VP Loan Review Officer, Vineland, NJ
- Conducted Loan Reviews of individual commercial and commercial real estate borrowing relationships under minimal
- Supervision of the Director of Risk Management.
- Prepared clear, factual and concise reports of findings and summarized basis for conclusions.
- Performed individual credit reviews to assess and assign a numeric level of risk value for repayment capacityManagement capability, market position, collateral support and protection against risk of loss, economic, legalRegulatory and environmental risk or potential impact.
- Accurate assignment of the overall obligor and facility numeric risk rating and the conclusion of the risk rating rationale.
- Identify all financial, documentation, policy and approval exceptions/deficiencies.
- Provide relevant observations and/or recommendations and effectively communicate findings to the lending groups and senior management.
Bank Consultant, Horsham, PA
- Provided Loan Review services, Due Diligence, process review and risk rated a random sample of commercial loan portfolio and equipment leasing portfolio.
- Provided Credit Underwriting, Loan Review, Risk Rating and due diligence services for small to mid - sized community Banks.
- Credits included Confidential Guaranteed Loans as awell as direct Commercial and Industrial Loans for middle market entities and real estate financing (owner occupied and investor deals) which included construction and permanent financing .
- Provided Expert Witness services focused on the feasibility of financing specific projects which had been condemned by the Confidential as well as Private entities.
- Provided Risk Rating of entire portfolio of over 400 relationships of small local Bank, Loan Review of significant portion of commercial portfolio, structured and restructured existing maturing loans to improve the Bank s position, prepared loan underwriting and credit memorandums for presentation to Loan Committee.
Senior Risk Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
- Audited the commercial loan review process and risk rated a random sampling of commercial loans that had been rated by an out - sourced vendor utilized to perform Loan Review and Risk Ratings.
- Provided Loan Review Services, Due Diligence, Process Review and Risk Rated a random sample of commercial loan portfolio and equipment leasing portfolio.
- Provided Loan Review and credit underwriting services in anticipation of Federal Regulatory Audit.
V.P. / Credit Officer, Villanova, PA
- Actively managed an assigned portfolio of highly diverse and complex credit relationships located throughout the Confidential.
- Credit exposure per relationship ranged from $500M to $11 million.
- Provided Credit Officer sign-off on loan structure, loan policy compliance and underwriting risk, for all commercial requests up to $1million. Credits included middle market commercial and industrial loans, asset-based credits, as well as construction and permanent mortgage finaincing for diverse real estate projects.
- Developed strategies to improve non - performing loans, reduce delinquencies, maximize recoveries and minimize losses.
- Identified potential problem credits and provide guidance to staff in restructuring the credit and/or minimize losses. Initiated credit recommendations for placement on the Bank s Watchlist.
- Ensured the presence of a credit culture consistent with the Asset Quality objectives and strategic plan established by the Board of Directors.
- Served as a critical leader by partnering with RMs in underwriting and approving credit opportunities, and participated in the development of new business.
- Ensured corporate loans were underwritten within the principles of sound banking practices and established policy guidelines. Active involvement in maintaining and revising loan policies and procedures.
- Assisted in the credit aspects of all regulatory exams, internal loan audits and external loan audits, as necessary.
- Proactively determined the risk tolerance status for the various loan types and keeps the lending and credit teams informed of any changes that might impact their marketing and loan negotiations.
- Assigned portfolio approximated 83 relationships with $138 million in commitments comprised mainly of middle market size credits.
Vice Presid ent/Commercial Lending, Warminster, PA
- Successfully developed and implemented marketing plan for expansion or recently opened satellite loan production office in Southampton, PA (opened September 2004).
- Built market share to include 36 Business Banking relationships with over $36 million in committed loans in 22months (versus $12 million goal for the same period).
- Developed loan portfolio comprised of general C & I loans, Commercial Mortgage and Construction loan for residential and commercial projects as well as Confidential and other CDC financing programs .
- Received quarterly incentive bonuses on a consistent basis for loan production, fee generation, deposit gathering and referrals to other Stonebridge business units (Cash Management, Residential Mortgage Department and Branch products/services).
- Called upon prospective clients and referral sources to identify and develop new business opportunities, both credit and non-credit in nature.
- Presented analysis/structure to senior management/Board Loan Committee, advocating loans and supporting proposals through quantitative and qualitative assessment of risk.
- Proactively monitored existing client relationships and industry trends to ensure continual loan quality.
- Credit exposure per relationship ranged from S100M to $5 million.
Bank Consultant, Ambler, PA
- Assisted numerous clients in meeting their capital requirements by providing debt placement services on a fee basis.
- Capital sources extending beyond the traditional working capital, term financing and commercial mortgages, to include asset-based financing, residential mortgages, equipment leasing, Confidential lending and other non-traditional sources.
- Provided credit and lending services for small and medium size financial institutions, including loan underwriting, statement spreading, financial analysis, loan structuring, projection modeling, industry assessments and comparison among peers, loan/portfolio reviews, appraisal reviews and other customized services as appropriate.
- Founded National Mortgage Funding Group to provide post closing and post funding services on an outsourced contract basis for Mortgage Brokers and the residential mortgage divisions of various Financial Institutions.
Vice President/Commercial Lending, Blue Bell, PA
- Successfully developed and implemented strategic plan for expanded emphasis on commercial lending business line.
- Built a portfolio to include 57 Business Banking relationships with over $34 million outstanding in loans and $12.4 million in average collected deposit balances.
- Consistently exceeded annual goals for loan production, deposit gathering and fee generation.
- Received quarterly sales achievement awards on a consistent basis for loan production, deposit gathering and referrals to other Progress business units (Cash Management, Progress Business Credit, Progress Leasing Company, Progress Financial Resources and Branch products/services).
- Appointed bank liaison to integrate Progress Financial Resources and Branch network into the Business Banking calling plan and product line.
- Appointed to task force for new product development, both credit and non-credit in nature.
- Organized and implemented various seminars/educational forums for clients and referral sources.