† Global Infrastructure Architecture † Datacenter Operations † WAN Networks † Telecommunications/VOIP
† IT Acquisition Strategies †Global IT Security † Project Management † SAP platforms
†Outsourcing strategy † Disaster Recovery † Microsoft Active Directory/Exchange † Sarbanes Oxley compliance
Confidential,Breinigsville, PA 8/2009 – 1/2012
Director, IT Infrastructure & Operations
- Build, manage and mentor team consisting of managers, architectural engineers and operations personnel to fulfill all IT infrastructure demands for the company.
- Department consists of Servicedesk, Network and Security, Client Technologies and Datacenter operations.
- Define and set strategic roadmap for IT infrastructure.
- Develop new project justification/ROI and cost benefit analysis.
- Support CIO on initiatives.
- Work with business owners, build rapport and support company initiatives
- Manage budget for all aspects of the IT infrastructure department.
- Ensure projects, timelines and spending is on target.
- Managed company datacenters and external support and hosting contracts.
- Lead acquisition integrations.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Built engaging relationships with application management to define new strategies and resolve issues.
- Assessed and performed staff reorganization within first 4 months to realign department for a better fit to meet the company’s strategic business needs.
- Outsourced company’s AS400 hardware platforms and operations.
- Assessed and implemented improved Disaster recovery plan.
- Reviewed and selected vendor for outsourced system support of ERP systems platform.
- Led critical site WAN review and assessment, implemented improved high availability and backup.
- Negotiated and led contract renewal and rollout of new network technology to 300 locations.
- Technical Merger of two Email system platforms for the company.
- Reduced Telecomm costs by contract negotiations and consolidation.
- Implemented new E-mail policy and mailbox quotas aligned with company’s data retention requirements.
- Composed several new IT policies and implemented best practice approaches to IT security.
- Led effort to implement new programs which resulted in more efficient and risk free processes to reduce Sarbanes Oxley deficiencies:
- Improvement plan resulted in reduced SOX deficiencies significantly in a 1 year period.
- Implemented Change management workflow with formal approval and aligned with ITIL best practices.
- Designed and implemented account management and “terminated users” workflow and process
- Define and implement new account controls, i.e., password expirations on all user account setups.
- Set roadmap on datacenter server platforms, using universal SAN storage and Virtualization.
- Rolled out Microsoft OCS/LYNC platform.
- Directed efforts to integrate several large acquisitions into our company,
- Participated in acquisition pre-agreement due diligence review through IT Infrastructure migration.
- Implemented IT security program and user awareness.
- Setup pilot to review Microsoft Live 365 for Microsoft services, implementation planned for 2012.
Confidential,Malvern, PA 2000 - 2009
Senior Director, Global IT Infrastructure 2007 - 2009
Director, Global IT Infrastructure 2000 - 2007
- Direct department of worldwide assistant directors, managers, engineers and technical architects responsible for all aspects of IT Infrastructure on behalf of a global company.
- Development and implementation of global infrastructure policy, standards and best practice procedures.
- Responsible for the company’s Datacenters and strategies for hosting of business systems and services. This includes all IBM, Windows, Unix, and Linux servers and associated SAN and backup hardware systems.
- Develop and present new technology proposals and strategies to senior management along with justification analysis.
- International vendor contract negotiations for telecom, network, systems, outsourcing, etc.
- Review, evaluate and recommend technology improvements with specialized focus on increased end user productivity cost reduction and compliance.
- Responsible for Global IT security programs.
- Design, implement and support of global LAN/WAN network, Telecommunications, network security and disaster recovery programs.
- Responsible for offshore Global Helpdesk model.
- $15m expense, $10m capital budget responsibility annually.
- Responsible for worldwide desktop strategies, including PC hardware/software selection, standards and architecture.
- Consolidation of several worldwide data networks into one:
- Achieved significant cost reduction and improved technical capabilities by migrating to MPLS.
- Minimal disruption of day-to-day production operations.
- Increased network and voice capabilities worldwide.
- Migrated to managed services model for worldwide network.
- Build and lead global team to architect and implement Microsoft products across the companies desktops:
- Microsoft global deployment and standardization of desktop software
- Standardized on Active Directory
- Standardized on Exchange Email system
- Standardized on Office products and Sharepoint.
- Proposed and received acceptance to initiate Microsoft Enterprise agreement across company.
- Implemented training programs for support
- Implementation of Microsoft SCCM for standard desktop software image and delivery process.
