- With over 25 years of Project Management and Functional Management experience I have been responsible for all aspects of the business process including, human resource management, financial responsibility for multi - million-dollar budgets, business policy and process definition for North America and Europe, third party software purchase, implementation and on-going contract management, customer service (call center), and strategic and tactical organizational planning.
- My human resource management experience includes direct responsibility for functional and IT resources, and matrix management of remote teams in Europe and Asia.
- Proven track record for managing large, complex IT projects and consistently delivering on time and within budget. This includes global projects spanning 20 countries.
- Experienced in traditional Waterfall Life Cycle projects and Agile Framework projects (using Rapid Application Development).
- Experience using MS Office Suite with extensive use of MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS SharePoint and MS Visio.
- Experience with direct management and matrix management of domestic and off shore resources having a total span of control of 86 employees as well as third-party staff supporting projects.
- Extensive experience in the design, development and implementation of systems applications, policies, and procedures that improve productivity, reduce costs and improve customer satisfaction ratings.
- Proactive in anticipating problems and defining workable solutions.
- Demonstrated skill in implementing LSS continuous improvement processes and providing significant ROI to fund projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly adept at facilitating discussions and negotiations with stakeholders and reaching consensus.
- Demonstrated ability to gain employee trust and provide leadership. Received the highest rating (100%) in employee feedback surveys.
- Received numerous company s for delivery of exceptional performance as well as recognition from outside organizations
- Recognized subject matter expert in the field of employee expense reimbursement. Member of Confidential Client Advisory Council for their Global Expense Reporting Solution ( Confidential ) and frequent speaker at the Confidential User Conferences.
- Experience providing class room for employees and as a Subject Matter Expert.
- Knowledge of Agile tools JIRA, Rally and VersionOne.
- Validate that all clients have a transition strategy to exit the Confidential application by the Sunset date. Negotiate contract renewals and extensions in support of the Confidential Sunset Strategy and the Concur Partnership Agreement.
- Liaison with the Concur Confidential Alliance Manager to provide valuable client insight and provide support toward the shared objective of Concur being selected as the Vendor of Choice.
Business Development Manager
- Fully comprehend client requirements and liaison with the Confidential Delivery organization to achieve client satisfaction.
- Advocate for clients who otherwise don’t have an Confidential client executive assigned.
Confidential, Rochester, NY
- Manage all aspects of the program including selection and implementation of expense management software, defining the global expense reimbursement policy, Confidential corporate card roll-out, back-office procedures, and development of materials and communications strategy.
- Develop the business case and negotiate the annual funding contract. Generated annual savings of $15 to $18 million for a total of over $150 million during my tenure.
- Negotiate third party contracts for program support and deliverables. This includes Confidential, EDS, and third party vendors throughout the world that support the integration of the interfaces to SAP and Oracle.
- Sponsored and hosted the Confidential development workshop with cross-functional team members (HR, IT, Tax, Travel, Accounting) from 18 countries. Outcome was a global travel policy and agreement on business requirements for the Confidential solution.
- Manage the activities of on-site staff in the US, Ireland, UK and Germany plus virtual employees in other countries. Consistently received 100% employee satisfaction in annual feedback surveys.
- To date the application has been successfully implemented in 20 countries in North America, Europe and Asia.
- Concurrent with this assignment I also acted as the Chief of Staff for the Director, North American Finance Organization.
- Developed the mission and vision statements as well as the five-year plan for improving productivity and setting the direction for the organization.
- Coordinate an annual meeting of all managers in the organization to develop the upcoming year’s objectives.
- Identify areas of opportunity, stack rank the initiatives and secured funding. Throughout the following year inspect and report on the progress against objectives.
- Successfully completed the outsourcing of customer support for several employee benefit functions (Defined Retirement Plans, Health Care) to a third-party vendor.
- Initiated productivity, cost, and performance management programs that exceeded expectations with regard to customer satisfaction and operating budgets.
- Provided FP&A management and strategic planning for the Financial Services organization. Responsible for an operating budget of $22 million.
- Developed an employee gain sharing program and managed the distribution of bonus payouts to employees.
Information Management Account Manager
- Responsible for vendor selection, project management, software selection and delivery, strategic and tactical planning, management consulting, team leadership, executive and staff presentations, business case development and project funding sourcing.
- Participate in several international development projects with operations in Canada and the United Kingdom.
- Direct reporting relationship to the CIO of US Customer Operations and matrix reporting relationship to the Senior V.P. Supplies Marketing.
Manager, Supply Billing to Collection
- Responsibilities included project planning and management, staff management and development, vendor management, integration of reengineered business process requirements and incremental functionality to deliver significant revenue growth.
- Provided management and team consulting on the replacement of other legacy systems.
- Act as liaison with Supplies Marketing, Customer Administration Supply Billing and Supplies Parts and Logistics organizations.
- Provide IT program management and leadership to a cross-functional team responsible for the design, development and implementation of a supply return and billing adjustment system yielding over $3 million in savings.
Manager, Supply Administration and Marketing Support
- Responsibilities included managing the on-site Supply Billing staff as well as five regional field organizations.
- Provided management oversight for end user and external customer interfaces, business process improvements, policy and procedures, billing accuracy measurements and external customer satisfaction strategy deployment.
Manager, Order Entry and Fulfillment Quality Assurance
- Provide management direction to Q/A organization.
- Total span of control: 8 project managers and 63 Q/A analysts.
- Sponsored the Leesburg Study to define Q/A analyst position sourcing qualifications, Q/A Handbook and materials.