- Over 20 years experience analyzing, designing, constructing, documenting and implementing solutions.
- Extensive experience in requirements gathering, business analysis, system analysis, process analysis, process design, data modeling, programming, testing, documentation and deployment.
- Proficient in various programming languages including Cobol, C++ (both Unix and Microsoft Visual C++) and SQL.
- Recent exposure to Visual Basic 2005, Visual C# 2008, Visual Web Developer 2008 and SQL Server 2005.
- Experience writing Korn Shell scripts for Oracle database maintenance.
- Highly structured approach to programming and system design.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to devise creative, effective and efficient solutions to difficult problems.
- C++ instructor at UMSL and PC software instructor at Maryville University.
IBM 3090 OS/MVS, Solaris and HP Unix, Microdata Sequel 25000, IBM PC, Windows
Languages and Databases
C, C++(Unix/Visual C++ 5.0), Cobol, Visual C# 2008 (Trained), Visual Basic 2005, Oracle SQL/SQLPlus/PL-SQL, DB2, SQL Server 2005, FoxPro 2.6 (Networked/Real Time), DataBasic(Pick)
Microsoft Office, VSAM, TSO/ISPF, Syncsort, HTML, NDM, Platinum, Comparex, RAI Restart, PuTTY, Teradata Queryman, REXX.
07/03/08- 03/31/09 Confidential St. Louis, MO
Application Architect –
- Involved in all aspects of a system†that spans both MVS and Unix. Required ability to develop and maintain both Unix/C++ and MVS/Cobol processes.
- Included the use of Korn Shell scripts, Teradata Queryman, Oracle 10g, PuTTY, REXX, and Serena Changeman.
- On-site coordinator for all team activities including those of off-shore resources.
- Primary on-call for production issues.
- Performed research for proposed program and script changes.
- Made updates and performed queries on Oracle and DB2 tables as required.
- Monitored Unix system activity.
- Maintained the test environments.
03/31/08 to 04/15/08 Confidential St. Louis, MO
Write programs in Visual Basic-†2005 to convert flat files, CSV comma delimited files and report files to SQL Server tables. Defined and created SQL Server tables.
12/07/96 to 12/06/07 Confidential Maryland Heights, MO
Senior Application Developer –
- Worked on several products,both new development and maintenance, on various platforms including MVS/COBOL and Unix/C++/Oracle.
- Technical lead for analysis and design of massive changes to merchant month-end processing for the ECA project. The analysis portion of this project was very large and very detailed with the resulting design exceeding 1400 pages.
- Developed linked list subroutines that dramatically reduced resource consumption, run times and complexity of several systems. Resource savings were as much as 95%.
- Performed research, analysis and development of automated NDM (Network Data Mover) process to move files from UNIX to MVS platform to the client. Required programming on both platforms in Cobol, C and C++ including necessary JCL. Involved use of the NDMAPI.
- Created a process to transform a standard Cobol copybook to a flat file copybook and create the move statements. This eliminated the manual typing of thousands of lines of code. It also eliminated hours of analysis.
- In addition to the positions listed above, I have been a CPA licensed to practice in Missouri and have held management and accounting positions.
MSIS - Management Information Systems
BSBA - Business Administration†
Major: Accounting - Graduated Cum Laude
CPA Certificate – Missouri (inactive)