- 10+ years’ experience in Financial management using various ERPs (Sun systems, Q&A, Quick Books, Tally) to record, maintain and report financial information to various stakeholders.
- 1 year Hands on SAP S/4 HANA Finance experience in manufacturing environment, with recent in FICO as a refresher (Including SAP S/4HANA Finance)
- Business Processes experience,
- Active participation in all phases of a project: This includes workshops, requirement gathering, modeling, design and development, extraction of data, reporting, performance monitoring, providing Support.
- Risk and compliance management skills, Financial management and reporting skills
- Treasury Management and Forecasting skills, Strategic Finance management & Planning skills
- Project Management skills, Problem solving skills
- Benefits & Compensation management skills
- Organizing and Team building skills, Staff Development and skills
- Created and maintain business partners, post invoices and payments and use special General Ledger transactions, reverse invoices and payments,
- Blocked open invoices for payment, configure the payment program, and manage partial payments.
- Defined the customizing settings for the Payment Medium Workbench, use the debit balance check for handling payments,
- Defined terms of payment and payment types, established the connection of customers to vendors, described integration with procurement and sales
- Created and maintained Fixed Asset classes and Depreciation areas.
- Provision of advisory services to the team to establish and register the company
- I created of organizational structure, HR, Procurement and Financial systems for the organization.
- Served as a coordinator for the BOD and senior management during executive team meetings
- Maintained the General ledger and prepared the fiscal year financial reports for the auditors
- I prepared the Bank Reconciliations and closed the books of accounts on monthly basis and year end
- Ensuring security of the company website, and financial data by providing regular back - up services on the cloud.
- Facilitated workshops (virtually) for partners and staff in Africa
Confidential, Worcester, MA
- Maintenance of General Ledger, posting of transactions using the SAP
- Creating Asset classes, Depreciation keys, and determining Depreciation areas,
- Creating screen layout rules and assigning them to the depreciation areas
- Create and maintain business partners, post invoices and payments and use special General Ledger(G/L) transactions, reverse invoices and payments.
- Using the enterprise structure to create company code, Business area, controlling area as well as other standard hierarchies.
- Create and maintain general ledger accounts, exchange rates, bank master data and define house banks. Create and reverse general ledger transfer postings, post cross-company code transactions, create profit centers, Cost Center and segments.
- I created a comprehensive inventory management system for the organization to manage all their fixed assets and supplies
- I led a process and team to review the current procurement manual to meet best practices and industry standards
- I worked on contracts for both Short term and Long term staff, consultants and vendors
- I led a process to Revamp the procurement system
Confidential, New Haven, CT
Pro-Bono Finance Consultant
- I liaise with the client and their counterpart at the airline industry as their contact person negotiating for the terms and conditions, recruiting the staff and ensuring the background checks are well completed before deploying them to the airport.
- Prepared of budgets, cash flow statements, and cash projections for clients
- Audited small and medium scale organizations, rural banks etc.
- Preparing Cash flow projections and feasibility studies for clients
- Prepared final accounts, tax returns, and reporting on clients’ financial performance
- Advised clients on tax issues and representing them at the tax office
- Prepared individual tax returns, registering of companies etc
- Prepared audit time table for juniors, and supervising their work
- Lead audit sessions, review clients’ records and advise clients on weaknesses in systems.
Environment: Private consultancy, Partnership, Audit, Accountancy.
- I led the installation of SQL as preparatory step to the installation of the main financial software of the organization for the country program as well as other countries during my international assignments
- I installed Sun Systems, Query and Analysis (Q&A) as well as vision for excel from the scratch for the country program and other Country Programs such as Gambia and Senegal.
- Created reports in sun systems, and Q&A and trained the finance team to extract same to meet donor requirements
- I designed and provided excel templates compatible with sun systems to allow bulk upload of transactions unto the systems under a held journal for a secondary review before posting in order to minimize errors in posting.
- Worked with partners and donor teams to design relevant financial reports that will meet their reporting requirements and trained the programming team to comply.
- Responsible to business processes, periodic reviews and modification for HQ approval prior to implementation
- I worked with the HQ team to design templates, reporting tools to meet USG Contracting requirements which was new to the agency at the time
- I lead my finance team to pilot a number of initiatives (e-budget, USG Contracting, e-payroll etc) for the agency to serve part of change agent for the organization.
- Ensure transactional integrity and address authorization issues within the country program by establishing and reviewing procedures and policies with regards safeguarding of assets and liabilities.
- Creating user groups for reporting and set email bursting with user specific data.
- Extensively involved in users in software, systems, and Crystal Reports, through led scenarios.
- Interacted with report Users (Programming team, donors, partners, Regional and HQ Team) to know their Business needs to effectively develop and modify templates and Reports.
- Involved in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle. Gathering, analyzing, documenting business requirements, functional requirements and data specifications for Business Objects Universes and Reports.
- Involved in migration stand-alone payroll software to a cloud version with enhance functionalities.
- Creating Daily currency rates, reviewing financial information and reports, performing month/year end closing activities and generating the relevant reports to satisfy all stakeholders in a timely manner.
- I coordinated a number of intra/inter stakeholder meetings and events to address issues and foster closer collaborations and ensured team cohesion
- Worked with Confidential HQ to develop tools, systems procedures and materials to implement Confidential ’ Ghana’s first ever contract project with 5 local organizations.
- I trained several local and international organizations in USAID contracts, procedures and best practices in financial management to implement projects successfully.
- I led an action plan to review Tax practices within Confidential Ghana and to establish the various compliance issues and to enhance our benefit practices
- Led monthly Budget comparison meetings with the program staff to discuss causes of deviations and find lasting solution
- Managed several donor financial funding and reported on timely basis
- Assessed and Trained several implementing partners on USG regulations to ensure compliance
- Supervised cash management processes and manage relationships with banking institutions.
- Provided review and assistance in the development of newly submitted budgets.
- Ensured the integrity of Confidential financial reporting and the effective control of financial assets at partners’ level.
- Led the pilot implementation of the e-budget for the region and provided critical feedback to HQ
- I prepared the payroll and statutory reports of the agency on a monthly basis
- I was in charge of the severance, pensions, and other accrual journals on a monthly basis
- I served as the first point of call in the preparation of the donor budgets for review
- I served as the first point of call for all donor financial reports for reviews and submissions
- I was the finance point person for the Northern based partners conducting Quarterly financial monitoring
- Reviewing transactions, liquidations from staff and staff before submitting to Accra main office for loading
- Preparation of monthly Budget Comparison Reports for review
- I Developed a finance procedure manual book for the Confidential partners and held workshop to trained them on its usage.