An internship, contractor or full-time position in the field of electrical engineering or Computer Engineering.
Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering in Digital Signal and Image Processing
Confidential,System Engineering Support
(March 2011 – March 2012)
- Take raw and Jpeg images under different light conditions and different configurations.
- Use camera tuning software to adjust imaging quality such as Auto White Balance, Color Correction, Sharpness and noise reduction in order to assist development team to find out configuration issues.
- Run imaging quality test to analysis photos taken and evaluate the result.
- Understand the basic functions of DSP blocks in a digital camera such as color conversion, color correction, de-noise, sharpness and contrast.
- Experienced in camera tuning software testing and verification.
Confidential,Instrumentation and Calibration Technician
(March 2010 – March 2011)
- Disassembles, inspects, cleans, repairs, calibrates, and performs periodic maintenance of specialty equipment, systems and controls.
- Troubleshoots or resolve problems while performing unscheduled work.
- Communicates with customer staff and outside contractors in calibration, repair and operation of equipment as necessary.
- Programming Languages: C, C++, Java
- Tools: Matlab, Breadboard, Oscilloscope, Function Generator
- Platforms: MS Windows, Linux
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good team work skills.
- Data Structures
Use and implementation of data structures including linked lists, stacks, queues and balanced/unbalanced binary search trees.
- Principles of Computer Operating Systems
Understand the principles of Process Management such as Synchronization and Scheduling; Memory Management such as paging and File System Management. Work on an OS simulator, nachos with Java’s nachos package.
- Digital Signal Processing
Understand DTFT, DFT/FFT, sampling of band-pass signals, A/D and D/A conversion, design of FIR/IIR filters.
- Computer Vision: Image Processing
Understand the basic principles of Edge detection, Image segmentation, Filtering, and Image registration. Do the essential implementation using Matlab.
RELEVANT COURSE PROJECT
- Data Structure: Binary Search Trees (in C++)
Depending on the properties of binary search tree, an ordinary BST is implemented first. Then an improved BST - randomized search tree (RST), which inherits from the ordinary BST, is implemented. Finally, a benchtree,which benchmarks the performance of RST, ordinaryBST and C++ STL std::set structure (one that is implemented using a red-black tree), is implemented. Performance result shows “in each data structure, how many comparisons such as >, <, ==, and != were required to do a successful ‘find’operation, in the average case”.
- Image Processing: Red-eye detection and removal (in Matlab)
Given a set of images with people’s red eyes, a program is designed and implemented based on the Red Eye Removal Algorithm presented in the paper, “Towards automatic redeye effect removal”. The project is generally divided into: Search-space reduction, Red-eye enhancement, Pupil detection and Red-eye replacement.
- Computer Graphics: 3D Free-View point Interface (in C++, OpenGL)
Given a set of images captured from different views of a real-world 3D object, use OpenGL to develop an interface which can exploit the depth information (Z) of each 2D image (X, Y) to reconstruct the 3D object and rotate it at will. Then, the algorithm for reconstructing the images is improved to manipulate view point on the movie, Avatar. So a viewer can change the viewpoint of the movie being watched at will.