- 10+ years in Information Technology with Expertise in Data modeling for Data Warehouse/Data Mart development, Data Analysis for Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) and Data Warehousing (OLAP)/Business Intelligence (BI) applications.
- Exposure in overall SDLC including requirement gathering, development, testing, debugging, deployment, documentation, production support and Extensive experience in Project Management methodologies, Microsoft SQL Server database management, OBIEE.
- Involved in various projects related to Data Modeling, System/Data Analysis, Design and Development for both OLTP and Data warehousing environments.
- Facilitateddatarequirement meetings with business and technical stakeholders and resolved conflicts to drive decisions.
- Worked extensively on Erwin and ER Studio in several projects in both OLAP and OLTP applications.
- Practical understanding of the Data modeling (Dimensional & Relational) concepts like Star-Schema Modeling, Snowflake Schema Modeling, Fact and Dimension tables.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in process improvement, normalization/de-normalization, data extraction, data cleansing, data manipulation.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimensions - Type I & II in Dimension tables as per the requirements.
- Familiarity and experience in the work environment consisting of Business analysts, Production Support teams, Subject Matter Experts, Database Administrators and Database developers
- Good understanding of views, Synonyms, Indexes, Joins and Partitioning.
- Experience in extracting, transforming and loading (ETL) data from spreadsheets, database tables and other sources using Microsoft SSIS and Informatica.
- Created, documented and maintained logical and physical database models in compliance with enterprise standards and maintained corporate metadata definitions for enterprisedatastores within a metadata repository.
- Established and maintained comprehensivedatamodel documentation including detailed descriptions of business entities, attributes, anddatarelationships.
- Developed mapping spreadsheets for (ETL) team with source to targetdatamapping with physical naming standards,datatypes, volumetric, domain definitions, and corporate meta-datadefinitions.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills and established track record of client interactions
- Data Modeling Tools: Erwin r7.1/7.2, ER Studio V8.0.1 and Oracle Designer
- OLAP Tools: Microsoft Analysis Services, Business Objects
- ETL Tools: Microsoft SSIS and Informatica 7.1.3
- Programming Languages: SQL, T-SQL, Base SAS and SAS/SQL, HTML
- Database Tools: Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, DB2, Oracle 10g/9i, MS Access, Teradata
- Packages: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project 2010, SAP Business Objects
- Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7 and UNIX
Confidential, Sep 2010 - Present
Role: Sr. Data Modeler / Data Analyst
Amfam Personal Markets provides full lines of coverage for private passenger automobile, homeowners, valuable possessions and personal liability through its own sales force in more than 400 offices throughout the U.S
- Studied in-house requirements for the Data warehouse to be developed
- Conducted one-on-one sessions with business users to gather data warehouse requirements
- Analyzed database requirements in detail with the project stakeholders by conducting Joint Requirements Development sessions
- Developed a Conceptual model using Erwin based on requirements analysis
- Developed normalized Logical and Physical database models to design OLTP system for insurance applications
- Created dimensional model for the reporting system by identifying required dimensions and facts using Erwin r7.1
- Used forward engineering to create a Physical Data Model with DDL that best suits the requirements from the Logical Data Model
- Worked with Database Administrators, Business Analysts and Content Developers to conduct design reviews and validate the developed models
- Identified, formulated and documented detailed business rules and Use Cases based on requirements analysis
- Facilitated development, testing and maintenance of quality guidelines and procedures along with necessary documentation
- Responsible for defining the naming standards for data warehouse
- Generated ad-hoc SQL queries using joins, database connections and transformation rules to fetch data from legacy DB2 and SQL Server database systems
- Exhaustively collected business and technical metadata and maintained naming standards
- Used Erwin for reverse engineering to connect to existing database and ODS to create graphical representation in the form of Entity Relationships and elicit more information
- Used Informatica Designer, Workflow Manager and Repository Manager to create source and target definition, design mappings, create repositories and establish users, groups and their privileges
- Used Model Mart of Erwin for effective model management of sharing, dividing and reusing model information and design for productivity improvement
- Extracted data from the databases (Oracle and SQL Server, DB2, FLAT FILES) using Informatica to load it into a single data warehouse repository.
- Facilitated in developing testing procedures, test cases and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Integrated the work tasks with relevant teams for smooth transition from testing to implementation
Environment: Erwin r7.1, Informatica 7.1.3, Windows XP/NT/2000, SQL Server 2005/2008, SQL, Oracle10g,DB2, MS Excel, Mainframes MS Visio, Rational Rose, Requisite Pro
Confidential, June 2008- July 2010
Role: Sr. Data Modeler
Description: The objective of this project is to develop a data warehouse to fulfill reporting needs and develop new marketing strategies. The data comes from source systems such as life applications to feed the business intelligence system. Apart from this there was data coming from flat files and other databases too. Tracking insurance policies and investments in marketing tables to drive better decision making by integrating relevant data into the Data Warehouse is the requirement to be designed and implemented.
- Worked on multiple projects with different business units including Insurance actuaries
- Gather the various reporting requirement from the business analysts.
