- Experienced Plant Manager/Engineer with proven ability to identify, analyze and figure out strategical approach and solutions to any common or unusual complex problems surrounding my field of expertise, background, and even on areas I have never experienced before. I have the brains needed to lead and manage engineers and plant operations personnel with thorough knowledge of the following:
- Practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles of DMAIC, techniques using Design for six sigma (DFSS), procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Exceptional understanding of relational database architecture and application.
- Thorough knowledge of plant manufacturing and assembly operations.
- Project Management Decision Making Empowerment
- Result Oriented Motivational patterns Ability to learn
- Customer Focused Team Development Change leadership
- Initiative Build relationship and partnership Quality and Safety
- Functional Expertise Adaptability Work Ethics
- Communications Risk Management Project briefs
Proficiency: Lead (e.g. 2001 - Elected Confidential Vice chairman for Supervisor’s council in North American Plants), manage, motivate, empower, train, initiate, resourceful, implement, coordinate, Excellent in computer, Statistical process/quality control. Engineering statistics application to identify cause of parts variation. Six-sigma, Computer Aided Engineering - Stress; strain; torsion; durability analysis, Computer aided design - Solid models (Autocad/Unigraphics) and visual Mockup, PRTS, PQMS, E-squared, Tracker Gart, DFMEA, practical applications of latest technology, project management, innovate, figure out an existing system/process and make it better, Simplify/automate procedures, Clear road blocks, Get things done by myself or through others.
IT skills: MySQL, PHP, HTML, Java Script, Database
Plant Area manager, Auburn Hills, MI
- Planned and directed through subordinate levels of management, all assembly and production test operations required to achieve customer requirements on time.
- Set direction and standards for production, quality, safety, cost and customer satisfaction.
- Scheduled and planned overall operations of the department, using cost and manpower as criteria to meet financial goals and establish work priorities.
- R esponsible for accuracy of all production related data and effective communication to meet cost targets and drive improvement effort from support groups.
- Established direction for quality improvement, process and productivity improvement teams and housekeeping effectiveness.
- Responsible for meeting total efficiency goals outlined in operations budget.
- Directed and lead plant budgeting process, capital allocation and overall plant financial targets to support corporate budget goals.
- Advised & coordinated with advanced program teams to insure assembly of systems which meet quality standards through a leadership role in the PRP Process of launching new programs.
- Responsible for the quality of all units produced utilizing a philosophy to lead projects to closure demonstrating variation reduction and lean principles through cross functional teams.
- Established a culture throughout the organization that emphasizes “stop the line” / employee empowerment focus while promoting a continuous improvement philosophy.
- Established & maintained cohesive relationships with other departments to improve product performance & reduce costs, including Customer & Supplier Interface to represent Inalfa appropriately.
- Responsible for coaching, performance management and development of manufacturing staff.
- Enforced company policies & regulations to staff.
- Responsible for other department responsibilities such as Materials, Warehouse, Maintenance, & Quality.
- Managed all plant personnel supporting production of Chrysler sunroof business unit program (i.e Assembly supervisors, Product Engineers, Supplier Quality engineers, Internal quality engineers, Manufacturing engineers, Customer quality engineers, Assembly operators, Line production leaders)
- Adhered to all TS16949 procedures as related to the Manufacturing Operations department function
Lead Design Engineer
Confidential, Warren, MI
- Lead Product development team (Third party - program manager, Warranty Engineers, Seat engineers, Quality manager, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers).
- Worked with tier one supplier seat engineers to explore and implement Value analysis/Value engineering (VA/VE) for cost reduction
- Worked with tier one supplier seat engineers and program manager with the Bill of materials (BOM) that defined the seats as they are designed and as they are built (i.e. materials, sub-assemblies, intermediate assemblies, sub-components, parts and the quantities needed to manufacture seats). Request for engineering proposal or engineering changes.
- Develop Product Statement of requirement (SOR) for interior - seats
- Support Manufacturing using DMAIC, DFSS, Production parts approval (PPAP), Design verification plan and report (DVP&R), PV/DV test (Production/design validation), CAE, GD&T, PFMEA and Service Engineering. Single point contact for pre-production prototype and manufacturing of injection molded plastic components, mechanical components, electrical systems, trim, safety bags and head restraints. Vehicle interior components interface support with seat belt restraints, Instrument panels, HVAC, interior trims, floor pan, door panels and roof systems
- Thorough knowledge of Confidential Global Vehicle development system as equivalent to FORD GPDS. Where Advanced R&d group, Marketing group, advanced vehicle design group from 7 global technical centers of Confidential, competitors tear down assessment group collaboratively define and assess new product program. The approved new product program goes to standardize vehicle timing plan incorporating Global Best practice, lessons learned, warranty and quality issues.
- P lan and Execute Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
- Release Documentation Engineering Change Work Order
- Material selections, parts, vehicle options for the year model & tooling feasibility design and modification.
- Thorough understanding of technical specification requirements for vehicle interior components; design requirements, attributes and functional targets.
- Support Pre-Production Material Procurement
- Support Production Part Approval Process
- Present Engineering Work Order to Change Approval Board
- Implement Problem Resolution
- Create, Approve, Release and Revise Master Process Plans (MPP) and Product Assembly Documents (PAD)
- Support Pre-Production Launch Process
- Execute Virtual Vehicle Development
- Populate the Vehicle Assembly Structure (VAS) using Catia V5 ( Computer aided three dimensional interface application)
- Perform Math Verification at Vis-mockup
- Investigate Warranty claims and provide sufficiency plan through production quality or design quality.
Confidential, Warren, MI
- Directed and managed project development from beginning to end.
- Defined project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Developed full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaised with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimated the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegated tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identified and resolved issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identified and managed project dependencies and critical path.
- Planned and scheduled project timelines and milestones using MS-project
- Tracked project milestones and deliverables.
- Developed and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentationand presentations.
- Determined the frequency and content of status reports from the project teamanalyzed results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively managed changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devised contingency plans.
- Defined project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coached, mentored, motivated and supervised project team members and contractorsand influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
Pre-production Operations Supervisor
Confidential, Confidential, MI
- Supervised metal mold makers that build pre production engine and transmission components/part
- Reviewed Engineering design and decided if the work will be completed in-house or outsourced
- Conducted quality control on outgoing parts.
- Assisted with sourcing new suppliers
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and work order sequences to meet department goals.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Collaborate with Product engineers in the development of engine/transmission component design or modification.
Confidential, Confidential, MI
Central Energy Plant Manager
- Managed Stationary Engineers, Operation Engineers, Energy Engineers, Third Party Service providers.
- Conferred with other department management, production, to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Coordinated and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Analyzed technology, resource needs, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Planned and directed the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Direct, review, and approve engineering design and changes.
- Recruit employees; assign, direct, and evaluate their work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Prepared budgets, bids, and contracts, and direct the negotiation of contracts.
- Developed and implemented policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department
- Performed administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- Reviewed and recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates.
- Managed $10 million dollars site utility budget for distribution of natural gas, water, compressed air, electricity and steam.
- Responsible for new construction and commissioning of Boiler Plant.
- R esponsible for commissioning and operation of New chiller plant with (2) 200 ton -55 degree chilled water and (6) degree chilled water