- Over 10 years of experience designing and developing software.
- Participated in all aspects of an Agile software development process - including planning, analysis and design, coding, reviews, testing, authoring user documents, deployment, and support.
- Designed and developed relational client server database applications according to project specifications.
- Efficiently implemented procedures in code, using MS Visual Studio C# and VB. Net compilers and National Instrument Lab Windows compilers.
- Analyzed and recognized company problems and implemented effective solutions.
- Analyzed clients’ needs and produced user stories enabling design of systems and procedures.
- Outstanding ability to communicate with various types of people.
- Problem solver and team player with proven leadership qualities.
- Software: Visual Studio 2010 .Net C#, VB, ADO. Net, MSN/ActiveX, Developer Express components, National Instruments Lab Windows CVI, SQL, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Office
- Databases: SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle
- Hardware/OP Systems: Windows, MS 2008 SQLServer, Unitech Bar Code scanners
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER, Confidential,Fort Collins, CO 2007 - 2012
- Developed County Assessor and Treasurer Software analytical tools for county governments.
- Gathered requirements and developed user stories with SME and client input.
- Worked with Project Managers to manage project scope; identified and deployed appropriate resources to support system development efforts.
- Created .Net Framework customized classes that would be used later as the building blocks for the application.
- Produced customized Win Forms, Win Controls, Functional Library, and Data Components.
- Developed event driven customized distributed COM components to interact across application domains.
- Coded conversions from VB6, VBA to .Net library class functions.
- Improved and developed interfaces for the application using XML.
- Resolved backward compatibility issues such as version conflict and error reporting.
- Effectively tracked and fixed software bugs.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER, Confidential,Greeley, CO 2006 - 2007
- Re-engineered accounting, inventory control, and tax solutions software used by Petroleum Marketers and Convenience Store Operators.
- Upgraded UPC scanner programs from Windows CE 3.0 to Windows CE. Net.
- Coordinated with sales and service representatives for specifications, design for the accounting, and inventory point of sale software package.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER, Confidential,Fort Collins, CO 2001 - 2006
- Developed a client/server database application for tracking company analyzer systems.
- Designed and developed a client server reporting package displaying gas chromatography results. Text reports were programmed using Crystal Reports; graphical charts were programmed using the T-Chart Active X control.
- Coordinated with engineers on specifications and design for data conversion of MSExcel worksheets into MSAccess database tables.
- Created object oriented model for the existing chromatography software package.
- Implemented version control for online processing software packages.
- Lead Developer for implementing testing procedures, software updates, and new releases.
- Project Lead for the development of software installation packages.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER, Confidential,Fort Collins, CO 1995 - 2001
- Developed database applications for online motor analysis systems.
- Coordinated with systems engineers on electrical motor test procedures and patents.
- Developed Data Transfer packages using Visual C++ SQL ODBC MSAccess.
- Designed and developed reporting packages implementing MSActiveX controls connecting to MSWord 97/2000 and MSExcel.
- Software Lead for a team of programmers implementing updates and new releases.
APPLICATIONS PROGRAMMER, Confidential,Fort Collins, CO 1994 - 1995
- Designed and developed applications that automated the processes of the sales force.
- Managed a team of translators to convert all sales force programs for international release.
- Designed and developed reports for the sales force programs.
- Developed customized database entry forms for various plant sites.
- Organized and implemented the training and helpdesk facility.
- Provided technical support for hardware and software problems.
PROGRAMMER/ANALYST, Confidential,Loveland, CO 1990 - 1994
- Managed R&D for new object-oriented relational database product.
- Database design and support of medical billing services.
- Developed electronic data transfer and automatic tape receipts.
- Provided internal training and review user needs.
- Database SQL client servers, member of standards programming committee.
- BS in Computer Science
- Computer Science