- Service focused IT Manager with 20 years experience with a global information company in the Financial Services industry. Highly experienced in Service Desk, First Line Operations, Service Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, implementation of ITIL specializing in Service Operations, and Continual Service Improvements.
- Directed incident response activities (Incident Control Center) for critical Data Center and Information Security outages with global impact driving cross - functional teams to deliver resolution swiftly while ensuring effective customer communications.
- Trained hundreds of staff globally on the Incident and Problem Management processes, Service Disruption Notifications, and use of ServiceNow tools.
- Successfully problem managed major incidents which directly contributed to 10% annual reductions in Sev1/2 incidents by creating actions to prevent recurrence.
- Drove multiple service improvements including 80% reduction of alarms appearing on monitoring screens, increasing compliance of the CI field from 3% to 98%, increasing quality of customer communications, and reducing volume of open Incident tickets by 50%. All contributed in improved customer satisfaction.
- Ensured mitigating service was always primary focus during technical recovery calls which resulted in reduction of Hours of Impact by over 25%.
- Built relationships and managed 3 rd party vendors according to SLAs.
- Developed metrics, KPIs and CSFs for core services launched as part of the Site Operations Transformation initiative.
- Regional lead for ISO27001 and ISO9001 audits.
Problem / Incident Manager
Confidential, Refinitiv, NY
- Conducted Post Incident Reviews to identify trigger, root cause and aggravating factors.
- Created and tracked actions to prevent recurrence, minimize service disruption, and reduce hours of impact and customer pain.
- Addressed Known Errors in environments via Change and Release processes.
- Authored reports for IT Senior Management detailing Root Cause details and represented at the Global Service Forum on a weekly basis.
- Reported on trend analysis and Pareto Analysis based on incident/problem data.
- Performed proactive problem management analysis based on event management data.
- Led recovery calls for issues after Lift and Shift and Physical to Virtual server migrations to strategic data centers and AWS Cloud.
- Single point of contact for Regional Service Delivery Escalations in North America.
Head of Incident Management (IaaS)
- Established Daily Service Meeting and monthly operating rhythm.
- Defined IaaS specific metrics and management reports.
- Maintained quality assurance standards via audits and monthly quality metrics.
- Prepared Knowledge Management roles and responsibilities to drive MTTR improvements within Infrastructure as a Service organization.
- Defined the collection and use of management systems data to be used in Event Management to reduce the volumes of alarms currently being received.
- Championed Service Improvements to increase the quality of data in incident tickets.
- Developed Operational Services such as Log and Refer.
- Promoted Agile, Lean and DevOps culture to foster collaboration, eliminate waste, and encourage experimentation with the goal of continually making improvements.
- Coordinated table top exercises to ensure incident response teams were prepared.
Service Support Manager
- Integral member in the Strategy and Design of the Smart Hands/Proximity service launched during the Site Operations Transformation initiative.
- Developed metrics, KPI’s and CSFs for Site Operations core services.
- Defined Customer Satisfaction and CSI processes.
Major Incident Manager
- Directed incident response (Incident Control Center) for critical Data Center and Information Security outages with global impact and drove support teams to deliver swift resolution.
- Managed customer/management communications via Service Disruption Notifications.
- Drove a consistent approach to chairing major incident meetings on a 24x7 basis ensuring a coordinated, clear and transparent approach for service restoration.
- Championed and drove the Incident Management process across Technology Operations and the business.
- Analyzed SEV1/2 MTTR breaches and addressed breaches with key stakeholders.
- Increased quality of Incident tickets by reviewing Daily Service Reports and addressing issues with key stakeholders.
- Trained hundreds of staff on major incident process and use of the Service Center tool during the Thomson Reuter integration as well as ongoing refresher courses.
- Improved quality of communications to our internal/external customers by reviewing Service Disruption Notifications and Alerts.
Site Ops Manager
- Led the 24x7 First Line Operations team at the Confidential .
- Managed a team of 35 including 5 Supervisors and 30 first line staff including Union workers.
- Increased the focus on achieving “ Green Days” by performing monthly analysis, identifying trends and eliminating recurring issues. HTC averaged over 27 “ Green Days” per month in 2008.
- Managed the development of requirements/programs for operational staff and ensured a high level of skill sets and knowledge was maintained.
- Increased the number of issues resolved at FPOC by 10% through improved skills and developing of work instructions.
- Participated in annual DR and BCP tests.
Shift Operations Manager
- Managed team of 9 staff as part of 24x7 rotating shift coverage.
- Responsible for the monitoring of applications, systems, and networks that collected and distributed real time data from premium stock exchanges and news globally.
- Performed interviews for new hires, annual reviews and compensation, and disciplinary actions.
- Attended Change Advisory Boards meetings to ensure changes were scheduled within appropriate maintenance windows, contained appropriate fallback instructions, and were resourced appropriately.