Over seven + years of software lifecycle experience with Application Software Test Design, Development and Implementations, also with the experience of gathering, creating, documenting and analyzing requirements for software projects. Front-end GUI testing of web, client/server applications, basic backend testing of databases, data warehousing, regression testing, functional testing, integration testing, system testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), end-to end testing, Boundary Analysis Testing, and Adhoc Testing. Ability to communicate effectively with multifunctional teams, programmers and technical staffs at all levels. Over a year of basic knowledge of automated testing, designing and implementing test environment, defect management, work instructions and group notes. Maintain excellent relationships with client management in implementing solutions that reduces risk; ensure compliance with SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) and provision for continuous optimization of clients business.
Programming Languages: HTML, Basic SQL, Visual Basic 6, Java
Software/Databases: SharePoint, Epicor, Silverlight Platform, Altiris, Oracle 8/9i, MS SQL Server 2003 & 2005, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Data Warehouse, Test Partner, Quality Center, LoadRunner 6.5, Quick TestPro, PeopleSoft.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows/2007/XP/Server, MS DOS, Novell, Linux
Areas of Expertise: Quality Management, Quality Center, Production Deployment, Client Testing Management, UAT-Testing, Testing Methodologies, Defect Management, SDLC, Test Management, Risk Management
Confidential, Houston, TX Aug 09 - Present
Software Test Engineer
- Create project related test deliverables (i.e. test plan, test case(s), test summary report and test strategy) and document all phases of the testing process.
- Use knowledge of applications to provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and resolving moderately complex test problems.
- Serve as a coordinator for all testing activities on a project. Analyze requirements and provide feedback, tests, and certified application-specific software and performed ambiguity reviews of business requirements and functional specification documents.
- Conduct variance management by analyzing and verifying test results, provide status and progress reports, using Test Director.
- Develop business strategies and quality processes/programs that ensures customer satisfaction, continuous process improvements and maximum efficiency and effectiveness of resources to ensure timely delivery of high-quality services to our clients. This includes the processes, procedures and measurements associated with application and systems development, testing and implementation.
- Wrote and maintained Test Cases, Test Plans, and Scenarios using TestDirector.
- Involved in automated testing using WinRunner tool.
- Wrote PL/SQL queries to generate dataset for each particular test run and created data tables for initial testing.
- Designed and Executed Automated Scripts.
- Prepare Defect Report, Weekly Status Reports, and Bug tracking.
- Performed execution of test cases manually to verify the expected results.
- Involved in defect tracking and customized reports on defects using TestDirector.
- Interaction with client on Business Requirements, Change Requests
- Developed and maintained automated test scripts to support Regression testing.
- Develop automated test scripts from manual test cases for Regression
testing based on the requirement documents using QuickTest Pro.
- Created QTP scripts for all three testing stages such as Functional testing, Integration testing, Regression testing
- Monitored the CPU, memory, and network utilizations on the Unix server using Site Scope monitor
- Tested applications functionality, which is based on Java applets, XML and a customized SQL Server database.
- Involved in modifying and writing TSL language scripts.
- Performed Functional and System Integration Testing for all interfaces.
- Was involved in User Acceptance Testing.
- Performed Manual Testing and Automated Testing
- Generated SQL and Run Query to generate Reports (Front-end) and compare the results with that of DB2 (back-end).
- Create Requirements using TestDirector and generate Traceability Matrix to ensure that all the requirements are covered by the test cases
- Execution of test cases, verification the actual results against the expected and documenting in the test plan.
- Automated Test plans, Test cases, and test scripts using TestDirector and QuickTest Pro.
Confidential, New Orleans LAJune 06 - July 09
Quality Assurance Analyst (Lead)
- Analyzed Business Requirements and System Specification documents and created Test cases and executed Test cases in Quality Center 9.0.
- Created VB scripts in QT Pro for functional testing and also responsible for Load testing using LoadRunner.
- Performed Manual testing of CMS Application to verify all Business Rules and Features involved in the system and also to test the interaction of CMS Application with SAP, Batches, Interfaces and Reporting modules.
- Involved in testing multilingual screens in the CMS Application.
- Tracked and logged defects in Quality Center 9.0 and coordinated meetings with developers and business analysts to prioritize the bugs.
- Used Quality Center 9.0 for executing test sets, collecting test results, and analyzing the data
- Analyzed and reviewed the Business Requirements and System specification documents using Requisite Pro.
- Conducted Multi Browser testing on IE6.5, Netscape, and Fire Fox. The protocol used is TCP/IP
- Logged various types of defects in Quality Center 9.0 like Functional, Critical, Significant, and Cosmetic.
- Used Quality Center to store Quick Test Pro scripts and its test results, enabling entire QA and development team to effectively collaborate to improve application quality.
- Interact closely with the business users from project initiation phase to the implementation phase in order for the successful completion of system testing and regression testing through the QTP 9.1 and Quality Center
- Performed Manual Testing of web application and automated it by using QTP.
- Converted manual test scripts into automated scripts by QTP.
- Performed Data Driven testing for various data sets using QTP.
- Used GUI, Text, Bitmap, Database checkpoints and synchronization statements extensively to customize the QTP scripts.
- Enhanced Quick Test script(VB Script) using different User-Defined-Functions.
- Prepared Test cases to scenarios and scripting in Quick Test Pro 9.1.
- Running automated regression tests on daily basis using Quick Test Pro through Test Lab in Quality Center 9.0.
- Tracked and logged defects in Clear Quest through Quality Center 9.0.
- Conducted Backend Testing using PL/SQL queries to validate data for Account and Loan Verification
Environment: VB, .Net, MS SQL Server, HTML, XML, SQL, VB Script, Quality Center, Quick Test Professional, Rational Rose Tools, LoadRunner, Windows 2000 Server.
Confidential, Houston, TX Oct 04 - April 06
Software Functional Tester
- Tested loan transactions on web-based SLE 2.5 Cash Management system, written in Java.
- Wrote test cases for Loan Summary, Loan History, View Projected Loan Summary and Investment Holiday Calendar screens.
- Performed smoke and functional tests on screens to verify values, including Accrued Rebate.
- Used TOAD to view database tables.
- Prepared system test cases for regression testing and system integration testing (SIT).
- Developed test cases and scripts, documented QA processes for usability, functionality, performance, hardcopy user manuals with online help.
- Secured and managed the versions by check in and checkout using Version Control System Visual Source safe (VSS).
- Submitted daily & weekly reports to the project manager and updated ATP and QA Status.
- Technologies: ETL, Test Plans, Test Scripts, VSS, ATP, Data Warehouse.
BS- Business Management and Project Management