Networking Tool: Confidential, Wireshark, Ping, Traceroute, Mininet, Cisco Packet Tracer
Networking Protocols: IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, DNS, ARP, DHCP, ICMP, TCP/IP, UDP, OSI Model, SDN, Firewall, OpenFlow
Communication Protocols: M - PSK, OFDM, DSSS, FHSS, CDMA
Computer Language: Python, C, Unix, SQL, MATLAB
ETL Tool: Teradata, Ab-Initio
Graduate Research Assistant
- Designed a simulation model on Confidential incorporating multiple users streaming video while travelling in an airplane with a satellite backend to measure various QoS parameters (throughput, delay, jitter) of clients to analyze and further improvise the network and user experience.
- Performed several simulation tests to understand the effect of various hardware (WAP, user device) and network (transport protocol) parameters on the maximum achievable QoS values for the clients and for the entire network.
- Worked closely to estimate the best fit of the WAP buffer size to achieve maximum fairness of throughput amongst the clients considering the trade-off between throughput and delay with the increasing size of WAP buffer.
- Did a thorough literature survey to understand the difference between the terms QoS and QoE and further surveyed various models that can be used to map the easily measurable QoS values to the more important QoE values, especially for the case of video streaming.
- Implemented an exponential relationship between QoS and QoE using regression techniques to generate a generic mathematical equation that maps one or more QoS factors (Freq. of stalls and length of stalls) to the QoE mean opinion score.
- Designed and implemented a novel algorithm in Python to estimate the frequency and length of stalls experienced by a user while streaming on Amazon videos using only its throughput values considering adaptive bitrate streaming.
Data Analyst & Developer
- Analyzed, Designed and Implemented Various Ab-initio graphs to load data from multiple sources into the EDW.
- Lead offshore developer with a team of 3 members, responsible for designing and maintaining various Ab-Initio graphs and database tables.
- Responsible for developing various database objects which include tables, volatile tables, views etc. using SQL in Teradata.
- Prepared documents for the project design, functional requirements, and test cases to address business and technical demands.
- Participated in resolving multiple applications QA issues with different development and environment teams.
- Configured switches, routers, and servers to allow communication in a network
- Implemented routing protocols: RIP2, EIGRP
- Troubleshooting of the wired and wireless network
- Developed an SDN application on top of a Python POX controller to implement and test a programmable OpenFlow switch to function as: Hub, l2 learning switch, l2 firewall, l3 learning switch and IP load balancer.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS): Hands-on Cloud Networking Environment
- Understood the concepts and performed hands-on following topics:
- Simple Storage Service (S3) Bucket -Cloud front Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) Instances -Elastic Load Balancer
- Distributed Processing System using Socket Programming
- Implemented Linear Regression in Python
- Implemented modulator and demodulator of BPSK, QPSK, ASK, and OFDM on MATLAB