- Gather all the Sales analysis report prototypes from the business analysts belonging to different Business units; Participated in JAD sessions involving the discussion of various reporting needs.
- Reverse engineered the reports and identified the Data Elements (in the source systems), Dimensions, Facts and Measures required for new enhancements of reports.
- Conduct Design discussions and meetings to come out with the appropriate Data Mart at the lowest level of grain for each of the Dimensions involved.
- Designed a STAR schema for the detailed data marts and Plan data marts involving confirmed dimensions.
- Created and maintained the Data Model repository as per company standards.
- Conduct Design reviews with the business analysts and content developers to create a proof of concept for the reports.
- Ensured the feasibility of the logical and physical design models;
- Collaborated with the Reporting Team to design Monthly Summary Level Cubes to support the further aggregated level of detailed reports.
- Worked on the Snow-flaking the Dimensions to remove redundancy.
- Designed Sales Hierarchy dimensions to handle sales hierarchy reporting historically and dynamically
- Worked with the Implementation team to ensure a smooth transition from the design to the implementation phase
- Worked closely with the ETL SSIS Developers to explain the complex Data Transformation using Logic
- Created ETL Jobs and Custom Transfer Components to move data from Oracle Source Systems to SQL Server usingSSIS,
Environment: CA ERWIN r7, Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2005, PL/SQL, PeopleSoft V8, Toad, Informatica ,Power Centre 6.0, Case Management System, Business Objects
Confidential, April 2005 - May 2008
Role: Data Analyst/Data Modeler
Description: Soarian Financials is an IT solution designed to streamline patient administration and revenue cycle management. Soarian Financials is workflow-driven - pushes claims edits to the front end of the process to promote proactive claims management and eliminate costly re-work, and Role-based - can be adapted to assign the right information to the right person at the right time, helping you to generate cleaner claims, avoid denials, increase cash flow, and reduce manual effort. The Project Involved building a centralized Data ware house to support the reporting projection analysis at corporate level.
- Conductedmajor stakeholder interviews involving SME's, Business Analysts and other stakeholders to determine the requirements.
- Translated the business requirements into workable functional and non-functional requirements at detailed production level using Workflow Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Use Case Modeling.
- Identified and compiled common business terms for the new health care system that become central part of communication among project stakeholders to avoid ambiguity
- Worked at conceptual/logical/physical data model level using Erwin according to requirements.
- Involved in exhaustive documentation for technical phase of the project and training materials for all data management functions
- Used Reverse Engineering approach to redefine entities, relationships and attributes in the data model as per new specifications in Erwin after analyzing the database systems currently in use
- Enforced referential integrity in the OLTP data model for consistent relationship between tables and efficient database design
- Developed the required data warehouse model using Star schema for the generalized model
- Used forward engineering approach for designing and creating databases for OLAP model
- Conducted design walk through sessions with Business Intelligence team to ensure that reporting requirements are met for the business
- Developed Data Mapping, Data Governance, Transformation and Cleansing rules for the Master Data Management Architecture involving OLTP, ODS and OLAP
- Collaborated with ETL, BI and DBA teams to analyze and provide solutions to data issues and other challenges while implementing the OLAP model.
- Developed and maintained data dictionary to create metadata reports for technical and business purpose.
- Created action plans to track identified open issues and action items related to the project
- Prepared analytical and status reports and updated the project plan as required
Environment: CA Erwin, MS Visio, Oracle 9i, Oracle Designer, SQL Server2000/ 2005,Informatica, Crystal Reports 9, XML, Rational Rose and SQL Server Reporting Services
Confidential, Jan 2001 - Mar 2005
Role: System Analyst
Description: SIRIUS is a joint venture between Siemens Med SW and Siemens HS IM. The SIRIUS Workplace application provides the functionalities needed to address the diagnostic imaging process such as the imaging workflow (exam preparation, reporting, verification), and image distribution, including functionalities to visualize, input, and modify image data. The functionalities of SIRIUS Workplace are suited to cater to integrate the radiological business process, providing from powerful image display, manipulation and post processing capabilities to almost seamless integration with the information systems. Therefore, providing the user, a truly workflow oriented workplace.
- Provided analysis support for defects and/or incoming incidents or user requests.
- Responsible for evaluating and understanding Business Requirements.
- Provided application support during the build and test phases of the SDLC for their product.
- Responsible for reporting status regarding assignments to the System Analyst Lead for their product.
- Provided Subject Matter Expertise to System Analyst Leads, Developers and Testers.
- Provided feedback to the System Analyst Lead on potential future improvements for the product.
- Participated in defect resolution and coordination.
- Provided investigation and root cause analysis support for operational issues.
- Served as one of the authors for Integration Test Specification.
- Handled Code reviews of the component to reduce the bug density of the component.
- Carried out the development of configuration utilities like HP (Hanging Protocol) editor.
C++, VC++, MFC, Java, SQL, PLSQL, Microsoft ASP.NET, SOAP, Oracle, Windows XP
Diploma in Advanced Computing
Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering)