To leverage my 20+ years of banking experience, excellent communication and leadership skills, and expertise with government and regulatory agencies into a leadership role within your organization.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A career bank executive and financial regulator who has led several banks, regulatory organization and a national nonprofit board. I have successfully resolved complex banking, financial and consumer protection public policy challenges. Throughout my career, I have developed a number of key skills:
- Leadership and strategic thinking - I can motivate, mobilize, and coach employees and others to define and achieve goals.
- Analysis and problem solving - I analyze problems by seeking multiple perspectives, identifying key issues, and then applying my knowledge and experience to develop creative solutions.
- Interpersonal effectiveness - I am an exceptional listener who can bring together disparate views and interests to both resolve conflicts and find consensus outcomes.
- Communications - I can write clearly and concisely to convey complex data and information.
State Banking Regulator
- I led the Financial Institution team responsible for state regulatory oversight of state-chartered financial institutions and non-depository entities doing business in Minnesota, including state-chartered banks, thrift companies, credit unions, trust companies, finance companies, mortgage-related and other licensees.
- Oversaw a staff of 53 located throughout the state.
- Created and expanded relationships with other state and federal regulatory executives.
- Responsible for 250 state chartered banks, 80 state chartered credit unions and approximately 6,000 licensees, both individual and corporate.
- Reviewed and approved all requests for bank and credit union charters.
- Made decisions on all regulatory changes and amendments, Authored and worked with state elected officials on policy and budgets requests.
Community Bank President
- I was responsible for developing and expanding the community bank’s asset base through the profitable growth market share of retail, agricultural and commercial lines of business. Responsible for providing supervision and direction for all community bank personnel.
- Provided supervision and direction for the community bank employees including Loan Officers, Loan Assistants, CSRs, and tellers.
- Has direct supervision of all aspects of the banking services provided by their designated community bank.
- Monitored and approved all activities of the community bank including new loan requests, past dues, classified loans, non-accruals, overdrafts, exceptions, financial statements and market position.
- Served as the bank representative in professional, business, and community organizations and events to promote bank services.
- Represented the community bank on all internal executive boards and committees, including ALM, credit committee, marketing, etc.
Community BAnk President
- Proven leader and manager with a background of training, monitoring, motivation and guidance to the Bank's entire branch and support staff to assure that the Bank's goals were achieved. Oversaw all aspects of the daily operations of the branch. Provided active lending management of the existing and new retail, agricultural and commercial portfolio - which included all portfolio management responsibilities (deposits, loans, services, risk management, etc.)
- Developed new business by working with staff to contact prospects and existing customers for banking and other financial services - including insurance referrals. Developed, lead and managed the branch's sales and service program.
- Developed, communicated, and monitored performance plans for direct reports on a regular basis including, but not limited to formal quarterly and annual reviews.
- Responsible for the primary branch budget preparation and implementation and compliance with the overall corporate budget.
- Responsible for tenant management including negotiating leases, potential expansions, quality service issues, etc. The building had several tenants with various backgrounds, including financial and retail services.
- Identified staff training and development needs and ensured that these needs were met timely and efficiently.
Regional bank president
- Provided leadership in all five banks that were located in my market area.
- Managed the activities, provided leadership and direction for the entire lending team, consisting of retail, commercial and agricultural lenders.
- Established departmental production and servicing goals; measured and reviewed performance; and allocated resources efficiently to ensure optimal results.
- Managed the underwriting, delinquencies and progress of the overall loan portfolio within the assigned markets.
- Participated in the executive management team, including additional leadership tasks as assigned.
- As part of the team, identified external factors that may affect the Bank's lending policies, such as new or revised legislation and regulations.
- Monitored the existing loan portfolio in order to ensure complete conformity with terms of loan, lease and cognizance of developing trends.