- Analytical and skilled Controller with solid and progressive experience in diverse areas of financial responsibilities within multimillion - dollar corporations.
- Expertise in all facets of accounting including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, financial statement preparation, and general ledger activity.
- Proven success developing financial reports that aid in financial as well as business decision-making processes.
- Comprehensive background in budget management, profit and loss analysis, cash flow management, cost containment, and human resources.
- Dynamic leadership abilities with staff supervision and labor relations.
- Proficient in QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Enterprise, QuickBooks Online, Deltek, Unanet, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics GP
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Provide small business contract accounting services.
- Services include accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, payroll, journal entries, monthly review and close, financial statements, annual year-end review, Prepare IRS tax forms W-2 and 1099. QuickBooks new software set-up and .
Confidential, Apex, NC
- Support the Controller and CFO in all areas of the corporate accounting and finance function.
- Specifically in accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, journal entries, deferred revenue, revenue recognition, internet pro shop sales, NC sales tax, special operations, year-end review, internal and external audit.
- Primarily the company is a subcontractor for a $40 million contract to provide linguists, security, and logistics for business and military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Confidential, Research Triangle Park, NC
- Direct all areas of accounting and financial management.
- Ensure data integrity as well as compliance with federal acquisition regulations and DCAA audit standards.
- Provide DCAA-compliant reporting and annual corporate cost and billing ratios associated with annual operational direct cost, overhead, G&A, and fringe benefits.
- Manage accounts payable functions and serve as the primary vendor liaison.
- Handle accounts receivable, cash flow management, P&L management, and general ledger activity.
- Create and review ad hoc reports. Coordinate year-end review and compilation with public accounting firm.
- Prepared financial statements, analyzed results, and presented financial results to the senior management team.
- Maintained and interfaced web-based timekeeping with network-based accounting software as well as exported biweekly payroll data to the payroll company.
- Played key role in company passing DCAA pre- audit for 2008 by correcting numerous accounting errors from previous year.
Confidential, Davie, FL
- Maintained accountability for all facets of accounting and financial management.
- Directed P&L management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed asset management, ad hoc reporting, and cash flow management.
- Led efforts to coordinate and consolidate accounting data compiled in Microsoft Access Reporter, which included managing general ledger activity, journal entry preparation, and closing. Supervised and trained financial employees.
- Supported internal auditing functions and served as primary liaison with external accounting firm.
- Reviewed and accounted for financial data as well as performance metrics.
- Formulated and analyzed financial statements for 9 Don Carter Premier Bowling Centers nationwide that generated $15 million in revenue.
- Presented financial results to general managers, owners, and limited partners, which aided in financial decision-making processes.
- Provided high-level support to the creation of a common accounting software platform that ensured the integrity of data, which encompassed point-of-sale at the bowling center, central consolidated general ledger, and final creation of all financial statements.
- Played a key role in streamlining financial processes and reducing redundancy utilizing financial acumen.
- Overcame 6+-month transaction backlog relating to month-end close, bank reconciliations, and financial statement reporting for the P&L statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flow.
- Spearheaded recruiting efforts involving the cash manager responsible for monitoring and reconciling activity in 40 commercial bank accounts.
Confidential, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Provided leadership and direction in financial management and accounting functions including accounts receivable, accounts payable, financial reporting, payroll, cash flow management, inventory, and fixed asset management.
- Led general ledger activity associated with account analysis, account reconciliation, journal entry preparation, and month-end/year-end closing.
- Handled budget management.
- Prepared financial analyses involving profit and loss as well as cost control.
- Supervised staff in daily job responsibilities.
- Researched and resolved customer and leasing issues. Interacted with the product inventory manager and obtain monthly updates.
- Spearheaded the development of financial reports for a Kyocera, Inc. business machines retail dealership that generated more than $12 million in annual revenues.
- Supported external CPA firm by compiling related financial data utilized in internal audits, tax return preparation, and year-end adjustments.
- Developed the basic program code and provided monthly updates for exclusions and duplications within the OMD financial reports.
- Played a key role in recommending the utilization of a new perpetual inventory bar code scan system, which included implementation and testing.
- Drove process improvement initiatives, which included increasing the efficiency of billing and collections, revenue recognition, and month-end close processes.
- Initiated an improved operational budget program that reconciled the proper classification of expense items and increased recognition of cost overage as well as variance.
Confidential, Hollywood, FL
- Directed accounting and financial management responsibilities associated with accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and financial reporting.
- Led profit and loss management initiatives including cost and variance analysis.
- Provided financial reports to the principal owner weekly and budget reports to the owners monthly.
- Developed and maintained cash flow reports. Supervised general ledger activity.
- Coordinated customer billing with the production and art department.
- Reconciled monthly certified media affidavits concerning the billing and payment of television, radio, billboard, and print media companies.
- Managed accounting functions within one of the largest advertising agencies in South Florida, which generated in excess of $30 million in annual billing revenues.
- Streamlined business processes, introduced technology solutions, reduced operating expenses, and enhanced operational efficiency levels.
- Played instrumental role in reducing outstanding accounts receivable levels by utilizing effective collections strategies.
- Created new internal cost center responsibilities for departments involved in production of client media plans.
- Developed and implemented activity based job cost reports for profit centers.
- Contributed to efforts to quantify the tracking of profit margins on nationwide media plans, which included isolating and eliminating unfavorable variance from the media budget.
Confidential, Miami, FL
- Supported all financial and managerial accounting within the organization.
- Handled profit and loss management functions involving income tracking and balance sheet performance. Researched and resolved financial discrepancies.
- Prepared and reviewed budget reports.
- Executed cash management functions successfully.
- Performed general ledger accounting tasks.
- Processed year-end 1099s.
- Processed and balanced multiple investment manager reports for $2 billion global investment portfolio profit and loss analysis.
- Led accounts payable functions for $8.5 million in annual accounts payable transactions.
- Contributed to vendor relationship management activities and secured competitive pricing for purchases.
- Established a VISA credit card program for recurring foundation administrative charges associated with corporate operations and individual field consultants across the U.S.