- Migrated inhouse servicedesk to outsourced model.
- Insourced servicedesk to company location in Manila Philippines.
- Global Datacenter consolidation:
- Consolidated large datacenters running SAP and other major ERP platforms into one.
- Directed and managed construction and build-out of major datacenter in Malvern, PA.
- Utilized large SAN technology with wide area replication for high availability in support of our SAP ERP systems. Managed implementations on EMC, HP and IBM storage systems.
- Designed/implemented Disaster recovery plan providing high availability strategy.
- Standardized on IBM AIX P-Series systems and IBM storage and backup systems.
- Developed and implemented Vishay’s Global IT Disaster recovery plan.
- Developed business requirements and proposed alternatives for senior management review and strategy selection.
- Implemented DRP strategy and performed testing to validate results.
- Designed, built and deployed improved remote access solutions for Vishay.
- Realized improved capability, availability and performance in deploying worldwide VPN solution.
- Realized significant cost reduction over previous technology.
- Migrated small offices to IP-VPN solution to reduce costs and improve capabilities.
- Implemented global WAN optimization technology - RIVERBED
- Designed, built and deployed a new Web infrastructure for our for our Marketing and communications group.
- Improved communications, reliability and performance.
- Implement Global IT Security program:
- Review and implement policies, standards and processes. Risk assessment and alignment of priorities.
- Build global team.
- Develop and implement new IT security technology worldwide to protect Vishay’s systems and information assets.
- Technologies deployed include standard Firewalls and configurations, Intrusion prevention systems, Email security appliances, Internet proxies and content filtering, Encryption, RSA token implementation, vulnerability assessment/reporting systems
- Desktop RFP:
- Reviewed competition and made analysis and selection of new global standard.
- Team development:
- Building of worldwide technical teams to address and review technology strategies, staff mentoring.
- Cross training program of technical staff to insure critical mass of technical experts.
- Global training seminars – Improve communications and skills of worldwide technical staff.
Confidential,Malvern, PA 1994 - 2000
Associate Director, Systems/Network Infrastructure 1997 - 2000
Senior Manager, Systems/Network Infrastructure 1994 - 1997
Responsibilities and Project Highlights:
- Direct and develop a team of Systems, Network, Desktop, Servicedesk, Operations and Database professionals.
- Member of several Johnson & Johnson North American integration team.
- Responsible for annual budget.
- Responsible for all infrastructure design and development.
- Design of Data Warehouse and E-commerce initiatives. BRIO, MSMarket.
- Responsible for 24x7 Datacenter.
- Lead upgrade of E-mail messaging from Groupwise to Exchange server 5.5 and Outlook 98 for 1500 clients.
- Lead outsourcing of Exchange Messaging system platform and administration.
- Launched a worldwide migration from legacy systems/networks to leading edge technologies. Design and implementation of worldwide networking strategy, migration from legacy to TCP/IP based LAN and WAN.
- Responsible for WAN network which consists of Frame relay to several sites including Europe and Japan.
- Designed and deployed strategic implementation all system/ network infrastructure of new $100 million manufacturing plant. LIMS, EDMS, and SCADA control systems.
- Familiarity with GMP compliance process and procedures.
- Designed and implemented SAP R/3 systems and networks for three tier HP-UX systems and EMC storage.
- Development of system management projects including HP Openview.
- Created successful solutions for remote access of 400 remote sales force personnel, including deployment of Seibel’s SFA solutions.
- Successful acquisition of a pharmaceutical product from Roche. Included design of AE systems and SFA systems and dialup capabilities for remote sales staff.
- Team member on clinical reinvention team focused on improving the trial process and data collection methods for clinical drug studies.
- Responsible for Internet and Intranet hardware and software.
- Oversee support of clinical systems, which use CLINTRIAL, ORACLE and SAS, during critical clinical efforts.
- Developed Windows NT multi-domain infrastructure.
- Responsible for PBX and Voicemail architecture.
Senior Systems Manager - (1992 – 1994) - Confidential,Philadelphia, PA
- Managed staff of system/network and service desk analysts.
- Design and support of several OpenVMS and Digital UNIX clusters.
- Design and build FRAME RELAY NETWORK.
Technical Support Manager - (1989 – 1992) - Confidential,Malvern, PA
∑ Supervision of technical systems staff which supported client bank software in a global capacity.
∑ Received several employee awards for outstanding project work at large client sites.
Bachelor of Science, Management Information Systems