- 35 plus years expertise in establishing process controls with manual / automated TiP TiG / GTAW / PLASMA/. LASER Tubemills, Turbine Repairs, Orbital welds, Micro alloy applications and automated pipe / valve welds in industries such as: nuclear, power, aerospace, medical, electronic, power, oil, refinery and chemical.
- 35 plus years expertise on setting optimum MIG / Pulsed MIG / Flux Cored on manual and automated pipe / pressure vessel welds.
- 25 plus years expertise on establishing effective “robot” MIG weld process controls for all robots in all industries that utilize robots.
- Highly experienced in all manual and mechanized MIG / GTAW / FCAW “Cladding” applications. Have three patents with these applications.
- Provide estimates, quotes and recommendations for cost affective robot / automated weld lines and related weld manufacturing equipment.
- Extensive metallurgical and lab expertise on weld failures, cladding, wear and weld corrosion issues.
- Work with Designers to improve weldability of welded components and structures
- Provided Robot MIG Weld Process Control Training Program for Magna the world’s largest tier one supplier.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Provide support in Confidential s development and implementation of Confidential S welding program for qualification of personnel, procedures, and processes.
- Provide support for weld / metallurgical shop and field issues.
- Provide support for issues / questions regarding interpretation, application, and intent of Codes and Standards governing welding and inspection activities and specific customer specifications.
- Responsible for all weld research and development, product development, and technical support initiatives for continued improvement of Confidential products and services.
- Provide cost - effective resolutions consistent with company strengths.
- Supervise development and implementation of the training program for Confidential weld personnel.
- Interface with customer Quality Control / Quality Assurance personnel to provide direction on issues related to welding quality. Interface with Authorized Inspectors to explain / resolve issues related to governing Codes and Standards.
- Assist in evaluating new materials and weld equipment for clad and weld applications.
- Evaluate metallurgical and welding characteristics and perform testing to assess potential benefits.
- I developed new water wall, Inconel / Stainless clad procedures that were Patented by Confidential in
- I provided unique pulsed MIG pipe procedures for 9 - 36% Nickel Cryogenic applications.
- I developed a patent pending, highly cost effective weld technique for 347 overlay on hydro cracking vessels and other 347 clad applications. This new 347 clad method reduced the traditional global electro slag, strip clad methods cost for overlay by 70%
- Established Weld Best Practices and weld cost reduction programs for automated, laser / GTAW / plasma, lathe and orbital welds on stainless and Inconel components.
- These monitoring parts were used in the manufacture of electronic chips.
- Established over 2 million dollars in weld cost reduction and took weld reject rate from 8% to less than 1 percent.
Confidential, Port Washington, WI
- In the 15 months at Textron / Omniquip, I increased utilization of arc welding robots from 8% to 80%. providing an 80% increase in the welded parts produced with no increase in manual labor.
- Facilitated and implemented effective robot and manual weld process controls along with weld process-training programs, resulting in a daily robot weld efficiency of > 96%
- Reduced the three weld vendors to one and established a “weld blanket purchase agreement” resulting in $200,000 annual savings.
- Established highly cost effective “best weld practices”. Reducing annual equipment and consumables cost by $250,000.
- Produced the weld department budget.
- Provide support and developed the training programs for weld safety, weld quality, weld productivity.
Weld Process Manager
- My responsibilities was to resolve robot weld quality / productivity issues for all of the ABB North American major clients.
Weld Marketing & Weld Training Manager
- In eighteen months through my marketing program that simplified MIG gas selection, I introduced three gas mixes, (SteelMix - StainMix - AlumMix).
- With this program and the technical sales training I provided, Confidential increased its annual new MIG gas business by 60 million dollars.
- I also provided weld / cutting process training for the 700 sales reps and provided weld process advice and solutions for hundreds of weld customers across USA and Canada.