A CPA and PMP certified professional with over Fifteen (15) Years of extensive experience business applications, especially BI.
Highly motivated, action-oriented, results-driven with broad experience on Data warehouse design, ETL, BI (Cognos) development and SQL programming. Thorough understanding of business and technical domain of dimensional modeling. Solid SQL 2005 hands on experience.
Demonstrated ability to identify root causes of problems, consider both the long and short-term impact. Ability to manage (Multiple) project tasks with changing priorities and tight deadlines.
Demonstrated ability to work well with corporate management or system users. Foster cooperation and collaboration among individuals with business partners or in working unit. Help team resolve conflicts constructively. Ability and willingness to communicate when help is needed. A Self-starter, team player and fast learner with a positive attitude. Always curious and be fresh on the latest of industry and market trend. Thrive in challenges.
Direct interaction with customers. Clear written and oral presentation skills. Ability to articulate alternative solutions. Strong listening, interpersonal & analytical skills.
Fluent in English and Chinese.
MS SQL Server
August 2007 – August 2009: Confidential,IT Application Manager
- Led BI evaluation and KPI forum. Designed architecture with MS Office as frontend, SharePoint as web and engine, SQL server 2008 with SSAS/SSRS/SSIS as backend.
- Led full SDLC ERP, QA projects. Implemented QAD and MasterControl. Integrated QAD, MasterControl, FedEx, FormTrap. Worked closely with business partners to analyze and document requirements, develop system architecture, select appropriate technology, implement solutions and integrate them to existing systems.
- Act as IT liaison to the business to make key decisions on project priority, budget, timing and resources. Worked closely with IT core Team: Controller, Director FP&A, Director Supply Chain, Sr. Dir. Customer Service, Dir. QA, Dir. Manufacturing Dir. IT and other senior business leader driving IT initiatives.
- Responsible for Project Plan, SOW, Change Management, Project Executive Summary, Software Requirement Spec, Functional Spec, RFP, System Design, Risk Analysis, User Acceptance Test Plan, Conference Room Pilot, validation, go live and lesson learned.
- Key contributor in setting IT goals and short-term, long-term planning, work closely with infrastructure and DBA team to align internal resources and schedule with business.
- Provided support and customization to all enterprise applications. Developed monitoring system to make sure applications are available 7x24. SQL 2005 DBA.
- Vendor Management: Negotiated contract and provided guideline on deliverables and schedule. Coordinated internal and vendor resources. Maintained good vendor relationship.
April 2004 – June 2007: Confidential,Analyst/DBA/Programmer
- Led Congos Planning and BI (ReportNet, Powerplay, Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Transformer, Access Manager, Contributor, Analyst and web portal), acted as project manager, architect, analyst and DBA.
- Managed financial, CRM, operation and HR data marts. Designed data mapping and wrote scripts to transform data. Designed metadata and database star schema. Managed ETL and DTS to retrieve data. Ensured data quality by defining rules to automatic check integrity and send out email alerts.
- Designed cubes, Created reports to publish on Cognos Portal. Integrated authentication with AD. Conducted users interview, demo and training. Assisted developer solving issues.
- Implemented enhancement according changed requirement, created detailed documentation.
- MS SQL Server and MySQL DBA, using SQL to develop queries and reports. managing fathom management, fathom replication and data warehouse. Designed ODBC.
- Led ERP projects:
- Full SDLC QAD upgrade from 9.0 to eB2.1 SP5.
- Europe implementation (multiple domain), EDI/e-Commerce between US and Europe DB. Managed Citrix Metaframe enabling Europe users remote access.
- Integrated Sabrix with QAD, automating update rate, exempt, jurisdiction and other tax related information.
- Other initiatives: Invoice/PO 2-way matching, Cycle count programs, wireless barcode, shipping solution, all of them are core components of six sigma campaign.
- QAD full validation: conducted risk analysis, wrote Master Validation Plan and IQ, OQ, PQ scripts, executed with users and successfully passed FDA audit.
- Customization using Progress, use StreamServe to print official documents.
- Migrated QAD test servers onto VMWare ESX platform.
- Led K2 implementation with PTO request/approval, purchase requisition, Facility/IT request work flows.
- Created the 1st iteration of company intranet. Used SharePoint for project portfolio management, created message board for IT CCB to review and prioritize. Participated in IT CCB monthly meeting.
- Wrote software change procedure, application data management process. Managed security on network, DB and application levels. worked with Compliance Manager and PWC successfully passed SOX audit.
- Provided 7X24 support for BI and ERP systems on OS, DB and Apps layers.
June 2002 – April 2004 Confidential,IT Project Manager
- Led PLM and ERP evaluation. Implemented/Integrated Agile, QAD, Mentor Graphics, Solidworks and Crystal Report. DBA on Oracle and Progress.
- Designed/Implemented barcode system.
- Migrated networking infrastructure to Cisco and all servers to Windows 2000 Server. Revamped backup/restore strategy with Veritas Backup Exec.
- Managed security/firewall and communication between Gluon and 3rd parties. Manage other servers/services including PBX, Intranet, MS Exchange, BES server, Blackberry etc.
- Designed/enforced product change control process, ECO classification, revision control guideline, ECO/MCO forms and item numbering system.
- Worked closely with Engineering and Manufacturing, build consensus on item master, BOM, AML/AVL.
- Chaired CCB. Managed ECOs.
May 1998 – June 2002: Confidential, IT Manager
- With 6 direct reports, oversaw IT functions. Developed/enforced IT policies and procedures and standards. Built infrastructure to keep up with business growth.
- Led enterprise application initiatives. Responsible for budget, cost control and resource. Implemented/managed/integrated QAD and Agile corporate-wide (2 US sites and 3 Chinese sites), which partially enabled ISO 9000 certification.
- Chaired weekly core team meeting and monthly steering committee meeting with COO, CFO and VP engineering.
- Implemented Hyperion consolidation.
- Managed HP mainframe, HPUX and Progress database platform.
- Together with HR department, evaluated HRMS solutions and completed PeopleSoft phase I implementation.
January 1995 – April 1998: Confidential,Project Manager
- Coordinated resources, review deliverables, cost control.
- Business processes analysis, design solution. Major clients: GM, Coca-Cola, ITT, Electrolux, Ericsson, Siemens, Nokia, Sodexo.
Jul 1993 – Dec 1994 Confidential,
Programmer (C, C++, VB and MASM)
Bachelor, Electrical Engineering