SKILLS: 17 years hand on experience in software development services in North America. Expertise includes Real Time, Multi-Tasking Embedded software system and general Web-based application system. From system analysis, specification, Object-Oriented design to coding, testing and maintenance on Microsoft Windows, VxWorks and Linux multi-platform environments.
- Embedded real-time (10 years. Vxworks 5 years, Linux 5 years)
- L2/L3 protocol: spanning tree, RIP, IGMP, OSPF, TSL, SSL. ...
- Design tools: Rational Rose (UML, OMT, ROOM) (7 years).
- Database: SQL Server, SQL anywhere, Crystal Report.
- Working Environment: Aviat networks is ISO9001 certified company. I basically followed the ISO 9001:2008 documentation requirements.
Dec. 19, 2011 - current
Senior member of the team to design and development of online streaming product. I am using C and C++, TI\'s dvsdk lib and Videolan\'s live555 lib to develop video encoding product, which supports MPEG-2, TS ES RTSP verity format of streaming. I dealt with a lot of network protocol issues, such as uni-casting or multi-casting and networking security issues.
Principal Software Engineer
March 2011 - Dec. 2011
The Company was a startup, We were designing a CPV system for solar power plant. As the Leader of a software team I responsible for design and developing the controller for sun tracking software system. I am using C++, BOOST Lib, DNP3, Ruby on real, Apache on Linux and Window OS.
Principal Software Engineer (Contractor)
Fab. 2011 - March. 2011
Senior member of the team to design and development of security feature for wind power plant controlling software system. Using C++, Apache on Linux and QNX environment.
Confidential, Durham, NCSenior Software Engineer
January 2007 - January 2011
Senior member of the team responsible for the design and development of the secure management (user security) feature of the embedded software for the Linux-based Eclipse point-to-point microwave communications radios. Focus on integrated Net SNMP v2, v3 and Open SSL to the system, developed exception handling and event logging modules for the system support, integrated TCP/IP, RIP, OSPF, T1/E1 and OC3 module to the eclipse radio system written in C/C++.
Confidential, Durham, NC
Microwave Communications Department
Senior Software Engineer
September 2003 - January 2007 (4 years)
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
Senior Software Designer
August, 2000 - December, 2002 (2 years and 5 months)
Participated in ClearBurst™ GB point-to-multipoint digital radio system Design and Implementation, ClearBurst GB delivers high-quality voice and high-speed data, with data rates of up to 180 Mbits/second. It is designed to meet the needs of small to medium enterprises and small office/home office customers seeking "last mile" access to high-speed networks. Focus on design and implement the convergent database objects and related infrastructure software for connection management component. Porting DC-ATM software to ClearBurst GB system, implement ATM routing protocol coding that includes PNNI and ILMI and MIB SNMP management tables interface. Design (UML) and implement alarm and modem protection component ( C++ STL).
Confidential, Kanata, Ontario
Engineering Service Department
March, 1998 - August, 2000 (2 years and 5 months)
Responsibilities: Perform a variety of software engineering work in analysis, design, coding and testing for the various software development projects on Windows platform. The projects involved as following:
- Participated in Nortel OC12 Site Manager Development project, PM (Performance Monitoring) component analysis and design. (VC++ on Window NT).
- Designed and implemented Window NT adapter component for a property security system SS100 that makes the hardware (such as video camera and field sensor.) To communicate with Window NT computer network system. Improves the hardware's monitoring and alarm performance(C and C++).
- Redesigned and ported a fingerprinting authentication system from Windows NT to Linux.
- Led a team to do the low level verification of the VGS system, which is a subsystem of the Spar Robotics Space Station (C).
- Participated in Defense Modeling and Simulation project for NAV CANADA. We used HLA federation object modeling framework and RTI to simulate Air battle for training purpose (C++ and Ada).
- Participated in iPBX Service Layer Components Design and Implementation, iPBX is a next-generation PBX system with voice over IP functionality.
May, 96 - Feb. 98 (2 years)
- Employed OMT Object Oriented Design methodology to design the EE subsystem, modeled the Database, and designed the GUI of the system (VC++).
- Implemented and coded the Database transaction and manipulation.
- Implemented front-end applications and back-end RDBMS (Oracle, SQL server and Sybase) connection with ODBC driver.
- Implemented Dialing up connection and security functionality on NT4/Window95 with Win32 SDK, Remote Access Service and Window socket objects.
- Employed Multithreading technology to implement Travel Document Reader applications.
- Developed report subsystem with Crystal Report designer tools.
- Developed image capture functionality with Watermark software package.
Engineering Mechanics Institute
August, 88 - May, 93 (5 years)
Project: IASCAD - an integrated CAD system for structural and architectural design
- Designed the system architecture.
- Developed engineering database and knowledge-base coding with Pascal and LISP.
- Developed drafting software-package and user interface coding with Turbo C.
- Maintained the system.
- Ported the IASCAD system to the IBM PC 286, 386 and 486 under MS DOS.
Graduate Student, Computer Science
M. S. Computational Mechanics
B. S. Mechanical Engineering
Certificate, ClearCase fundamental for Windows 2000
Certificate, ATM Internetworking 2001
Certificate, Tornado and VxWorks training 2000
Certificate, Object-Oriented Design and Project Management. 1997
Certificate, Oracle PL/SQL application language. 1996
Second prize, Awarded by committee of science and technology improvement of Liaoning province construction committee, P.R.China.
PROJECT: A CAD System for CE - GCAD. 10/90
Second prize, Awarded by National committee of computer engineering design software, P.R.China.
PROJECT: A CAD System for reinforced concrete structure. 10/91
L. Pan, Wanxie Zhong and Dianming Ding, "An Approach of Knowledge base for FCAD", APCOM, Aug. 3, 1993, Sydney, Australia.
L. Pan and Dianming Ding, " An Integrated CAD System for Architectural and Structural Design", EPMESC, AUG. 1, 1992, Dalian, PR China.