Experienced computer programming consultant with good communication skills. Quick learner with ability to see the big picture and attend to detail. Recognized by clients and co - workers as a diligent, professional team player. Over 10 years of OPENVMS experience on VAX and Alpha platforms.
Languages: C, FORTRAN, BASIC, PASCAL, COBOL, PL/I, DCL.
Databases: Oracle RDB, INGRES, DBMS, SYBASE, FOCUS.
Screens: DECforms, FMS, DECintact, Oracle Rally, TDMS, INGRES Forms.
Other: ACMS, Indexed RMS Files, DMQ, Datatrieve, MQ Series, CMS, MMS.
Confidential, Walnut Creek, CA
- Modified, created and maintained Systems programs for a rolled aluminum mill AS/RS Shop Floor system.
- The system uses 3 cranes to move 25,000 lb rolls of aluminum sheets from Receiving to Work In Process centers, and to various storage areas in the warehouse.
- The finished products are rolls of thin aluminum sheets that are sold to vendors to be further cut and processed into household and industrial aluminum foil.
- The system also schedules and reports on all the sub processes.
- Modified existing and created new C, COBOL, BASIC programs.
- Debugged, unit tested, and system tested C, COBOL, BASIC programs.
- Rebuilt Production programs whenever required to install new programs
Environment: VAX/ OpenVMS, C, INGRES, INGRES Forms, COBOL, BASIC, Oracle RDB, DCL
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
- Modified, created and maintained System programs for a steel mill chem lab system.
- The system analyzes steel samples for chemical and alloy content to support the production of quality alloy steel.
- Modified existing and created new FORTRAN programs.
- Debugged, unit tested, and system tested FORTRAN programs.
- Rebuilt Production system whenever required to install new programs.
Environment: VAX/ OpenVMS, FORTRAN, DecForms, Indexed RMS files, DCL
Confidential, Woodland Hills, CA
- Modified and maintained programs for a health claims billing system.
- The system validates claims, and processes the billing of the claims.
- Analyzed C, COBOL, and BASIC programs as required to support production processes.
- Modified existing and created new C, COBOL, BASIC, FORTRAN programs.
- Debugged, and unit tested C, COBOL, BASIC, and FORTRAN programs.
Environment: VAX/ OpenVMS, ACMS, C, COBOL, BASIC, FORTRAN, DecForms, Oracle RDB, DCL
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
System Admin & DBA
- Monitored system and network performance.
- Modified and maintained system databases (Oracle RDB) as required.
- Installed system layered products onto the VAX systems.
- Created and modified user accounts as required.
- Performed system operator duties daily.
- Created DCL reporting and management tools.
- Modified existing and/or created new programs and DCL procedures.
- Debugged, and unit tested COBOL, FORTRAN, C programs, and DCL procedures.
Environment: VAX/ OpenVMS, Charon VAX/OpenVMS, ACMS, COBOL, FORTRAN, C, Oracle RDB, TDMS, DCL
Confidential, Woburn, MA
- Converted FOCUS-based programs and files to BASIC programs and RMS files for the sales and marketing reporting system.
- Analyzed FOCUS and BASIC programs and DCL procedures to replace the FOCUS programs and files with BASIC programs and indexed RMS files.
- Modified existing and created new BASIC programs and DCL procedures.
- Modified, debugged, and unit tested BASIC and DCL modules for system migration to an Itanium platform.
Environment: ALPHA/ OpenVMS, Itanium/ OpenVMS, BASIC, FOCUS, Indexed RMS files, DCL.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Developed enhancements and maintained the debt collection management system.
- The system maintains debtor and credit account information, plus generates reports to assist in the debt collection process.
- Analyzed BASIC programs and DCL procedures to make corrections to solve new and old production problems, plus requests to create or modify reports.
- Created new BASIC programs and DCL procedures as required.
- Discussed specifications and trouble tickets with the client as needed.
- Modified, debugged and unit tested BASIC and DCL modules for system maintenance and new development.
Environment: ALPHA/ OPENVMS, BASIC, FMS, Indexed RMS files, DCL.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Developed enhancements to the new business system.
- The system processes both manual and automatic payments and reports for a variety of life insurance products.
- Technical lead. Supervised one person. Analyzed BASIC, Oracle Rally, and SQL modules, and wrote design specs.
- Developed, debugged and unit tested BASIC, Oracle Rally, and SQL modules for the system enhancements.
