- 5 years of demonstrating strong analytical and problem solving skills in analysis, design, development, review, testing and maintenance of Mainframe and HOGAN« applications and banking solutions.
- Worked as an onsite coordinator and technical lead in Dallas, USA
- Worked on requirements and technical analysis, high and detail-level design and development.
- Possess good communication, interpersonal, analytical and leadership skills.
- Worked extensively on MasterCard« regulatory compliance projects.
- Mentored and managed a team of 4 developers.
- Dec '06 to Oct '09: Worked as Sr. Application Development Engineer for Confidential
- Sept'05 to Dec'06: Worked as a Software Developer for Confidential
- July'05 to Sept'05: Worked as a graduate trainee for Confidential
JCL, COBOL, CICS, MVS, Basic JAVA, C - Programming, C++, Python, SQL, MQ , XML, REXX.
DB2, VSAM, IMS, SQL, RDBMS
MVS, Z-OS, Win2000, MS-DOS
MS-Visual Source Safe, Change Man
Areas of Knowledge
MAINFRAME concepts along with strong knowledge of CSC HOGAN«
CA-Expeditor (Online/Batch), IBM Debug
File Handling Tools
CA-FileAid, IBM-File Manager
Librarian, Change Manager
Quality Tracking Tools
RADAR, Team Tracker
Winrunner( basic), CA- Verify
CA-Abend Assist, IBM-Fault Analyzer
IBM-Expeditor (online and Batch), File-Aid, Librarian, CA7, IBM-File Manager,
IBM-Debug tool, ABEND ASSIST, REXX, VSAMS, IBM-CLIST, SMS(HOGAN).
Completed the following certifications:
- Product Knowledge framework, for CSC HOGAN« base product (2008).
- Indian Institute of banking and finance, Basics of Banking (2007).
- Indian Institute of banking and finance, Credit Card operations (2009).
- Mainframe technical certification with Grade A (Infosys Tech ltd.) (2006).
- Certification in Banking Domain with Grade A (Infosys Tech Ltd.) (2006).
Card and merchant systems (CAMS II) for CSC HOGAN«
Dallas, USA & Noida, India
HOGAN, COBOL, DB2, SQL JCL and
other MAINFRAME concepts
Senior Applications Engineer, Analyst
Details of the Project:
- Supports virtually every form of card and electronic-oriented transaction requirement for issuers and merchant-acquirers.
- Highly effective tool set for leveraging product and profit opportunities for financial institutions.
- Products, ranging from proprietary access cards to full-function branded cards.
- Products can be modified quickly and easily to support a variety of pricing and processing options.
- It supports development of new products by using robust Rules Engine to develop online, real-time business rules definitions.
- The domain consists of the complete card processing cycle including the latest functionalities like virtual cards and proximity chips.
- Requirement analysis and designing the system.
- Development and testing of code and setting standards for the same.
- Configuration control activities
- Knowledge management
- Part of quality management and implementation of CMMI.
- Trained the team and other teams' organization wide on IBM- File manager, Process control dictionary processing and conversions.
Automated credit application processing system (ACAPS)
COBOL, JCL, DB2, CICS, EASYTRIEVE and other MAINFRAME concepts
Applications Engineer, Analyst
Details of the Project:
- Browser-based system that handles credit operations in connection with a variety of loan products. CBC also offers flood determination and various screening services.
- Replaced the existing application CAPS (Credit application processing system) in Bank Of America.
- Deals with the origination, sale and servicing of mortgage loans (Home Equity Loans & Home equity Line of credit) secured by either residential or commercial real estate.
- Interacts with various systems such as Bureau link, Strategy Manager, File repositories and ALS (Advance Loan System).
- The domain consists of loan origination, fulfillment and Servicing, general US banking structure and Mortgages.
- Requirements and impact analysis, converting high level functional specifications totechnical specifications, creation of unit test plans and development and testing of code.
- Effort estimation for other team members and task assignments for them and mentoring the new joiners.
- Configuration management and knowledge management.
- Handling enhancement issues at analysis and research level
- Quality analysis and control
Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech Hon.) in Electronics and Electricals
- Ranked 2nd in the U. P. Technical University, India in Baccalaureates.
- Received the 'Star of HOGAN' award for outstanding performance in projects at CSC.
- Received the\'Giraffe Award - For sticking my neck out' being pro-active and collaborative.
- Received the 'Best trainer award' for trainings delivered on 'Umbrella' architecture and various HOGAN« fundamentals.
- Received an award for scoring among top 1% in training at Infosys Technologies Ltd.
- Received a merit scholarship from 'Bharat Vikas Parishad' a national level program for scoring highest in high school.
- Created REXX tools for the team for mainframe backup maintenance and various other jobs.
- Organized various technical and cultural events at professional and academic level successfully and have been a proactive member of the recreation and social services committee.