An accomplished Environmental, Health & Safety ( Confidential ) and Security professional with Master’ Confidential Degree and over 20 years of progressive management experience. Proven record in achieving results to include injury reduction, risk control, program development, regulatory compliance, claim management, team building, continuous improvement, and establishing sustainable safety cultures.
Confidential, East Norriton, PA
Sr. Safety & Health Consultant
- Provide safety & health services to customers in order to assist them in identifying employee hazards and implement controls to prevent employee injuries.
- Suggest best practices to reduce workers’ compensation costs.
- Services include safety & health presentations, hazard assessments, program and policy development, ergonomic studies, industrial hygiene monitoring, best practice implementation, etc.
Confidential, King Of Prussia, PA
- Achieved an average Recordable Incident Rate (RIR) of 1.17 over tenure; 57% better than industry average. Year % better than industry.
- Averaged 1.4 Lost Time Incidents (LTI) per year. Zero LTIs in 2016 and zero through July 2018.
- Achieved 2 million hours without a lost time injury in 2014 (first time in plant history) and again on 6/30/17.
- Received Travelers “Outstanding ” in 2012 and 2014. Changed providers in 2015
- 2009 (year one) achieved a 58% reduction in recordable injuries (19 to 8) as well as an 88% reduction in lost time injuries (8 to 1). Results due in part to my selection of new medical services provider and ensuing relationship.
- Drafted injury management protocols and trained internal partners. Revised all job descriptions to include physical demands associated with each function. Obtained approval for 10 panel drug screening.
- On average achieved 20% reduction in workers compensation costs year - over-year. Partnered with insurer and legal counsel to effectively manage claims and negotiate claim settlements.
- Highest scoring facility in network on first annual Safety Risk Assessment as determined by third party insurer.
- Zero OSHA complaints or citations over tenure. Zero Confidential -related findings on 2018 Responsible Sourcing Audit.
- Implemented SAFE START (behavior-based safety program) with behavioral safety observation component. Responsible for partnering and driving SAFE START implementation at other First Quality businesses.
- Achieved full compliance with the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) - meeting all OSHA imposed deadlines. Established respirator protection program. Conducted hearing attenuation studies in order to provide guidance for the proper selection of hearing protection, which significantly reduced the # of standard threshold shifts (STS). Instituted formal bump cap and cut-resistant clove policies. Hand lacerations declined 83% over the succeeding 12 month period. 2017 initiative aimed at preventing slips/trips/falls had been successfully in eliminating all such incidents as of July 2018.
- Lead successful air permit application renewal. Drafted site’ Confidential first SPCC Plan and simplified Tier II reporting.
- Initiated major capital projects for material handling improvements through automation.
- Lead team that achieved highest score possible on FM Global’ Confidential annual risk assessment audit.
- Lead company-wide strategic vision objective on Confidential roles and responsibilities throughout the organization.
- Mentored and developed four junior Confidential professionals.
Confidential, Millville, NJ
- Achieved second highest internal investment audit score in all of Alcan Pharmaceutical North America. Capital funding had been suspended for entire business unit prior to my arrival due to its poor safety record.
- Alcan Pharmaceutical Confidential Received:
- Alcan Bonsai for Safety & Health Excellence (1 of 4 ed world-wide). ed for my Early Reporting program designed to proactively identify and conservatively treat musculoskeletal injuries.
- Most Improved Business Unit and Most Improved Site for Year 2006.
- No examples of non-compliance identified over tenure on ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 audits - 6 total.
- Average Recordable Incident Rate (RIR) through tenure was 68% below industry average.
- Average Lost Time Incident Rate (LTIR) was 88% below industry average.
- Reduced man/machine interface incidents by 80%, reduced sprain/strain injuries by 60%.
- 5% workers compensation loss ratio in 2007. Performance resulted in 19% premium reduction for following policy year. Confidential program and its ensuing culture widely praised by multiple bidding carriers.
- Drafted several Alcan Pharmaceutical programs deemed as “best practices” to include: Change Management, Chemical Purchase Review, Contractor Confidential Management, and Behavioral-Safety: Recognizing Safety Behaviors
- Managed third-party remediation projects involving soil contamination and asbestos removal.
- Sponsored successful Continuous Improvement project in reducing powered industrial truck incidents.
- Obtained approval for and managed several successful facilities-related capital projects.
- Achieved highest annual personal performance review rating in business unit 2 of 4 years.
Confidential, New Castle, DE
Safety and Security Manager
- Reduced LTIR by 83% and RIR by 62% from .
- Achieved 1 million hours worked without a lost time injury - first time in site history.
- Reduced workers compensation costs by 257k from . Reduced total # of claims by 46% and average claim value by 33%.
- Contracted new occupational health provider and won approval for on-site medical services.
- Achieved score of 92% on internal security audit and lowest shrink % in network.
- Drafted and implemented successful Loss Prevention and Awareness program.
Confidential, Swedesboro, NJ
Safety and Security Manager
- First individual to be hired into position of Safety and Security Manager.
- Achieved highest score (88%) on internal Confidential & Confidential audit within division as determined by third-party auditing firm - audit team consisted of 3 former OSHA field inspectors.
- Developed division’ Confidential Emergency Management, Contractor Safety, Hearing Conservation, Working at Heights and Physical Security Audit programs - all deemed best practices.
- Submitted successful proposals to upgrade facility’ Confidential physical security, CCTV, and burglar & fire systems.
- Exposed internal theft ring with ties to organized crime aimed at defrauding company of hundreds of thousand dollars in sellable inventory. Provided valuable information to FBI resulting in a successful prosecution.
- Successfully partnered with law enforcement agencies and freight carriers to uncover theft and recover goods.
- Negotiated new security services vendor contract at an annual saving of 37k without a reduction in service hours or a sacrifice in the quality of services provided.
Confidential, Swedesboro, NJ
Loss Prevention Auditor
- Coordinated the security and loss prevention programs at 3 computer distribution centers accounting for over 175m in sellable inventory.
- Audits of internal processes, Internal investigations (in partnership with HR), Coordinating the direction and implementation of contract security services vendor consisting of 25 security officers,
- Managing all physical security and alarm systems, Recovery of stolen / missing goods in transit, etc.