- 8+ years of IT experience includes:
- Windows 2000/2003 and 2008 Server Administration
- Active Directory Administration
- Administration of DNS and DHCP servers
- Administration of IIS
- Windows, network & enterprise security management
- Infrastructure & capacity planning
- Server consolidation, and Data Center Operations
- LAN/WAN/Network Administration
- 7 years of experience in DNS and DHCP servers
- Web administration experience includes working with IIS
- Antivirus Management with Norton, AVG, McAfree.
- Worked in large enterprise environments Windows 2000/2003 and 2008 servers
- Monitored & managed more than 500 devices including Network devices, Servers & tools
- 7 years of experience in Active Directory Administration
- 6 years of experience in LAN/WAN administration
- 8 years of experience in Backup & Disaster Recovery planning using Norton Ghost
- Participated in Windows design and systems architecture work
- Performed several Windows 2000 to 2003 upgrades
- 2 years of experience working with MS Clustering
- 2 years of experience demonstrated experience using project management methodology
- Database experience includes supporting SQL server 2000/2005 databases
- Worked with TCP/IP network protocols
- 5 years of experience working with CISCO Routers and Switches
- Has worked extensively on virtualization technology VMware ESX.
- On-Call Support and Production support experience
- Has good end-user support and customer service experience
- Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP) Nov 2010.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) Sep 2010
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) May 2004
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Dec 2003
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) Nov 2003
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) Aug 2003
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) (Training)
- Check Point Certified Security Administrator (CCSA) (Training)
- A+ (Training)
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 9x, NT, Me, 2000 Pro,2003 Server, XP, 2003 Server, Vista,
Windows 7, 2008 Server, 2008 Server R2, Redhat Linux, Ubanto, Suse, Apple MAC OSX 10.5.
Services & Protocols:
RIS, RAS, WDS, IP Address, Cabling, TCP/IP, SMTP, POP3, HTTP, HTTPS,
WINS, DNS, DHCP, File Server, Backup Server, Print Server, Users and Groups,
Group Policy, IP Security, IIS, Installation Backup and Restore of Active Directory
Service, Domain Controller, Backup Domain Controller, Child Domain Controller,
Tree Domain Controller, Hyper-V, FTP, Telnet, TFTP, NNTP, IMAP, VPN, Firewall,
Internetwork Operating System of Routers (2500/2600) and Switches (1900/2900),++
IP Routing Static, Default, Dynamic-( RIPv1, RIPv2, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF,BGP), Access
Control List DHCP, NAT, PAT, Subnetting, Frame Relay, ISDN, PPP (CHAP,PAP),
VLAN, Trunking (VTP, ISL, DOT1Q), STP, CDP, RDP.
Virtualization: Vmware, Vitual PC, Virtual Box, Hyper-V
Messaging and Collaboration: Exchange server 2000 , 2003, 2007 / Active Directory /Microsoft Outlook.
Anti-Virus: Symantec Antivirus, AVG, Mcafree, Norton.
Network Servers: Windows2000/2003 server with Active Directory, VPN, DHCP, DNS, WINS, FTP, IIS 5.0/6.0/7.0, MS ISA 2004, and MS SQL Server 2000/2005, Terminal Server, File Server,
Backup Server, Print Server.
Software Packages: MS Office 2010/2007/2003/XP MS Outlook 2010/2007/2003/XP
Network Security: Cisco Routers and Switches, IPSec.
Communication Technician.( Nov 2011-Jan 2012)
Contracted with Bayer Healthcare's Berkeley site for Taking Care of Network over 1500 PCs, Printers, Scanners, Switches, Routers, Wireless Access Points, NMS, MPLS, IP Addressing, Subnetting and IP Phones . Highly analytical approach with the ability to work with corporate leaders, staff, and customers to convert complex requirements into actionable project plans. Strong knowledge of end-user support and application troubleshooting. Proactive problem solver, implementing solutions with careful consideration to the bottom line, long-sighted goals, feasibility and ease of use. Strong team builder, skilled at inspiring confidence, leading by example and building high-performance teams committed to quality. Capable of handling crisis situations in a calm and capable manner. Having diverse technical experience and background.
Desktop Support II(Aug 2011 - Nov 2011)
Contracted with Bayer Healthcare's Berkeley site for migration of over 1500 PCs from a Windows XP environment to Windows 7. Highly analytical approach with the ability to work with corporate leaders, staff, and customers to convert complex requirements into actionable project plans. Strong knowledge of end-user support and application troubleshooting. Proactive problem solver, implementing solutions with careful consideration to the bottom line, long-sighted goals, feasibility and ease of use. Strong team builder, skilled at inspiring confidence, leading by example and building high-performance teams committed to quality. Capable of handling crisis situations in a calm and capable manner. Having diverse technical experience and background.
- Application Architecture & designing
- Providing the resolutions for Windows server issues
- Administration of applications including DNS, DHCP and IIS servers.
Environment: Windows server 2008, DNS, DHCP, MS Virtual Machine, LANDesk Provisioning Software, Gold disk
Sr. Network Administrator (Mar 2010-Dec 2010).
Status- Full Time
- Administration of Windows 2003/2008 Servers like ADC, DNS, DHCP and IIS.
- Maintaining the Terminal servers on windows 2003/2008
- Administration of Online Windows 2003 Network Environment and maintaining the high availability of the servers.
- Administration of VMWare Virtualization.
- Maintaining the DNS and DHCP servers.
- Maintaining the Local site for users with daily updates using IIS.
- Administrating Win2003/2008 servers, Creating user Id's, Rights and access options
- Creating Backup Jobs and Monitoring Backup Schedules
- Maintaining 50 Thin clients using Terminal server
- Maintaining the Cisco router, Switches & leased
- Installed and configured Trend Micro Office Scan for Antivirus
Network Administrator (Feb 2005-Jan-2010)
- Backup and restore of Active Directory Service and Client images.
- Configured and managed AD, Exchange, WSUS, WDS and backup servers.
- Established security policies for systems, and designed and managed secure networks for clients.
- Management, Administration, fault tolerance of network infrastructure (DHCP, DNS, ADS).
- Configured servers to meet specific requirements, including hard drives, memory, planners, video cards, raid arrays, and load software.
- Installing and maintaining various standard software as per user requirements.
- Maintain and design secure networks for clients.
- Established Server Pool utilized to coordinate, track and insure proper use and accountability.
- Configuring and troubleshooting Active Directory Windows 2003/2008
- Setup of Network and Fax printers and backup.
- Symantec Antivirus : Installation, Administration, Migration, Definition updates.(Symantec corporate edition)
- Lotus Notes - Management, Administration, Installation and backup.
- File Server management using Ubanto, Redhat, Windows OS.
- Documentation of Network Infrastructure Using Visio.
- Managed 600 Users in three different locations.
- Training for New Users and setup of software.
Service Engineer (Jan 2004-Jan 2005).
Status- Full Time
- Monitored and controlled stock component, and placed orders for required hardware component
- Handled customer calls and solved complex issues
- Assisted senior managers in understanding the scope and nature of the methods of hardware upgradation
- Updated new technologies and current market trends to the higher authorities
- Monitored quality and current status of computer hardware along with electrical circuitry and electronics
- Responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing various hardware products
- Handled the tasks of reviewing user calls
- Maintained secure network and kept operating systems to run effectively.