High performing, strategic thinking professional with experience in education and training with proven ability to design and deliver training to diverse populations on a variety of topics. Skilled at providing face - to-face or online trainings to individuals and groups. Skilled at relationship building with clients and across organizations and teams; exceptional presenting and interpersonal communication skills. Adept at need assessments, generating options, and implementing solutions in collaboration with clients and stakeholders. Well versed in defining roles and responsibilities, assessing needed skills and qualifications, and evaluating candidates. Experienced at training projects from rapid application development (RAD) and joint application development (JAD).
- Instructional methodologies
- Microsoft Office Professional 2013 and 365
- Windows Operating Systems 7 and 8
- Interpersonal skills working with youth and adults
- Proficient in creating and maintaining schedules
- Created navigation instructions and test scripts
- Creative instruction styles and techniques
- Scheduled and tracked test scripts
- Program management and development
- Assessments and project management
- Developed and enhanced training materials
- Troubleshooting user-defined problems
Confidential, Annapolis, MD
Training Specialist Instructor
- Develop and prepare training curricula to users and judges for new voting machines for the Confidential .
- Coordinate with SBE and local election boards to determine training needs and curricula, and deliver training across the state through formal classroom courses, workshops, and seminars.
- Develop new voting system and election procedures training curriculum for trainers and SBE and local board of elections stakeholders;
- Prepare all instructor and student materials (course outline, background material training aids, course manuals, workbooks, handouts, completion certificates, and course critique forms).
- Determine training needs for new and existing election stakeholders and contractors. Identify internal and external training programs to address competency gaps.
- Work with election subject matter experts concerning the instructional design of training material.
- Assist with the development of training aids such as manuals and handbooks.
- Establish training programs using recognized training techniques and tools.
- Facilitate learning through a variety of delivery methods including classroom instruction and virtual training.
- Design and apply assessment tools to measure training effectiveness, and report on outcome.
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
Training/Technical Assistance Manager
- Managed Technical Assistance Coordinators which assisted the state programs in planning, coordinating and managing the training and technical assistance process.
- Organized site visits, identification of expert consultants, and the development of expert consultant database.
- Planned and documented processes for implementing training and technical assistance using MS Office 2013 and 365.
- Coordinated daily tasks with other department managers and directors to ensure training and technical assistance work flow was efficient and operating under federal guidelines.
- Identified and collaborated with internal and external organizations to build partnerships.
- Provided continuous onsite and offsite coaching and feedback to staff and grantees to strengthen program knowledge and skills.
- Managed oversight of logistics for training and technical assistance.
- Provided management oversight on tasks spend plans.
- Provided needs assessments based on consultations and yearly data.
- Provided yearly budgets for training and technical assistance for 48 technical assistance site visits, 36 webinars and 12 face to face trainings per year.
- Provided 5 year budgets for training and technical assistance proposals.
- Used role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos and lectures to instruct participants in a variety of ways.
- Communicated to individuals or groups in a manner that engaged the audience and helped with understanding and retaining subject matter.
- Assessed training needs through surveys, interviews with grantees, focus groups and consultation with managers.
- Created training programs using MS Office Professional Suite 2013 to be used during video conferences.
- Collaborated with business partners to define delivery and implement training requirements to meet business needs of stakeholders.
- Developed customized curriculum for targeted programs to meet the needs for government organizations.
- Ensure timely development and implementation of standardized programs to fulfill a wide range of skills training and job skills development needs.
- Administered performance reviews to evaluate each participant’s progress.
- Implemented a variety of assessment tools and strategies to improve instruction methods.
- Coordinated training, education and program development.
- Trained an average of 30 participants per class.
- Provided support and coached grantees using Windows 7 and 8 while using MS Office Suite 2013.
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
MS Office Instructor
- Trained Pharmacy Technicians MS Office Professional 2004 and 2005.
- Created curriculum and lesson plans for classroom sessions.
- Collaborated with supervisor to ensure outcomes matched the overall objectives and goals.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Senior Training Specialist
- Designed and wrote training materials to meet federal requirements.
- Conducted classroom and telephone-based training sessions with technical and non-technical client personnel related to systems or single applications for National Institutes of Health.
- Developed and delivered training to assist in the development of new instructors.
Confidential, Lanham, MD
Senior Training Specialist
- Conducted research, developed and revised courses and prepared appropriate training materials.
- Prepared instructor materials, course outlines, manuals and job aids.
- Trained large groups of knowledgeable medical providers and their representatives on electronic medical bill payment system and processes, rules governing workers compensation and the pharmaceutical industry, policies, guidelines and procedures for adjudicating and managing claims.
- Presented concepts clearly that led to discussions suited to the audience’s needs through verbal and written communication.
- Developed Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Medical Benefits Identification Card.
- Wrote system requirements for the Department of Labor Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Medical Benefits Identification card tracking system.
Confidential, Largo, MD
Applications Trainer/Instructional Designer
- Designed and developed training for the newly developed automated Driver's Licensing System for the Motor Vehicle Administration of Maryland.
- Developed test guides, course outlines, training manuals and user documentation for the automated Driver's Licensing System.
- Trained and coached the Motor Vehicle Administration trainers on the automated Driver’s Licensing System.
Confidential, Vienna, VA
Telecommunications Trainer/Instructional Designer
- Trained sessions that were designed to teach job-related skills and provided real-world exercises to help clients more effectively utilize their equipment.
- Trained sessions that included formal, informal, and one-on-one training for end users and system administrators; "train the trainer"; and executive user training.
- Trained supplemental and refresher training courses.
- Knowledgeable and experienced on a variety of systems, hardware and software, including Voice Terminals and Features used with Avaya, Nortel, and Cisco; Voice Messaging Systems from Octel, Nortel and Active Voice; and Call Center Applications.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Lead Training Specialist
- Trained customer service representatives and telemarketers on company structure, benefits, policies, procedures and telecommunication software applications.
- Responsible for training the training staff on confidential products and services.
- Subject matter expert on confidential products and services.
- Designed and developed training material for a Medicare customer service representatives.