A well - rounded and enthusiastic GIS specialist with over 13 years of experience in working independently and analyzing data to solve geographic problems. Have developed map products, databases, and applications in various cross-cultural environments
GIS Software: ArcGIS Desktop, Server, Online, Portal
RDBMS: MS SQL Server, MySQL and ArcSDE
Image Editing: Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Fireworks, and Illustrator)
Content Management Systems and Web GIS
International Non: Governmental Organizations
Reserve Design (RD), Population Viability Analysis (PVA), and Habitat Association
Post: Conflict Reconstruction
IT: Networking, Database Management, and IT Trouble-Shooting
- Developed high quality dynamic GIS maps for the Confidential Live platform (a web-based information sharing system), to support environmental assessments.
- Managed databases: quality assurance, validation, and archiving of Geographic data. Retrieval and analysis of this data.
GIS and Settlement Planning Expert
- Developed GIS training manuals, and set up a GIS unit at Confidential.
- Produced Strategic Urban Development Plans, feeding into the preparation of the water supply masterplans.
- Surveyed and mapped various infrastructure projects.
- Managed household surveys in including survey design, sampling, data analysis, report writing and mapping.
- Provided extensive GIS capacity development to improve uptake of GIS technologies, visualization and processing of environmental data to Confidential member states, staff, and collaborating organizations in Africa.
- Maintained a terabyte-scale server and data storage, retrieval and portrayal mechanisms comprising the development, management, validation and archiving of Geographic Datasets in enterprise databases.
- Managed the geospatial analysis and mapping of the Confidential ecosystem processes, involving Reserve Design, Population Viability Analysis (PVA), and Habitat Association.
- Implemented of various consultancy projects.
- Conducted training of users in ArcGIS and other desktop GIS training courses, within Eastern Africa, as an authorized Esri instructor.
Team Leader, Data Processing Unit
- Created databases in MS Access and QPS market research software.
- Performed statistical analysis of market research data.