Environment: ALPHA/ VAX/ OpenVMS, BASIC, Oracle RDB, Indexed RMS files, Oracle Rally.
Confidential, Darien, CT
- Migrated a repo system (RepoEdge) from a VAX to Alpha platform.
- Analyzed C and COBOL modules to be migrated.
- Applied all changes recommended by HP and developed enhancements.
- Re-compiled code for migration modules and corrected errors.
- Assisted in testing by HP Quality Assurance and Bank Of New York.
Environment: ALPHA/ VAX/ OpenVMS, C, COBOL, SYBASE, DecIntact, MQ series, TMX, Swift.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Developed enhancements and maintained insurance billing review systems, mostly for state workers’ compensation systems.
- The government regulations changed continually, which in turn created customer requests to modify the application to accommodate the specific changes for one state without affecting the way an application worked for other states.
- Analyzed state customer requests for changes or new development.
- Discussed specifications with state customer as needed.
- Developed new and maintained old medical billing application and review forms.
- Supported EDI processing for updating host databases.
- Coded, compiled, linked, tested, and debugged new or changed C or BASIC modules, SQL modules, Indexed RMS files, and complex DecForms screens as needed.
- Checked modules into CMS library for system rebuilds and customer testing.
Environment: ALPHA/ OpenVMS, C, BASIC, Oracle RDB, ACMS, DecForms, Indexed RMS files, Datatrieve.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Developed enhancements for and maintained an Aircraft engine manufacturing reporting system plus help desk operations.
- The reporting system exists to help Manufacturing monitor the processes involved to build the various models of aircraft engines.
- Since the models changed frequently, with different parts lists, there were daily calls to the help desk because some reporting function didn’t work correctly, which had to be corrected that day if possible.
- Handled help desk calls not handled by the Canadian help desk team.
- Analyzed and developed new FORTRAN modules specified by various manufacturing groups.
- Coded, compiled, linked, tested, and debugged FORTRAN modules.
- Checked modules back into CMS for customer testing.
Environment: ALPHA/ VAX/ OpenVMS, FORTRAN, C, INGRES, Datatrieve.
Confidential, Casselberry, FL
- Brought manufacturing and reporting systems into Year 2000 compliance.
- Various manufacturing and reporting systems were out of compliance with the year 2000 handling of dates.
- Analyzed all code modules and FMS forms for year 2000 compliance.
- Compiled all source modules and corrected errors as needed.
- Checked modules back into CMS for system builds and ITT testing.
Environment: ALPHA/VAX/ OpenVMS, C, FORTRAN, PASCAL, PL/I, BASIC, DCL, Oracle RDB, FMS, Oracle Rally, Indexed RMS files, Datatrieve.
Confidential, Greensboro, NC
- Developed enhancements for warehousing and inventory systems.
- These systems existed to handle warehousing and inventorying of ingredients to be used in the manufacturing of Knorr soups, gravies, and other food mixtures.
- Database changes required modifying existing systems to maintain current operations and to provide new features.
- Analyzed PASCAL and FMS forms to provide new features as specified.
- Modified or created PASCAL, FMS forms, and DCL modules.
- Compiled, linked, tested, and debugged PASCAL and FMS forms and did system tests.
Environment: ALPHA/ VAX/ OpenVMS, PASCAL, DCL, FMS, Indexed RMS files.
Confidential, Greenville, SC
- Maintained and developed new features for order entry and check printing systems. Confidential is a quality personal and business check producer.
- Analyzed and modified existing programs to reflect specification changes or create new programs.
- Analyzed production problems and modified programs to resolve the issues.
- Compiled, linked, unit tested, debugged programs, and checked modules back into CMS for Quality Assurance regression testing and in corporation into the production systems.
- Analyzed all programs and modified them for year 2000 compliance. Compiled, linked, unit tested, and debugged all modified programs, and participated in the overall system test.
Environment: ALPHA/ OpenVMS, C, ACMS, DecForms, Indexed RMS files.
Confidential, Wakefield, MA
- Developed optical fiber manufacturing systems for Corning overseas partners in England and Germany.
- The overseas partners were also competitors, so only older technology was shared with them, hence, the use of PDP-11 systems.
- Modified existing programs on VAX systems for use on PDP-11 systems.
- Compiled, linked, tested, and debugged programs on the VAX systems, then downloaded them to the PDP-11 systems, where they were again tested for final shipment overseas.
Environment: VAX/ OpenVMS, PDP/ RSX, FORTRAN