To obtain a dynamic and challenging position using my wide array of IT experience as well as my ability to train myself quickly on new solutions.
Confidential, King of Prussia, PA
- Plan and execute IT projects of any size from start to finish for several SMBs and enterprises, often several projects at once, while simultaneously providing day to day support.
- VMWare VI3, vSphere 4, vSphere 5, and VSphere 6+ - deployment, administration, and migrations.
- VSphere 4, VSphere 5, and VSphere 6.5.
- Project lead on projects ranging from tight budgets single or multiple host using local storage with Veeam Replication, and large clusters with shared storage.
- Project lead on many P2V migrations and VSphere upgrades/migrations.
- Implemented storage solutions, large and small, from all major vendors such as HP, EMC, IBM, Dell, NetApp and Netgear for many purposes (dedicated file storage, backup storage, virtualization, databases, etc).
- Amazon EC2, managed our own internal VMWare backed cloud for multiple clients, Google Apps, and Office 365.
- Project lead on centralized backup solutions for a large enterprise (400 sites across the United States) using CommVault Simpana and Symantec NetBackup.
- Experience with other data protection products such as: Symantec Backup Exec (many versions) and BESR, Veeam, App-Assure and EMC Avamar.
- Implemented with a wide variety of configurations including disk (Deduplication or VTLs), disk then to tape, and VMWare vStorage APIs.
- Planned, tested, and executed disaster recovery plans in simulated and real disasters.
- Experience with all major vendors’ server hardware (IBM, Cisco, HP, and Dell) from standalone servers to blade centers (HP c7000).
- Very comfortable in a large datacenter environment
- High standards for neat and orderly cabling, racking, and documentation.
- Use group policy and scripting (Batch files, VBS, Powershell, etc.) to simplify and automate tasks where possible. Some experience with VBA in Microsoft Office.
- Support the traditional desktop\server model as well as hosted VDI desktops and terminal services\RDS using Citrix running on Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012.
- RDS\Citrix environments running highly graphical, demanding, and challenging applications (ESRI ArcGIS, Adobe Photoshop, etc) with servers in a remote colocation and onsite.
- Some of the applications required customizations in order to work - I have never had an application I could not get running in Terminal Services\RDS.
- Project lead on cross platform OS migrations (32 bit to 64 bit) from Windows Server (versions 2000-2016). Application\database migrations (examples: SQL/IIS applications, AS400 data warehouses, etc)
- Deployed and supported centralized antivirus solutions such as Symantec Endpoint Protection and Trend Micro.
- Using the tools these solutions provide I have quickly stopped several WORMS replicating throughout a network.
- LAMP servers and applications such as OTRS HelpDesk, Zabbix using MySQL, PostgresSQL, etc.
Confidential, Fort Washington, PA
Technical Support Specialist
- Assembled, troubleshot, and configured workstations and servers that were sold to businesses and home users.
- Researched computer products before the business purchased them.
- Windows 95, 98, NT and 2000, Office, and LANtastic (using Token Ring via coax).
Confidential, Chalfont, PA
- Assembled servers and workstations, and implemented Windows NT based networks in house that were then delivered and installed to the customer.