Respected IT leader blending management experience, and hands - on technical expertise to drive business and organizational success. Develop impactful strategies, lead daily operations, and facilitate continuous improvements and cost savings. Oversee system, hardware, and network design, administration, maintenance, upgrades, and delivery. An agent of change with proven success in leading major conversions, migrations, transitions, and improvements while ensuring business and operational continuity. Inspiring leader, cultivating teams ready to tackle challenges, deliver solutions, and achieve goals. Communicate with professionals at all levels to resolve issues and maintain a culture dedicated to quality and innovation.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Information Technology Projects
- Healthcare Systems/HIPAA Compliance
- IT Strategy and Implementation
- Complex Integration Projects
- Staff Management/People Leadership
- Active Directory Proficient (OU, GOP, DHCP)
- Computer in various environments and all staff levels
- Materials and Supply Management
- Migrations/Change Management
- Network Design/Network Security
- Process Redesign/Process Improvements
- Risk Assessment/Mitigation
- Staff & Development
- CISSP, ITIL, Scrum coursework completed ( pending exam)
- Website and Registration Online Systems
- Policies, SOP, and User Manuals
O/S: Windows 7-10 Professional, Server 2012/2008/2003 , MAC OS X, VMS, UNIX
Languages: HTML, SQL, PL/SQL, SQR, COBOL, FORTRAN, C, C++, Java, INFO, SmartStar
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, Access, Informix, DB2, File Maker Pro, Geneva, Progress, 1022/1032 DBMS
Software: PeopleSoft, ADP, Kronos, RFMS, PathLinks, UnicornHRO, iCON, MS Exchange 2010/2003, Microsoft - Office 2013/2016, Office 365, MS Project Management, Visio, Symantec Backup Exec, Macromedia, RDP, VPN, American Data EMR/ECS, Matrix Clinical and Financials; Network Detective, Bomgar, WINASAP, BST Financials, Global Shop, AutoTask
Hardware: Dell PowerEdge/PowerVault, HP ProLiant, Confidential 3750 Controller, Confidential 2975 Confidential, SonicWALL Firewall, iMac, IBM compatible PC, VAX, Mainframe (Legacy), Audio/Visual, Virtual Machines (VMWare, Hyper-V), Thin Clients (Dell/Wyse Platform)
LAN/WAN: DC Net, Verizon, Comcast, Confidential AirNet 3600s, Meraki, SonicWALL
Mobile Devices: iPhone, iPad, Surface, Windows Phone (Nokia), Android
Antiviruses: AVG, Avast, Norton, McAfee, Bit Defender, Windows Essentials
Confidential, Upper Marlboro, MD
Board Member, Assistant Dean, and Faculty
- Improved online presence with recommendation of Website direction and acquiring vendor services.
- Assumed sole responsibility of Website content manager.
- Created online registration module to include selection and ordering of courses and payment of tuition and fees.
- Provided venue and hosted satellite courses which increased overall student enrollment.
- Recommend Information Technology strategies and provide support at the direction of President and board members.
Confidential, Falls Church, VA
Director of Information Technology
- Improved coverage on nursing units by adding cordless telephones and coordinating reprogramming of ringing sequence.
- Increased compliance with regulations by creating assessment reports to identify non-compliant areas.
- Proposed transition from traditional management service provider (MSP) model to cloud technology, leading to both company and customer moving to a hybrid-host platform.
- Triggered improvements to nursing units at two facilities by replacing desktops and intermediate switches.
- Spearheaded modernization of MDF and IDF closets and administrative offices to include individual network drops, organized wiring, and backbone switch upgrades.
- Boosted performance of HR department including HR director by authoring a badge user manual and provided .
- Initiated and supervised all telephone service repairs and installations, including Cat5e network drops
- Oversaw all Confidential telephone communication services digital and analog
- Ensured operability of 120+ Confidential 2420 and 9608 handsets
- Assessed telephone lines, rj11 jacks and demarcation to determine responsibility of customer or local telephone company (DC Net)
- Ensure availability of facsimile communications (sending and receiving) of critical health information
- Ensured operability of intercom systems throughout facility and nursing units
- Monitored fire alarm telephone and communication to local fire department and alarm company
- Instructed DC Net to change programming sequence between nursing unit telephones, cordless telephones, and security desk
- Managed implementation of Wi-Fi at Confidential utilizing Confidential switches and controller and oversaw project by aiding DC Net walkthroughs to telephone closets and strategically determining where access points were placed
- Authored Health Insurance Portability and Accountability (HIPPA) IT specific policy and general security and safety standards
- Provided setup and operations, procedures, and participated in drills annually for DC emergency preparedness, response, and safety evacuation
- Assisted and participated in all in-services conducted by Occupational Health and Safety Administration ( Confidential )
- Assisted and participated on all Staff Development departmental in-services
- Developed all IT standard operating procedure (SOP) documents with respect to network and Wi-Fi utilization, printing and copying, badge identification (ID) generation, telephone utilization, and help desk tickets; additionally, I in-serviced all new employees at orientation in IT utilization and policy
- Presented an Action Life Project (ALP) to Leading Age at annual session entitled “Information Technology: From Isolation to Integration”
- Presented overview and outlook plan to MSP and customer and helped steer both organizations from traditional methodologies to Cloud technology service models (IaaS, SaaS, etc.)
Confidential, Washington, DC
Director of Information Technology
- Generated over $300K in cost savings by consolidating printing services to one vendor and scaling down the number of printers from .
- Showcased strong understanding of organizational needs to procure a Management Service Provider (MSP) for two healthcare facilities, leading to significantly reduced viruses and cost savings related to less labor hours and efficiency of automated system backups.
- Boosted clinical staff work production by 50% through implementation of Wi-Fi network using Confidential access points, Confidential switches, and controllers; enabled nurses to use EMR throughout the facility instead of only at nursing units and use laptops at the bedside.
- Enhanced the knowledge and skills of executive board by delivering and coaching of iPad use.
Manager of Information Technology
- Received Administrator’s and Human Resources All Star .
- Spearheaded organizational transition from previous administration and created a project management plan using MS Project to implement and migrate new MSP; managed over $11M in revenue to assist in the merging of Vital Management Team (VMT) Long Term Care and Stoddard Baptist Global Care.
- Oversaw telephone system replacement that eliminated 100% of relative trouble tickets and reduced overall trouble tickets by 30%.