Solution oriented and operations specialist with over twenty year's leadership experience. Strong customer interfacing skills with a high level of business acumen. Have been responsible for 270 employees and 15 direct reports, including: Budget, Profit & Loss, Logistics, Distribution, Training/Development, Forecasting, Cost Analysis and Implementation of payroll and cost controls.
Independent Management & IT Consultant - Confidential, 8/2006 - Present
Sr. Training Project Manager, Project Manager, Business Analyst
- Manage from cradle to grave, including: SAP, PkMS, WMS, WMOS, Manhattan Associates, I-Series, Open Series, LMS, TMS, Yantra, Maddux, and Crystal Reports.
- Manage the WMS and WMOS implementations, coordinating the pilot site and then subsequent parallel site implementations.
- Interact with all end-users of the system to understand the key requirements and propose solutions.
- Analysis, design and development of the modifications per the client's requirement.
- Pre Go Live Support, Onsite Implementation, Technical and Functional support and Post Go Live support.
- Proactive in identifying critical business, technical, and/or operational issues.
- Responsible for managing multiple customer projects and relationships.
- Act as a trusted adviser between distribution, operations, logistics, executive team, management and IT staff. Provide comprehensive oversight for various training projects.
- Conduct classroom and hands on training for all WMS and WMOS applications and modules.
- Implemented inventory and process control strategies while maintaining service commitments in all areas.
- Standardized cycle count, picking, packing, pick to carton, work order, and returns processes through SOP development and menu structure improvements resulting in more predictable outcomes.
- All projects were delivered on budget and ahead of schedule.
- Helped design warehouse process flow maximizing space, material handling, equipment and software.
- Helped re-design a 55,000 Sku (1/2 million sq ft) warehouse by stocking slow-moving and fast-moving merchandise in easily accessible locations on the pickline, minimizing unnecessary handling and movement of inventory; looked at the engineering of the building and removed unnecessary racking, moved pickline and bulk items to coincide with dock doors, therefore increasing efficiency.
- Help write Standard Operating Procedures for many high profile clients.
- Responsible for Level 4 Training and Documentation and Presentation to Auditors.
Confidential, Birmingham, AL 10/2004 - 5/2006
Branch Manager/Distribution Center Manager
- Direct the work and all aspects of the management, office, warehouse, distribution center, inventory and CDL driver's staff.
- Execute company policies, procedures and in a professional, effective and timely matter. Responsible for the recruiting, interviewing, selecting and development.
- Train all staff on WMS/RF usage, and Train the Trainer.
- Translate business strategy & help employees understand their role in achieving objectives
- Look for opportunities to reinforce, reward, and celebrate accomplishments.
- Received Operational Excellence Award for Warehouse Operational Efficiency, Inventory Management, Distribution Management and Expense Management.
- Effective cost-cutting ideas led to combined savings of over $1,114,000 in a year.
- Branch Audit of Regional Distribution Center received best scores in history. Ideas, processes and procedures to become Regional standards, throughout the company.
- Developed internal training and processes to allow for the teams professional development.
Confidential, Birmingham, AL 10/2003 - 8/2004
Inventory Control Supervisor, Operations Supervisor
- Assure daily workload is completed in a timely and effective fashion.
- Insure all customer requirements are met and assure all company safety, quality and productivity standards are met.
- Investigate and resolve all inventory discrepancies; accuracy, quality, audits, integrity of all inventories.
- Responsible for all new hire orientation PkMS Training and Train the Trainer.
- Responsible for new ISO start up of 600,000 sq ft warehouse.
Confidential, Detroit, MI 5/2002 - 4/2003
Warehouse Operations Manager - Branch Office Vance, AL
- Oversaw all aspects of Mercedes Benz production parts warehouse.
- Trained staff on SAP and WMS. Wrote Standard Operating Procedures for Client.
- Responsible for customer/client service and satisfaction.
- Successfully completed first inventory ever done of the 18,000 Sku (250,000 sq ft) warehouse.
- Moved and Re-designed a 18,000 Sku (250,000 sq ft) warehouse by stocking fast-moving merchandise in easily accessible locations on the 1st floor very close to the customer window, and stocking slow moving merchandise on the 2nd or 3rd floors or bulky items in the 2nd warehouse, this minimized unnecessary handling and movement of inventory and therefore increased efficiency.
- Strategically scheduled shifts eliminating hiring new personnel to fill time.
- Restructured all shifts to leave no lapse time and to create a 24-7 business, thus, increasing the profit margin.
Confidential, Pelham, AL 11/1999 - 2/2002
Pick Supervisor, Systems Control Supervisor, Stock Supervisor
- Developed and maintained a system in AS400 and WMS for identification and tracking of non-compliance by vendors regarding new item warehouse setups.
- Oversaw warehouse distribution, production, order fulfillment, stocking, inventory, quality control and damages.
- Responsible for reviewing and reducing operating costs and maintaining a yearly budget.
- Worked as part of a team to study work habits and schedules to develop and implement labor and productivity standards.
- Member of the Safety Committee; wrote the monthly Safety Newsletter, helped develop a multi departmental Safety Incentive.
- Helped to re-design a 32,000 Sku (1 million sq ft) warehouse.
Confidential, Gadsden, AL 5/1994 - 11/1998
Quality Control, Chemical Batch Builder, Tire Builder
- Responsible for quality and integrity of all tires built.
- Accountable for trouble-shooting and maintaining keeping production advancing properly.
- Worked as part of a liaison team to facilitate communication between union members and management and a member of the Safety Team.
Confidential, Long Beach, CA 6/1986 - 2/1994
Regional Operations Manager, Operations Manager, Warehouse Manager, Production Supervisor, Sales
- Responsible for all day to day operations of multi-unit facilities.
- Worked extensively with the public, guaranteeing customer satisfaction through superior customer service skills, excelling in successfully resolving customer problems.
- Initiated wholesale program, increasing sales over 25%.
Certifications and Proficiencies
- SkillPath Certification for Interpersonal Communication Skills for Teams, & Enhancing Your Listening Skills and the Essentials of Communicating With Diplomacy and Professionalism.
- Franklin Covey Certification for Achieving Your Highest Priorities. Franklin Covey Certification for the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Executive Corporation Code of Ethics and Communication and Regulatory Compliance.
- Knowledgeable in OSHA, Sarbanes-Oxley, Local, State, Federal employment & EEO laws.
- Proficient user of Macintosh and DOS/Windows-based computers.
- Experienced with various software, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, Sharepoint, BAAN, SAP, PkMS, WMS, WMOS, Manhattan Associates, I-Series, Open Series, TMS, Yantra, Maddux, Crystal Reports, Smart Info, UNIX, Oracle, Kronos, AS400, Zebra printers and RF Technology.