- Previous experience in management roles has provided me an opportunity to learn from past leaders and develop my unique leadership style.
- My ability to mentor and develop team members to want to achieve and accomplish tasks derives from my sharing success and praise with the team members, giving them ownership.
- As a Safety Specialist I have learned to listen and observe individuals and groups to gain a better understanding of perceptions.
- Acting on complaints and issues demonstrates buy - in to the workforce and establishes bonds that are based on respect and admiration.
- I am a firm believer that the role of safety personnel is to compliment operations in their obligations, and that means we assist them to help and achieve tasks.
- My experience in Safety Management, Project Management, Team Building, Continuous Improvement, Process Analysis, and accident prevention provide me with a wide variety of experience and knowledge to add value to the workplace.
- Presented me with the opportunity to learn and employ valuable skills to become an effective leader through personnel and asset management with strong leadership and technical skills and abilities.
- Team Building:
- Working with developing teams through the stages of Forming, Storming, Norming and finally Performing
- Progressing teams to High Performance and becoming Self-Directing. S.M.A.R.T
- Project Management/ Inspection:
- Blueprint, P&ID and schematic drawing reading, Project budget management
- Creating Bills of Materials, Bid Letting, Job Walk-downs
- Developing Scopes of Work, pre-job conferences, Contractor oversite
- Maintenance Operations/ Process Analysis / Improvement:
- Boiler and Steam tracing Operations.
- Aviation Mechanic for Rotary Wing Aircraft.
- Maintenance Operations, LOTO, Energy Isolation and Preventative Maintenance.
- Review of Tear-down Analysis of failed materials to determine cause and identify material changes.
- Review of Technical, Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSA) to perform required maintenance requirements.
- Develop procedures based on application and design in addition to OEM guidance’s.
- Safety and Emergency Management:
- Response and Emergency Response Planning and records management.
- Best Practices/ Accident Prevention to reduce worker injuries and equipment damage in the workplace.
- In corporate Plan, Do, Check, Act and using leading and lagging indicators to improve injury and loss rate.
- Certified Safety management Specialist and Safety Trained Supervisor + 10 Hour OSHA Construction
- Logistics and Inventory Management: / replenishment
- Maintaining track of Bench Stock (Expendables and Consumable items).
- Tracking and investigating inventory gains and losses.
- Coordinating with vendors and supplies for delivery of routine supplies.
- Scheduling Inventory replenishment based on product demands.
- Budget Management: Expense reporting/ payable/ deficits/ spreadsheet/ balance sheet
- Conducting Annual Budget Forecasting. Manage, Supervise, meetings/ drills and exercises/ SWOT/ Counsel/ Council
- Performing routine Budget reconciliation and reviews.
- Identifying alternatives and potential cost savings opportunities.
- Performance Management: Leader/ Coach/ Mentor/Goals/ Standards/Expectations/increased output
- Review of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) as a tool to improving performance.
- Creation of Goals that are expectation based versus Broad Scope to assign responsibility and accountability,
- Customer Service:
- Interaction with internal and external customers to solicit feedback for improvements
Confidential, Montvale, VA
- Managed multiple projects to include design, scope of work, bidding, award and inspection.
- Performed D.O.T. Operator Qualification (OQ) Training as a certified Train the Trainer.
- Worked to reduced losses by investigating gains and Losses to reduce company expenditure
- Reduced Operational Incidents using the continuous improvement model using Leading/ Lagging indicators
- Contributed to the integration into the Lean Operations model using the guidelines of Sigma Six.
- Authored and published numerous Policies and Procedures.
- SME for Boiler Operations, Steam management and Heated Product handling/ Storage.
- Terminal Manager Position was redocumented as part of BP buyout by Buckeye Pipelines Company
- Manage a 24/7 Pipeline fed Bulk Fuel tank to Tank Truck loading operations.
- Direct and implement the terminal safety, environmental and security programs.
- Responsible for Quality Control / Quality Assurance of Pipeline receipt products.
- Time management and attendance, scheduling of work crews, and scheduling of maintenance
- Manage the budget responsibilities of the Terminal to ensure adequate funding reserves.
- Customer Service responsibility; managing the Customer and Terminal relationship.
- Managing and maintaining relationships with the Federal/ State and Local Regulatory Agencies.
- Achieved an accident free workplace with “zero Lost workdays”.
- Drafts and writes procedural documents.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Implemented a boiler secondary control system resulting in an annual fuel use savings of $28,000.
- Responsible for the elimination Demurrage fees, resulting in saving exceeding $18,000 annually.
- Successfully processed an average of 1,700 inbound rail cars annually and 3,500 outbound tanker trailers.
- Recognized by the Confidential ; OSHA for Accident Prevention by maintaining a zero-accident workplace. (7 years)
- Project Management for equipment upgrades and terminal modifications.
- Authored the Energy Isolation and Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) Programs and trained personnel on them.
- Authored Terminal Operating Procedures and Operator Development Programs.
- Authored Terminal Safety, Environmental and Security Compliance Programs
- Project Management; Planning, Budgeting and supervised facility maintenance activities by staff and contractors
Construction Manager / Terminal Manager
- Construction Project Manager promoted to Terminal Manager of a Confidential .
- Manage two shifts of DOT Regulated Hazardous Material Handlers and truck loading operations.
- Responsible for coordination between Federal, State and Local agencies regarding terminal operations.
- Draft, publish and Implement the local terminal Safety, Environmental and Security programs.
- Responsible conducting audit, surveys and serviceability inspections on assets.
- Conduct incident and accident investigations for root cause investigations.
- Conducting Risk assessments, hazard analysis, Project Management, safety audits
- Train and evaluate Haz-Mat employees.