.
- Standardized accounting and financial processes to accurately and timely prepare monthly financial statements for banking and loan-required covenants.
- Negotiated and managed all complex legal agreements with large banks and merchants, resulting in an increase in annual revenue of over 20%.
- Negotiated the lease agreement for the company’s new headquarters, providing more updated office space and slashing monthly occupancy expenses by more than 20%.
- Developed and implemented the company’s short- and long-term strategic business plan leading to an increase in net profit of 15% while increasing market share by 10%.
Confidential, Denton, TX
Chief Financial Officer and Director of Strategic Planning
- Restructured the company’s sales department into 3 separate SBUs.
- Reorganized and created administrative departments to centralize operations to support the SBUs, including: 1) HR and the creation of new employee benefit programs; 2) standardized accounting policies and procedures; 3) created the legal department; 4) Oversight of IT; 5) local, state, and federal tax requirements, and 6) regulatory compliance.
- Increased cash flow in first year by more than 180%.
- Reduced facility costs by 50% per year.
- Oversight and drafting all legal matters and partnered with outside counsel when needed.
- Improved employee benefits while reducing costs by more than 15%.
- Established new sales-incentive policies that enabled sales staff to double commissions.
- Increased profits of the Platform Sales SBU by more than 180% by creating a complex, integrated, and interactive financial model for clients to see the net-present value of investing in competitive telephony platform solutions.
- Increased overall net income by over 200% in first two years.
- Slashed occupancy costs 35% by negotiation and financing the acquisition of company’s headquarters.
- Negotiated multiple financing for corporate headquarters acquisition, working line of credit, and all major capital acquisitions.
- Partnered with outside auditors to complete annual financial statement audit.
- Added over $1 million dollars of cash flow to the three owners by utilizing income tax carrybacks.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Co-Founder, President, and CFO
- Targeted healthcare professionals instead of book stores to market the company’s publications and services.
- Achieved Confidential approval for the company’s weight management program as a standardized behavior modification protocol.
- Partnered with major pharmaceutical companies to conduct clinical trials in weight management.
- Raised initial capital of $1.5 million through a Regulation D Offering.
- Sold the company for a good profit.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Controller, CFO, President
- Increased net profits by 250% over 3.5 years from real estate sales.
- Acquired additional real estate to company’s portfolio of over $125 million.
- Reported financial and tax information to limited partners of over 50 different partnerships.
- Negotiated lease of corporate headquarters to accommodate significant corporate growth.
- Acquired financing and negotiated the acquisition of controlling interest in TC ( Confidential ) for owner of IAC.
- Increased consolidated net income by 22% in first year.
- Slashed outstanding liabilities of subsidiary in bankruptcy by settling over $2.4 million of debt with $2 million of cash.
- Settled all remaining debt and other liabilities of subsidiary in bankruptcy within six months.
- Ended the subsidiary’s bankruptcy whereby TC ended up with over $86 million of real estate (truck terminals) debt free.
- Partnered with outside accounting firm and received the first, unqualified audit opinion of the company in 6 years.