SOFTWARE EXECUTIVE & TECHNOLOGIST
That can assist your organization capture market share and ignite revenue growth via cutting edge technologies, SDLC best practices, Project / Product Management, and team leadership by applying innovative thinking, relentless dedication and leadership by example.
Generated $67 million in revenues by shipping 3 versions of Picture Publisher 2 versions of Webtricity, and 3 versions of iGrafx over 3 years.
Founded Image2Web successfully raising first round of funding and eventually negotiating Corel’s $7 milliontechnology acquisition which included its valuable 6 US patents.
Process reengineered and automated all processes of 3 departments using SOA and BPM as the strategy.
Delivered & Managed a Debt Management system (online banking system) that handled over $10 million worth of online transaction per month.
Reaped 10-fold ROI of MediaTracks technology when acquired by Lotus.
Software Development, Software Architecture, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), SDLC Management, Project Management, PMO formation, ITIL implementation, IT Strategy formulation, IT governance, IT Management. Microsoft .NET, Java, J2EE, Agile Development, XP Programming. WebSphere Portal, WebSphere Process Server, Business Process Management (BPM).
Director of Software Development, Confidential, (3/2006 to Present) Responsibilities:
Strategy formulation and execution ensuring alignment with the business, Project Management, Develop and ensure software service quality following ITIL. Implementation of SLAs. Managed $12 million budget.Achievements:
- Implemented the SOA/BPM strategy establishing the SOA Governance Board & Center of Excellence, adopting Business Process Management, BPM, as the SOA enabler and delivering the first two projects.
- Executed a road map for the legacy systems which includes, support and maintenance, leveraging of assets and integration with the BPM platform, services identification and refactoring fir the BPM platform and eventually a full Migration path to the BPM platform.
- Implemented IBM Rational/RUP as an SDLC methodology.
- Implemented ITIL to govern Software Service Delivery and Support.
- Automated all of the General Survey Department internal processes using BPM.
- Automated all of the Building Permit Department processes using BPM.
- Mapped and documented all of the processes within the authority using BPM.
- Oracle ERP Business Suite scoping, tendering, evaluation, planning and design.
Technologies used: Java, J2EE, WebSphere (WPS, WID, Portal, Monitor), FileNET, Oracle DB, MS SQLDirector of Software Development, Confidential (8/2004 to 3/2006)
Managed off shoring software development office in Jordan. Responsible of the complete SDLC for enterprise web applications and Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence projects for the financial and pharmaceutical sectors.
RESPONSIBILITIES: P&L ownership, Established and enforced Software Development methodologies, Resource management & budgeting, Enterprise Architecture & design.
- Delivered 6 major enterprise web projects.
- PMO establishment and leadership.
- Aligned technical capabilities and methodology to an outsourcing and off shoring business model.
- Defined, implemented, monitored and enforced a new Agile software development methodology in an effort to eliminate waste and align the office with the company long term business objectives.
Technical visionary and Director of Product Development for Confidential SmartGraphics platform.Achievements:
- Managed an external Canadian consulting firm.
- Delivering 2 versions of the enterprise server product.
- Transformed the team from a waterfall to an Agile SDLC methodology.
- Heavily influenced the vision of the product.
Cofounded Confidential which provided enterprise software solutions to automate the life cycle of web content. It targeted B2B Exchanges, content aggregators, system integrators, and visual e-commerce sites.Achievements:
- Successful launch of the company and securing first round of VC funding.
- Successful development of company’s product portfolio including 6 US Technology Patents.
- Successful negotiation of Corel’s $7 million acquisition of the company.
Technical Responsibilities: Defining products and product’s road map of the company. Lead the whole development cycle of our products. Also lead the development team in defining our next generation technology, which handles the dynamic creation of imagery based on a user profile, device profile or business rules.
Management Responsibilities: Managing and leading the Development team. Member of the Executive team.
Technical Manager for 7 Software engineers, Product Specialists, Release Coordinators, and a QA team.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Technical architect, Team leadership, Budgeting, resource management, coordination with sales, marketing and upper management.
Senior software engineer developing COTSsoftware.Education
M.S., Computer Science
B.S., Computer Science
Certifications: PMP certified, ITIL-ITSM certified