Professional experience of over 14 years as Sr. Engineer/Capacity Analyst with multi-platform experience AIX, Unix, Linux, Solaris and windows systems. Effective in critical decision making situations, handled a team and was most effective during my entire tenure. Multifaceted, Resourceful Management Professional with distinguished career supporting system architecture, system implementations, technical operations, and able to build solid relationships across multiple organization levels. Excellent oral and written communication abilities. Reputed for enthusiastic team player, Proactive, quick learning, self-motivated, hardworking and dependable.
Confidential, Warren, NJ November 2005 - Present
Global Capacity ManagementGroup
Sr. Lead Technical Analyst/Architect
Confidential, NJ December 1999 - November 2005
- Team lead for Global Capacity Management to provide best practices for critical business applications.
- Working with BMC to configure new BMC Capacity Optimizer tool to provide advanced reporting, i.e., models, forecasts, trending, and server consolidation requirements.
- Developed in house Global Capacity Web Portal for senior management, Architects, BACMs, and SA and Channel Managers which brings in server, network, storage, and database level utilization data from different regions into one global capacity report.
- Coordinate and project manage the entire Global Capacity Web Portal development with members in India, Singapore, and North America. Hold bi-weekly status meetings on progress and/or issues.
- Responsible for managing virtualization feeds from BMC Performance Assurance which include ESX, zones, and LPAR utilization data into the Capacity Web Portal.
- Work with Storage team to facilitate the deployment of EMC ECC agent to all database servers and that utilization data is then sent to our CMDW Warehouse server.
- Incorporated database utilization data gathered from ECC agent to generate cluster reporting.
- Create, document, and distribute all enhancements and new requests for the Web Portal using Citigroup standard Functional Requirements Document.
- Create Peak Demand Analysis presentation for Senior Management which summarizes CPU, memory, and network utilization holistically for all business areas.
- Reviewed the Peak Demand Analysis report on monthly basis which highlights potential high risk servers and provides servers with consolidation opportunites.
- Continuously interact with technology SME's to understand their capacity tools and determine the relevant metrics needed for our group to provide better capacity planning.
- Hold monthly meetings with Business teams/leads to review and understand their capacity related outages and provide recommendations on the tools and processes in place to avoid future outages.
- Work with the business technology channels to ensure each channel is effectively managing their capacity needs.
- Provide tools, reporting and capacity planning guidance to business aligned capacity managers, Channel Architects and System Administrators.
- Requested the network team to provide a view into InfoVista to see server utilization within each business sector.
- Train new resource on the overall Capacity Management initiative, create weekly capacity reports, resolve data feed issues, use in house capacity planning tools.
- Evaluate tools to help integrate Business volumes to resource utilization, such as Opnet Panorama, Hyperformix, Netuitive
- Developed a Governance Model for business teams to define roles, responsibilities, scheduling capacity reviews, process to initiate new capacity and technology projects.
- Work with technology infrastructure teams to setup a process to obtain weekly data feeds for all servers within our scope.
- Host weekly meetings with technology teams from different regions to discuss capacity issues and new requests.
- Process weekly data feeds used for the Platform Reports into MS Access for easy data manipulation.
- Ensure all servers which are part of the Capacity Initiative have the proper capacity tools installed and are being monitored.
- Heavily utilized Excel for rapid statistical and graphical analysis to identify trends, normal and abnormal usage reports.
Sr. Systems Engineer
- Team lead and expert for strategic architecture, administration, and security for SUN Solaris environment, including all mission critical production servers.
- Responsible for over 600 SUN and IBM servers.
- Setup and configure 6 F15K's and 2 Sun E10K's People Soft Financials project
- Setup and configure 8 Sun 6800's for various MetLife projects
- Design and implemented SUN Cluster 3.1 setup according to MetLife standards for various mission critical projects.
- Work With Security and IT Risk management to set standards for UNIX environment.
- Responsible for the certification of Patch Management, including new Security and recommended patches.
- Coordinated the upgrade of Sun 15k 900MHz system boards to 1.2GHz.
- Upgrade Veritas Foundation Suite to 4.0 from various older versions company wide.
- Responsible for 3rd level support on all major OS related issues.
- Research and Development for new technologies and tools for MetLife.
- Performed large installations and upgrades of Solaris Operating Systems and Veritas products, to include Veritas Cluster Server, Veritas Volume Manager and File system.
- Supported 2 Unix data centers exclusively, and provided Unix system administration and backup support for 8 additional sites conducting architecture assessments and providing recommendations to improve system availability.
- Tested new release of Solaris 10.
- Created script to configure new server builds according to MetLife standards, which included auto installation of all certified 3rd party applications including Tivoli, Maestro and TSM.
- Work with Storage Engineering to setup and configure LUNSs on EMC Symmetrix.
- Create procedures/documentation for EMC Power Path Install/Upgrades.
- Setup and Configure ECC software on the E10k and F15K connected to the EMC Symmetrix
- Coordinated a Proof of Concept lab for the interoperability of v1280 SUN Cluster 3.1 connected to an EMC Symmetrix
- Developed written policies, processes and change control guidelines.
- Assisted application team with load balancing and performance tuning.
- Interface with customers to engineer technical solution to fit business needs.
- Work with vendors to configure environment that will include Production, Failover, DR servers.
- Install and upgrade Solaris OS on all Sun platforms.
- Configure, install, upgrade and troubleshoot Veritas Volume Manager, Solstice Disksuite and other disk array concerns.
- Assist System Administrators with Patch Management, procedures and policy and other systems architecting and systems planning strategies.
- Configured and installed LPARs on IBM p570's. Configure storage LUNs on EMC Symmetrix.
- Created users, file systems, volume groups and other administrative work using SMIT.
Confidential, Whippany, NJ April 1998 - December 1999
Sr. UNIX Administrator
- Setup, configure and administer internal Bear Stearns Check Point Firewalls.
- Install Stonebeat failover software for firewalls on main production/integration servers.
- Upgraded the www.bear.com website to NES 3.5.1 and configured Bear Stearns Proxy and LDAP servers.
- Began initial Y2K testing/patching of all SUN 5.x and 4.x servers and clients in Whippany, NJ and New York.
- Wrote shell script to check for Y2K compliancy and other relevant system information that is now used by all members of technical staff.
- Resolve network routing and firewall connectivity issues for developers and clients.
- Install and configure Veritas Volume Manager/First Watch/File system software.
- Assist inmaintenance of new jump-start configuration.
- Setup all new Tier 2,3, & 4 systems to use NIS/DNS.
- Daily systems administration work: allocate database slices, setup user ids, detach/attach mirrors for upgrades.
- Wrote scripts for Qwest, Inc. (Bear Stearns ISP) to properly re-partitions disks, upgrade and configure Netscape Server 3.61 with SSL to our specifications.
- Provide extended hour coverage for production work.
- SUN E10k
- SUN F15k
- Performance Tuning
- Sun Cluster 3.0/3.1
- Network & Security
- LPARs on P-Series
- Veritas Cluster Server
- Solaris 10
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology