PROFILE: Accomplished IT Professional with diverse industry experience in database administration and application product development. Expertise lies in identifying performance improvement issues, implementing solutions and optimizing workflow within budget. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well at all levels.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Database Management
- Matrix Organization Management
- Project Management
- Strategic Planning
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Disaster Recovery
- ROI & Cost Savings
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Team Player
SELECTED PROFESSIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Organized and managed database management performance tuning group. Researched and developed procedures to identify how computer systems were utilizing data when running applications. Created new file setup parameters, tuned SQL, and removed duplication of files. IMPACT: Reduced computer costs by $9.7M over 4 years.
Collaborated with Development on new database software features. Setup procedures to use new features while upgrading current error handling methodologies. IMPACT: Lowered abnormal termination rates for end-users.
Established Performance Engineering as a useful business task. Instructed line-of-business senior management on the benefits of their ROI for performance tuning initiatives. IMPACT: Secured 90% of the business units.
Reorganized project management to address communication gap. Established new project reporting system to centralize all project issues between vendor and client. Prioritized outstanding issues to address main timeline tasks. IMPACT: Created a usable user acceptance test plan on the part of business representatives.
Engineered disaster recovery capability for data center. Extracted application recovery needs while validating updated features of operating system. IMPACT: Reduced recovery time by 20% with new features.
Coordinated task scheduling for project initiatives. Supervised project team tasks and budget to meet increased project initiatives on original timeline. IMPACT: Installed project with all requested enhancements on time and on schedule.
DB2-DBA/UDB-ZOS, IMS-DBA, DB2 Application Programming, IMS DB-DC Application Programming, VSAM, DB2 Performance Tuning, IMS Performance Tuning, VSAM Performance Tuning, JCL, SQL, Microsoft Office Suite, IMS-DBRC, BMC DB2/IMS Tools, IMS/DB2 FileAid, Relational Database constructs, IMS-DB2 Utilities, IMS-DB2-VSAM datasharing, VSAM Record-Level-Sharing (RLS), CICS-IMS-DB2 plex, GDPS-Geographically Dispersed Sysplex, backup and recovery,, database tuning, OLTP
M.S., Information Systems Management
B.S., Business Management
OBJECTIVE: To transition extensive professional experience in information systems into a new position in Database Administration or Performance Engineering for the Information Technology industry, and I am open to relocation.
Senior Database Consultant 2008 - Current
- Analyzed and installed year end modifications to Health Care Claims systems
- Building project plan for DB2 V9.1 migration
- Created utility steps for large object tables in DB2 V8 environment
- Creating reporting and project plan for buffer pool performance enhancement
Confidential, Charlotte, NC 1993 - 2008
Database Technical Specialist (2005 - 2008)
- Led a group of analysts to identify needed performance improvements, designed and
- tested solutions and insured timely installation to reduce run-time costs
- Managed yearly reduction of corporate run-time costs of $2M per year
- Organized and led production implementation process for shared cross system files
- Moderated problem resolution of software toolset between applications and vendor
Lead Database Administrator (1998 - 2005)
- Maintained communication and task assignment to internal matrix customers
- Facilitated education of new features/functions for next release of DBMS products
- Coordinated timelines of activation of new DBMS features into production environment
- Engineered installation and maintenance of toolsets used by DBA
- Improved toolset functions to allow seemless installation of objects into production
- Chaired committee to reduce abnormal termination instances for DBMS systems
Database Administrator (1993 - 1998)
- Administered database entities for Bank Branch application and other retail
- line-of-business entities
- Evaluated existing system to install upgrades for 24X7 accesses to data files
- Launched data center DBMS access and disaster recovery
- Assembled and set-up requested DBMS updates based on customer timeline
- Assisted team members in DBMS disaster recovery issues
- Delivered daily tier one or tier two on-call support
Confidential, Clearwater, FL 1991 - 1993
- Engineered database design, tested and implemented updates for multiple applications
- Delivered code reviews and planned for production installation
Application Project Leader (1988 - 1991)
- Administered consultants and local developers to install vendor product for inventory
- control and marketing
- Collaborated with vendor, management and business partner to consolidate project tracking
- Oversaw all technical issues with vendor
- Led routine meetings with line-of-business testers to identify, log and track issues
- Performed second level problem resolution for application team
- Prepared assignments as a team participant