Proven Program Manager, Agile Product Owner and Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified Solutions Architect. Demonstrated expertise in IaaS offerings and Service Delivery that reduces operational costs, delights customers and energizes business strategy. Well versed in forging effective relationships that unite teams and retain talent. Excellent at assembling teams of professionals who take ownership of complex problems and deliver results. A keen grasp of the criticality of scope definition, sequencing, and pacing in cloud computing projects. Comfortable navigating and clarifying IT/Finance budget cycles. A rare technology professional with “hands on” experience spanning well - established System Engineering & Integration firms and tiny startups using iterative delivery of value.
- Software and System Requirements
- ITIL Foundations Certified
- Business Case Analysis - OpEx/CapEx
- Certified AWS Solution Architect
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
- Distributed Geographic teams
- Estimation/Reporting /Metrics
- Experienced Agile Practitioner
- Roadmap Features and User Stories
- Master’s Degree (Systems Technology)
- Enthusiastic Public Speaker/Presenter
- IT Infrastructure migrations to cloud
- 3rd Party Vendor Management/Selection
PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYMENT HISTORY:
SENIOR ASSOCIATE, TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Responsible for delivery of IT infrastructure projects in support of customer - facing products at a Confidential 1000 financial data services firm.
- Lead phased implementation efforts via geographically distributed (EMEA, APAC, IMEA) teams of developers, Windows/Linux solution engineers, DBA’s, and architects.
- Enable portfolio and project visibility via Planview Enterprise toolset, track workflow and prioritization via ServiceNow.
- Collaborate across design, build, and support teams via MS Teams.
- Responsible for successful data migrations, reduction of technical debt, timely procurements, effective requirement and solution component documentation, and broad communications efforts. Trusted with sensitive information security (InfoSec) projects, including Palo Alto based multifactor authentication (MFA) and CyberArk PIM for privileged accounts.
- Currently delivering a cloud enabled Disaster Recovery (DR) solution for a $10M revenue per year product leveraging VMware vRealize Automation, virtual NetApp appliances on AWS, Marklogic DB, CommVault, Snapmirror, Ansible, and vRealize Network Insight vRNI.
AGILE PRODUCT OWNER
- Constructed a “sensor to end user” data pipeline in support of a Confidential - funded project to measure North American ecological change over three decades.
- Responsible for leading two 7-member software development teams and managing a product backlog in the context of a quarterly release cadence.
- Used Agile Central (Rally) and #slack for workflow, Feature/User Story development, team collaboration, and issue tracking.
- Delivered value via two-week sprints using Git, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, AWS, and Eclipse IDE.
- Providing leadership and best practices as segments of Confidential transition to Agile methods. Working in concert with Product Manager, craft Features and User stories that can be addressed by the development teams and verified by QA professionals
- Responsible for leading a 7-member Agile Scrum software development team and managing a product backlog in the context of a quarterly Release Plan.
- Used JIRA, Rally, and Flowdock for workflow, user stories, chat, and issue tracking.
- Delivered value via two-week Sprints using Kafka, AWS, Docker, KeyCloak and GitHub / GoCD /Rundeck for CI/CD deployment pipeline.
- Used MySQL and ElasticSearch for data, while providing aggregations to the UI / web servers via JSReact and Google Charts.
- As a Certified Scrum Product Owner, (CSPO) worked closely with a Scrum Master to conduct Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Retrospectives, and Sprint Review ceremonies with the team on a two-week iteration cycle
- Authored user stories and prioritized the product backlog while balancing features, technical debt, maintenance, and the interests of Product, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Support stakeholders
PROGRAM MANAGER / ENGINEERING
- As a contract professional, responsible for a strategic data center migration project focused on cost savings and risk reduction for an advertising technology firm in Boulder, CO.
- Responsible for seamless transition of production Hadoop clusters and multiple MySQL databases from aging “on-prem” infrastructure to (IBM) SoftLayer (IaaS) hosting. Drove server builds and software application installs/configurations at a sustainable tempo across multiple teams via JIRA and SmartSheet tools while respecting current operations and new feature development.
- Developed project roadmap for migration of >200 virtual and physical servers, including MapR, Cassandra, and MySQL
- Responsible for infrastructure hosting and operational support of VisionLink, a secure web based application developed by Virtual Site Solutions (VSS), a joint venture between Trimble and Caterpillar.
- Responsible for estimating, tracking and reporting cost, schedule, and performance across a portfolio of projects to Trimble Hosting Services (THS) and VSS management.
- Delivered >8 formal projects in 5 months on time and budget by performing accurate cost estimation and relentless prioritization
- Operated 10 Prod/Dev/Stage environments hosted in 5 data centers in North America and China using ITIL and ISO27001 standards
- Created high level designs with Microsoft Visio, facilitating AWS transition, including EC2, ELB, VPC, and Route 53 services.
- Responsible for delivery of enterprise IT projects (up to $10M) on time, on budget, and to quality standards in the context of an Confidential level 5 systems integrator.
- Responsible for transition of Enterprise Computing infrastructure in support of a successful $11 billion company “spin-off” into two new publicly traded companies. (SAI) and (LDOS)
- Manage project teams of >40 employees and contractors.
- Procure hardware, software, and third party professional services.
- Report cost variance, schedule variance, and technical performance against a baseline weekly, monthly, and quarterly to stakeholders. Identify and mitigate project risks.
- Ensure project and operations teams are trained. Deliver project communications and organizational change management (OCM) to cover user, customer, and provider equities.
- Comfortable creating Resource Loaded Networks (RLN) and using Earned Value (EV) to track progress.
- Delivered a 24,000 user next generation token-based strong authentication capability by partnering with committed vendors
- Delivered >23,000 domain migrated PC’s to support spin-off by careful selection of an effective vendor team and tools
- Delivered a 44,000-user enterprise search project on time and budget by mapping requirements to design components
- Responsible for authoring technical requirements in the context of a 45,000 employee enterprise environment.
- As a member of a team of engineers and enterprise architects, responsible for ensuring design components addressed both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Responsible for creating concept of operation (CONOPs) documents for new business capabilities.
- Responsible for drawing graphical depictions of high level design components.
- Delivered a $1.2 million project on schedule and budget to bring >25K Windows-based PC’s under central management
Deputy Project Manager
- Responsible for addressing an Urgent Need Statement from Confidential and Confidential operational units with the mission of detecting, reporting, and responding to chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN) attacks. Controlled project budget in the context of a cost baseline and negotiated new funding.
- Won a $70 million re-compete for Technical Project Management work by leading a Bid and Proposal team
- Visited soldiers in Germany 3 times to support product improvement and in prep for Mideast deployment
- Serve as a technical bridge between customer and service provider for a 303,000 seat, 550 site desktop services implementation.
- Responsible for generating revenue as a contract team member providing technical integration services to customers.
- Created technical documents to articulate and address requirements.