An Information Technology (IT) professional with over two decades of experience, I work well independently and as a part of a team. Major strengths include: analytical abilities, help desk support, project management, reporting, documentation and training, systems administration, with exceptional customer service, Web design, presentation and public relation skills. Demonstrated skill in meeting compressed deadlines with multiple concurrently scheduled projects.
Confidential, 04/12 - 08/12
- Central point of contact providing solutions to technology related problems, issues, and questions. Enter call information into call tracking database.
- Utilized proprietary software, office productivity software, Active Directory and knowledge management tools to retrieve information and help resolve client problems.
- Conducted diagnoses of communication software/hardware to troubleshoot connectivity problems between the client and the home office.
- Supported corporate smart phones including iPhones, Android\'s and Blackberries.
- Administered RSA tokens hard/soft for VPN connectivity.
Confidential, 2005 – 2011
- Administered the company’s business systems.
- Responsible for project management that included new software installations and equipment rollout.
- Specialized in trouble-shooting computer systems, and new system implementation
- Maintained, monitored and controlled Windows domain for 375 user’s computer workstations, laptops and servers.
- Administered corporate physical security including: cameras, the creation of access badges and setting access permissions, reset door alarms and controllers.
- Created ad-hoc reports as requested from management or Human Resources.
- Maintained, monitored and controlled corporate telecommunications (voice, video and data).
- Setup and maintained user accounts: E-mail, internal business systems, computer data files, printers, copiers, phone accounts, etc.
- Maintained vendor relationships, where I evaluated and recommended acquisitions of computer hardware and software.
- Responsible for purchasing computer hardware and software, while staying on budget.
- Maintained inventory control of all computer equipment and software licensing control
- Provided technical support and training for hardware, software, and network.
- Remote desktop support for servers, internal users and field sales individuals
- Supported corporate smart phones including iPhones and Blackberries.
- Developed and maintained the corporate Internet/Intranet websites.
Confidential, 2004 – 2005
- Operations Project Coordinator supporting the business environment for internal departments.
- Coordinated efforts of cross-functional project team from assigned areas to meet project objectives.
- Analyzed process changes and coordinates the communication of those changes with the appropriate departments. Participated in UAT testing.
- Designed and completed ad-hoc reporting utilizing systems and data from a variety of technological sources including SQL and third party software. Ensured accuracy of reporting including daily, weekly or monthly reports.
- Reviewed audit reports from the IT Compliance team relating to the appropriate access level of any IT system. Submitted changes for irregularities found.
- Trained personnel on the use of all computer related equipment, software applications, and phones.
- Provided and promoted independent problem solving solutions for internal personnel.
- Maintained the functionality of all hardware, software, laptops and printers for the Credit and Customer Service Departments.
- Maintained internal departments Intranet sites.
Confidential, 1994 – 2003
- Managed Data Center presentation room environment for the use of winning new commercial business.
- Maintained, monitored and controlled Windows domain for internal department – computer workstations and servers.
- Evaluated and recommended acquisitions of computer hardware and software from various vendors.
- Provided technical support and training to executive management team.
- Specialized in trouble-shooting computer systems, and new system implementation.
- Co-authored ISO documentation for hardware support unit.
- Implemented and managed network printing solution for Data Center Operations.
- Co-engineered the rollout and configuration of new operating system on domain user’s workstations.
- Coordinated efforts of cross-functional project team to meet project objectives.
- Member of Disaster Recovery team.
- Member of the Y2K Team
- Developed and maintained business unit Intranet
- Documented system manuals for internal and external customers, and miscellaneous applications.
- Managed and maintained Web servers for internal business unit.
- Represented Data Center Operations as Project Lead for winning new commercial business.
- Prepared business strategies and proposals to support new business ventures.
- Improved a cost benefit analysis tool that calculated the cost for bringing in new business. This tool also improved the pricing strategy toward winning new business.
- Accountable for pricing and data center IT services that supported Sales and Marketing.
- Responsible for project management, logistics and implementation.
- Provided training and documentation on a new tool used by employees and external customers that improved efficiencies in their data processing.
- Maintained, monitored and controlled Windows domain for internal department.
- Maintained, monitored, and controlled distributed systems and mainframe backup solutions in a data center environment.
Confidential, 1984 – 1994
Senior Computer Operator
- Maintained, monitored, and controlled mainframe systems in a data center environment.
- Responsible for the maintenance of corporate business systems.
- Performed backups on a variety of servers and mainframes.
- Managed tape library.
- Accountable for meeting production commitments.
B.A. - Business Administration
- Microsoft Access, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Publisher, Outlook, Expression, Project, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Libre Office, Google Apps, Computer Associates Service Desk, Security Business Network (SBN), Microsoft Exchange 2007, Active Directory, DNS, WINS, Malwarebytes, NAS, iPhones, Blackberry’s, VeraSmart Call Accounting, CA Service Desk, RSA, Netspy, VTAM, INFOMAN, SAR, TSO, ISPF, SDSF, JES2, OpenView, Oracle VirtualBox, iTunes, VodaPhone phone system, Windows 3.1 through Windows 7, Windows Server NT though Windows Server 2008, Acronis, Hyper-V, Ubuntu, Linux, Apache, MySql, and PHP (LAMP) Ethernet, SQL, FTP, HTML, IIS, SQL Server 2008, Dreamweaver and Flash, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, SnagIt, Easy Label, Netspy, Symantec pcAnywhere, Logmein, Sharp Copiers, Zebra printers, Datamax printers and various laser printers and copiers, Norton Anti-Virus Enterprise Edition, AVG, Internet/Intranet, Wireless Networks, Routers, Hubs, variety of projection systems, AMX presentation system, Getner Tele/Video conferencing, CompTIA A+ Certified, DCJS Certified, UPS World Ship and FedEx Ship Manager, etc.