VOIP Engineer Position in an Enterprise Environment.
Eleven years dedicated experience in IT network administration including building and implementing effective networks in enterprise environments using expertise in Cisco routers, switches, wireless access points, and IP telephony. Documented track record of identifying solutions and implementing network strategies that significantly and successfully contributed to company objectives.
Recognized for strong problem solving, organization and interpersonal skills contributing to the success of many high profile projects as well as the ability to convey complex technical information for audience acceptance. Regarded as a diligent learner and team player.
Confidential, Houston, Texas May 2010 - Present
Staff Consultant for CompuCom
- Configured and installed Cisco routers and switches supporting several BP Crisis Communication centers in Alabama and Louisiana.
- Installed new network consisting of Cisco Catalyst switches and Cisco routers at the BP Command center in New Orleans, Louisiana,
- Senior VOIP engineer at the BP Incident Command Post at Houma, Louisiana.
- Worked in BP's staging area, configuring and testing new equipment for deployment to remote sites, which included Cisco 4507's, 3945's, 2960's, WLC5508, and WAVE-574.
- Installed new VOIP system with SRST for AmeriPrise Financial.
Confidential, Houston, Texas 2000 - 2009
- Managed and maintained a Cisco data infrastructure of routers and switches which included these platforms: 7500, 7300, 6500 (VSS), 5500, 5350, 4900, 4500, 3800, 3750(E), 3560(E) 2800, 1800.
- Administered IP phone network with Cisco Call Manager and Unity and implemented global VOIP dial plan for PGS which resulted in 70% cost reduction in long distance. Maintained and managed Cisco IP phones for 500 users at 4 sites in the greater Houston area.
- Diagnosed and corrected serious network loop adversely affecting business communications which resulted in dramatic improvement to workplace productivity.
- Designed network topology, implemented, and managed two Cisco 6500s with VSS technology in a core-distribution architecture utilizing 10Gb and Multi-Chassis Etherchannel trunks to the access layer which resulted in fully functional computer infrastructure.
- Implemented and managed a wireless network using Cisco and BlueSocket access points with a BlueSocket 5200 Controller which resulted in full use of wireless network connections for company employees.
- Partnered with members of the Network Competency Group which established company standards for vendor hardware, best practices for security and facilitated internal transfer of technical knowledge and network design.
- Analyzed, designed, and configured SRST routers for remote site telephony which resulted in accurate caller ID communication for emergency services.
- Evaluated vendor hardware/software products for the design and deployment of WAN trouble shooting tool and tested Network Instrument's Observer for consideration.
- Administered Tandberg Video Conference network using 990 MXP, 95 Edge MXP, Tandberg Management System, Video Communications Server, Video Communications Server Expressway.
Confidential, Houston, Texas 1999 - 2000
- Installed new computers, upgraded network and configured desktops for insurance client which met contract specifications.
- Maintained all client/server software and hardware, including Windows NT 4.0,95, and NT workstations for both the company and the insurance client.
- Automated process for rebuilding laptops and desktops by developing standard images using imaging software which resulted in greater efficiency and reduced time and expense for rebuilding computers.
Confidential, Houston, Texas 1998 - 1999
Technical Support Representative
- Supported users on two different networks with Novell 3.12/Windows NT 4.0 network.
- Performed role of procurement manager and purchased high volume of desktops, laptops and printers which amounted to over $1 million per quarter in expense to budget.
- Recognized for proficiency in multitasking while providing a high level of customer support.
Confidential, Houston, Texas 1985 - 1998
- Recognized with multiple awards for superior sales in marketing Campbell Soup products to Houston area establishments.
- Secured key product placement for Campbell products with the Kroger account using developed computer-generated schematics that guaranteed proper shelf allocation.
- Won several sales contests and thrived in a competitive atmosphere using high service approach which resulted in sales revenue increases and significant market share in the grocery industry.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATES
Bachelor of Science in Technology
Current certification: Cisco CCNA, CCNP since 1999.
Recently earned Cisco CCNP-Voice certification, Feb, 2011.