Director of Information Technology: Merging Business With Technology
Information Technology Leadership... Budgeting & Cost Control...
Network Design ... Customer Service ... Technology Infrastructure...
Project Management ... System Implementation... IT Consulting...
Operations ... Strategic Analysis & Internal Consulting
Risk Assessment & Management... Business Intelligence...
Customer Relationship Management ...
Strategic & Tactical Planning ... Data Mining & Integration ...
HIPAA...Data Security...Disaster Recovery...
A precedent setting executive exemplifies leadership as the "Go to Guy" capable of creating, strategizing and growing profitable scenarios within distinctly different, competitive environments. As a technology integrator, possesses the business skills to prioritize between conflicting mandates. An advocate for the user and business side, drives success via excellence in customer service and common sense strategies. He maximizes ROI while creating opportunity out of chaos by providing cost effective processes, and predictable budgets. Consistently transforms technology departments, from a necessary evil, to a positive, profitable and integral part of their company.Accomplishments
- 100% under budget 100% of the time. Introduced systems and processes which enabled me to create and implement predictable budgets, avoiding wild swings in capital expenditures, and gave me the enviable record of never running over budget.
- Slashed long distance costs by 70% by establishing a MPLS Network & VOIP Telephone System. Reduced local and toll free costs by over 40% through consolidation and least cost routing.
- Improved internal user total satisfaction with IT more than 20% in two years by initiating and implementing a low cost Internal Customer Satisfaction System which improved efficiencies and relationships. Achieving totally satisfied scores of 95% meant users spent more time being productive and less time arguing with IT.
- Utilizing my leadership and visionary skills, lead the companywide annual strategic planning process for three years. This resulted in the company achieving 100% of its strategic goals, unheard of in prior years.
- Led the national association by being the first to implement a Customer Relationship System (CRM) into our ERP system. By getting a total profile of the client, the company was able to increase revenue by maximizing sales and minimizing costs per customer, instead of trying to increase an already unmovable market share.
- Successfully integrated two IT Departments during a difficult merger by utilizing "best practices", as well as my own personal philosophies of cost effectiveness vs. cheap, and the value of customer service.
1986 - 2009 Confidential, Pennsylvania
2007 - 2009 Director of IT & Facilities / CIO
Accountable for the strategic technological direction of the club, all of the IT personnel, budgeting, systems, as well as maintaining the office facilities of 12 different branches.
2002 - 2007 Director of IT / CIO
Accountable for the strategic technological direction of the club, all of the IT personnel, budgeting, and systems.
1997 - 2002 Manager of Information Systems
Accountable for "hands on" operations within 3 facilities. Reporting to the CEO, created the first IT department.
1994 - 1997 Branch Manager, Confidential
Accountable for the staff, sales & service, physical facility and the budget.
1988 - 1994 Branch Manager, Confidential
Accountable for the actual branch start-up, as well as the staff, sales & service, physical facility and the budget.
1986 - 1988 Travel Counselor, Confidential
Accountable for assisting with auto travel, license and title work, and emergency roadside assistance
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science