- Focused, high - achieving professional with leadership success across diverse aspects of technology and business operations; Developed and executed strategies that increased revenue, generated operational efficiencies, and created cost-effective solutions.
- Highly successful in managing and delivering complex programs across multiple functions, teams, and countries.
- Transformation catalyst, able to drive technology innovation and advancement to enhance business value. Results-proven ability to transform underperforming organizations and teams to peak levels of and employee morale. Driver of strategic mergers & acquisitions, and integrations.
- Visionary strategist with extensive experience in developing and maintaining, high-performing, customer centric organizations.
- Global program leadership & delivery
- PMO setup & management
- Software Development & Implementation
- Procurement & vendor management
- Change management
- Process analysis & improvement
- Audit, compliance, and risk management
- Strategic planning & transformation
- Budget management, P&L control
- Staff hiring, development & retention
- Function as a key stakeholder for large corporate initiatives including enterprise ITSM rollout, health exchange rollouts/updates, ICD-10 implementation, enterprise document generation and management etc.
- Manage the operations of 1400+ onshore and offshore IT resources.
- Responsible for $110M+ IT budget with strategic partners; Manage financial reporting, budgeting, accounting, invoicing, risk management, internal controls, and procurement.
- Lead program review sessions with delivery teams, to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance on various large programs/projects.
- Collaborate with external auditors, internal controls, and corporate compliance on various compliance issues.
- Continuously advise executive stakeholders on ROI and on Total cost of ownership (TCO), for various initiatives.
- Advise and support executive management in IT strategic planning.
- Manage the IT services management based on ITIL best practices, focusing on policies, processes, resources, strategies, and services.
- Designed and Rolled out Managed Services Program for 130+ core systems. Currently heading the multi-year program.
- Led the program, transitioned in multiple phases, with 250+ resources, well within the budgets.
- Implemented new strategies, guidelines, processes, scorecards, executive reports, and service levels for the entire program.
- Responsible for vendor governance and performance of the whole program.
- Managed the enterprise transformation framework program which assessed the IT organization, provided engagement frameworks, and rolled out processes/tools for vendor performance management.
- Managed the development, negotiation, and rollout of $140M+ IT labor contracts.
- Implemented various change management processes in the IT organization.
- Inspire and lead multi-year technology and strategy roadmap, to transform information technology support to a customer value driver.
- Established enterprise-wide, executive-level governance processes for strategic technology direction and operational technology investments.
CTO & Co-Founder
- Propelled the company from startup, through high-growth, to eventual acquisition in 2012.
- Oversaw the complete product development & rollout lifecycle. Fully utilized DevOps model, Agile/Scrum methodologies, as and when possible.
- Instituted strong project management and systems support practices.
- Program managed an entire product in personal health management, using Agile and Scrum.
- Recruited and guided a team of professionals with expertise in product development, infrastructure, and support.
- Led the development of program-level governance and process documentation to ensure consistent, quality execution.
- Responsible for proactive management in areas such as; risks, budget, forecast, and dependencies.
- Provided leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that the organization had the necessary controls and procedures to effectively grow it, while maintaining financial strength and operating efficiency.
- Developed, established, and directed execution of operating policies to support overall company policies and objectives.
- Managed the creation and production of financial & operational reporting, and forecasting to support decision-making.
- Drove the development, optimization and management of internal and external processes to improve overall operating effectiveness.
- Supervised large implementations in various customer locations, in multiple countries and multiple languages.
- Provided direction and expertise to practice directors and implementation teams, as and when needed.
- Established the governance structure, quality & performance targets, and closely monitored the progress using effective project management tools and control techniques.
- Provided guidance and fostered continuous improvement in systems, methods, and processes.
Senior Manager of Business Systems
- Directed development of new systems, integration of new technologies, and optimized business processes.
- Implemented an online business portal providing 200K+ employees and 50K+ customers with access to web time capture, payroll, HR,, and job opportunity details.
- Managed the development and implementation of a homegrown CRM application to 7K+ users across North America.
- Managed development of ECM system to manage 8.5 M/year corporate and field documents in single location; project eliminated existing paper-based systems; system produced savings of $12.1M in 3 years.
- Ushered company into the next generation of information technology for employees and customers in a rapidly changing technology world.
- Managed production support teams for large global business systems.
- Provided systems support for large PeopleSoft HCM and FMS systems, running global payroll daily, generating 120K pay checks and 80K invoices, weekly.
- Implemented internal controls, process efficiencies, business continuity, and Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Regularly created & managed operating and capital budgets to balance strategic plans, risk mitigation, and operational support requirements.
- Partnered with ‘C’ level executives, guided functional middle management to implement technology & process solutions, mentored staff, and managed various vendors.
- Delivered 25+% cost savings through strategic negotiation of contracts, implementation of targeted cost controls, cost variance reporting, and new contract accounting procedures, as well as critical analysis and resolution of key financial and procedural inefficiencies.
- Created joint accountability for project execution between business and IT, providing full transparency into projects.
Manger of Technology Strategy & Program Management
- Highly successful in exploiting leading edge technologies to transform and advance organization, achieve operational excellence, and accomplish growth objectives.
- Revitalized major accounts division ($310M+) by providing strategic planning & automation, roadmap of business systems & processes, and by implementing the necessary systems, to help the division increase revenue by 40% and save $17.2M in operating costs, in the first 2 years.
- Executed ShoreTel VOIP system for 460 North American offices and integrated with existing CRM system.
- Supervised development of an enterprise-wide business intelligence and data warehouse system.
- Continuously identified and evaluated emerging technologies to meet demands of a changing marketplace.
- Successfully driven convergence between business partners and IT by leveraging skills in strategic management, negotiations, and governance.
- Managed integration of Arthur Andersen’s risk consulting division’s internal systems and processes, following acquisition. Completed entire project in 5 months, which facilitated smooth & successful transition.
- Designed & implemented IT project/portfolio management framework for global business and technology communities.
- Created and drove adoption of common practices across IT shared service organizations and global offices
- Directed operations for Project Management Office (PMO) staffed by 80+ program managers, project managers, and analysts.
- Restructured program management office to provide project management services in the areas of planning, project portfolio management, project execution, resource planning, governance & oversight, risk management, change management, and project control.
- Dramatically improved project delivery timeline and cost estimates to 92% of delivery targets (industry average of 56%) and 96% fulfillment of budget targets (industry average of 74%).
- Established a portfolio governance process for an annual IT development budget of $175M+ ensuring a consistent focus on corporate level objectives throughout the planning process and resulting in an agreed, prioritized body of work across all the business divisions.
- Applied Earned Value Management (EVM) techniques to support proactive decision making and to provide insight into program cost, schedule and performance to forecast future program success and expenditure projections.
Corporate Systems Lead Manager
- Supported North American ERP systems, including: upgrades, enhancements, maintenance, interfaces, reports, and operational management.
- Oversaw operations teams responsible for production systems, applications, databases, storage, telecommunications (IVR), and networks (LAN/WAN).
- Led strategic evaluation to determine business impact and feasibility of, outsourcing application development and support, offshore to Asia.
- Served as Program Manager for 2 major ERP implementations in Europe:
- Allied Health Care PeopleSoft implementation, delivered 12% under budget
- TeleDanmark ERP Implementation that produced 32% reduction in TeleDanmark HRIS support issues.
- Served as Project/Team Manager for Confidential group ERP implementations, which involved PeopleSoft implementation and development of interfaces between PeopleSoft and SAP Payroll system, for all divisions of the Confidential group.