Objective:Technical Writing or Instructional Design-related position
Technical Writing and Instructional Design Expertise:
- Write/research/design highly technical software and hardware product manuals and documentation, technical “foundation” courses, product updates, technical “knowledge transfers” and “Just-in-Time” training and related documentation, marketing collateral, for users, field service, product support, call center personnel. Delivery formats: both hard copy and online-based documentation, and presentations for classroom, web-based training (WBT), and online “virtual” classroom training.
- Topics include product software and hardware installation, configuration/setup, troubleshooting, job aids for storage systems, laser systems, and wide range of other hardware and software applications including computer/systems, data communications/networking.
- Proficient in desktop publishing.
- Create innovative/screen capture training “movies” for new software, demos, and procedures.
- Define knowledge paths for service personnel product certification.
Program Management Expertise:
- B. S. Business Management.
- Skilled, innovative program manager and team player.
- Create successful, enthusiastic, goal-oriented project teams to produce quality results. Exceptional working relationships with all levels of management and organizational resources.
- Define, manage training delivery process.
- Product life cycle experience; cost conscious, business-savvy, effective.
Web Site Support Expertise:
- Create/update pages, links (using HTML) with new content to support new product releases, updates.
Software/Product Technical Support Expertise:
- Support wide range of storage and other system products by providing remote, phone, on-site service.
Confidential,July, 2002 present
- Write Hewlett-Packard user, installation, quick start, and other software and hardware documentation to support new product releases and updates; topics: storage software management products.
- Develop and teach variety of technical topics for Hewlett Packard products, including new product hardware, software, and internal process/procedural subjects.
- Develop a wide range of technical “knowledge transfer” courses and “Just-in-Time” training to support new Hewlett-Packard product launches and product upgrades, and internal process training.
Web Site Support:
- Create new web pages, links, and updates for Hewlett-Packard product support web site to keep site current with new Hewlett-Packard product releases and updates.
Senior Instructional Designer - Program MANAGER
Confidential,Shrewsbury, MA 1999-2002
- Wrote, designed, taught, and managed rollout of technical courseware (break/fix, hands-on labs, job aids) for users, field and call center personnel, marketing/sales representatives, “Customer Win” (flying squad) team. This was critical in providing “launch readiness training and support” for new products to win new business. Wrote, taught “Train the Trainer” sessions for new product courseware.
- Created associated job aids and supporting documentation to ensure most effective use of the delivery technologies.
- Introduced innovative new approaches to training, to reduce costs of training world-wide audience during budget cuts.
- Managed staff and resources effectively to develop and control schedules, ensure effectiveness, quality and on-time delivery.
- Managed courseware delivery/distribution, archiving, student data/records. Conducted survey, feedback sessions, updated courseware.
SENIOR SOFTWARE/PRODUCT SUPPORT ENGINEER
Confidential,Shrewsbury, MA 1997-1999
- Provided presales and services support to call centers, field engineers, marketing representatives, and technical instructors to provide training and timely, quality resolution of technical issues and inquiries.
- Improved product quality by conducting product audits and qualification testing to confirm and improve product quality, serviceability, and supportability.
- Solid, broad technical background.
SENIOR WRITER - COURSE DEVELOPER
Confidential,Shrewsbury, MA 1992-1997
- Researched, designed, developed, wrote, illustrated wide range of system/software/product documentation (job aids, implementation and “getting started” manuals, user guides, technical reference manuals, installation and service guides), training materials, and marketing-oriented “White Papers” and product briefs.
- Covered wide range of technical topics including computer systems, products, and software, computer storage (disk, RAID, and virtual arrays), Storage Networks (SAN, NAS) and applications, running in Windows, UNIX, Sun, IBM environments.
- Met broad range of user and audience needs by writing for technical and non-technical users including customers, marketing representatives, internal users, field service, and service providers to document wide range of products and applications.
- Added value and usability to documents by bringing a “hands on” support-oriented perspective to developing and writing content, thereby adding significant/unique value to the effectiveness of the materials.
Documentation Manager - Communications Specialist
Confidential,Billerica, MA 1991-1992
- Wrote user and regulatory documentation and training materials for various laser, robotics, vision recognition, positioning, and IC wafer systems.
- Defined and managed multiple product documentation development schedules and coordinated with other internal and vended resources, until company closed in 1992.