Possesses in - depth experience in all phases of the SDLC from both perspectives of applications user and technical consultant. Skills include software evaluation and selection, consulting, project management, system analysis and design, conversion, training and implementation.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE/CORE COMPETENCIES:
All Versions of RPG, SQL, DDS, CL, Triggers, Journaling, Partitions, Documentation, Visio, FTP, IFS, Change Management, Project Design, Estimating, Management, Full Cycle Testing, Implementation
Confidential, Johnston, IA
President / Owner
- I created this company because at National Car Wash the need for a full-time programmer was eliminated because of many of the enhancements that I implemented; so, I switched over to being a contract programmer. I finished all small projects that were still required during this time.
Senior Software Developer
- Designed, Programmed, Tested and Implemented enhancement for MRP system
- Created a complete environment for end-to-end testing with a 2 nd partition
- Implemented a new menu system
- Users only see the options they are authorized to use
- Each use of the menu items was logged with a timestamp and User Profile
- Setup Key Users in every department
- Key Users did the training on all options for their area.
- Key Users controlled menu authority for other users so IT was no longer involved.
- Setup Journaling on objects. This was used to identify users and programs that modified data.
- All new development and modifications were done .so that business rules were external to the programming. For many new requirements the users just had to change table values to implement the change.
- Methodology used included features for using to include documentation for logic changes and even down to a single table value.
- Work was done with the Accounting, Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing and IT Departments
- Setup a NEP to monitor QSYSOPR Message Queue and sent Alert Emails to IT Staff on selected error conditions
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
- Developed standards for design, coding, QA, and documentation
- Implemented MKS on iSeries for change management
- Implemented GoAnywhere from Linoma Software for automated FTP processes
- Work directly with First Data in Omaha and Credit Unions around the country on problem determination
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
President / Owner
- Majority of the time at client sites assisting with requirements definition, coding, testing, and implementation
- Collaborated with clientele in various types of industries including
- Developed system to rate telephone calls and client billing on an S400.
- Created process to retrieve records from various sources and load them on the AS400.
- Converted client to a software package
- Modified software package on the AS400 per client requirements
- Developed new applications on AS400 and wrote interface programs to package software and other PC and web applications.
- Payroll services
- Designed and wrote parts of AS400 application for a service bureau to process payrolls for various companies.
Confidential, Iowa City, IA
- Traveled to client sites doing product sales and negotiating contracts for specialized product modifications.
- Managed all conversions and implementations from various systems to AS400 using RPG for new clients.
- Managed team of programmers for custom programming contracted by clients.
Confidential, Iowa City, IA
- Managed 14 staff members including programmers, trainers, help desk support, and documentation staff.
- Developed AS400 software application to handle all aspects of fund raising, including prospect tracking, major gift process, Presidents Club, pledges, capital campaign processing, prospect rating, alumni memberships, and events. Development was done with the intent of marketing the application; thus, no hard coding existed and all business rules were setup in tables and could be changed by the users with no programming effort needed.
- Did analysis and wrote programs for 10 clients to convert from various platforms to the AS400 software package.
- Trained client staff.
- Implemented training program for new staff members.
- Partnered with IBM staff in Rochester MN on various AS400 projects.
- Confidential test site for the AS400
- Confidential test for all Software releases
- Participated in the “Hacker’s Invitational” during ALPHA testing of AS400 software
Confidential, Marion, IA
- Worked with clients through the full SDLC for new applications. Designed standards for all aspects of the projects including systems interfaces, usability, coding, QA, and implementation.
- Did contract programming (RPGIII) and systems development on S/38.
- Employed and managed subcontractors.
- Was the first S/38 Business Partner for IBM out of Cedar Rapids Iowa location
- Organized the first two state conferences while president of the State of Iowa Systems User Group (ISUG).
Confidential, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Worked with Department Heads and other staff to design new applications.
- Converted Laboratory Reporting system from IBM 1500 to IBM S/38.
- Developed the project plan for implementation and led a team of programmers through the process.
- Designed and wrote applications for the Medical Records Department.
- Designed and wrote Operating Room Scheduling System.