Accounting and Finance background with wide range of working experience, currently seeking position to utilize my multi - level strong analytical and communication skills to the company’s growth.
Accounting Software: QuickBooks Pro, Peachtree, MAS 90/200, AX 2012
ERP: SAP - FICO - 4.7 & ECC 6.0, SAP Security
MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook
Payroll Roll: QuickBooks Pro-Intuit, ADP, Paychex, Ceredian - PowerPay
Others: Abilities to work with any kind of Business Software
Confidential, Somerset, NJ
Sr. Accountant / Bookkeeper
- Ensure books and financials are in accordance with the Accounting Principles (GAAP/IFRS) in maintaining a general accounting system
- Compiles, calculates, analyzes data and information from a variety of sources
- Develops, prepares and completes reports and statements
- As required, reviews, verifies and audits reports and supporting documentation
- Identifies discrepancies, resolves issues and/or notifies appropriate sources and ensures that issues are resolved
- Distributes reports to internal and external sources in a timely manner
- Support the Finance team with year-end audit requests
- Reviews, analyzes, balances and/or reconciles assigned general ledger accounts and other accounting transactions
- Performs other responsible accounting functions related to general ledger maintenance and month-end and year-end closing
- Maintains the integrity of General ledger and subsidiary ledgers through analytical review including account analyses, account reconciliation, review of data gathering process and internal controls governing the data gathering process prepares, performs and reviews a wide range of journal entries, including re-classes and correcting entries.
- Sets up new account and other codes in the system.
- Maintain fixed asset accounting records including acquisitions, retirements, depreciation expense & forecasting, and reconciliation to the general ledger
- Provides accurate and timely information and assistance to senior management, as well as to other customers
- Accurately and courteously researches and handles inquiries from senior management and customers (internal departments and, as applicable, external customers, vendors and other contacts) on a wide array of matters related to areas of responsibility;
- As appropriate, identifies weaknesses in processes and procedures and recommends course of action for improvements;
- Provides guidance to accounting support staff on complex or sensitive issues.
- Prepares and assists in the preparation of tax and information returns.
- Prepare, Assists, Review and analyze financial Reports: - P & L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow
Confidential, Iselin, NJ Controller
- Establish new accounts and credit terms with customer by running credit references
- Create, post and sync customer invoices for all accounts accurately and timely.
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, wire, EFT, lockbox and credit card transactions
- Verify customer accounts to ensure accurate billing.
- Assist with any updates/changes needed to customers’ invoices.
- Collections of overdue outstanding receivables on a daily basis through telephone and email communication.
- Monitor and maintain Customer accounts through collection call, Account Adjustment, Customer reconciliations and processing credit memos
- Support Sales staff with customer information and reporting
- Identify and execute the necessary Receivables process adjustment
- Escalate any overdue Accounts Receivables for additional collection efforts
- Coordinate with collection agency/attorney for delinquent accounts
- Maintain Professional and friendly relationship with customer while collecting full payments
- Processing and monitoring recurring payments.
- Ensure correct payments are applied to accounts
- Run accounts receivable aging and resolve past due issues
- Analysis and resolution of variances
- Monthly reconciliation of Bank accounts
- Reconcile assigned GL AR accounts
Confidential, Iselin, NJ
Manager - Accounting & HR
- Processing Vendor invoices individually and through batch processing
- Accurate and timely process of Merchandise vendor invoices complete payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices
- Review all invoices for appropriate documents and approval prior to payment.
- Prioritize invoices according to term and cash flow.
- Process check requests,
- Processing and monitoring recurring payments
- Respond to vendor inquires.
- Reconcile vendor statements and resolve discrepancies.
- Maintain AP files and documents in accordance to company policy.
- Responding to all queries regarding vendor issues and payment updates
- Making sure that the vendors receive payments within terms after completing any internal confirmations that may be required
- Potential to deal with payables in multiple currencies and working with conversion rates.
- Work with individuals at all levels of the organization to obtain approvals for invoices as needed
- Reconcile assigned GL AP accounts
- Administers, verifies, audits, edits and prepares Monthly , bi-weekly payroll and maintains payroll records
- Within Company policy and applicable legal parameters, reviews, verifies and revises employee timecards;
- As necessary, identifies and works with appropriate department/s and/or supervisor to resolve timecard discrepancies
- Enters payroll data in the payroll system;
- Generates, reviews and reconciles payroll reports to ensure accuracy and completeness of payroll and deductions
- Transmits direct deposit information
- Prints and distributes checks and direct deposit check stubs
- Updates employee information in payroll system as necessary
- Assists in completing, reviewing and reconciling quarterly and annual payroll tax reports for federal and state governmental agencies
- As assigned, generates, reviews and distributes W2’s and 1099’s;
- As directed, completes, reviews, reconciles and distributes corresponding reports within mandated timeframes