Domestic and international media experience. Expertise includes crisis communications, legislative/govemmental affairs, grassroots communications, social advocacy issues, media planning, development of strategic communication and social media strategies. Dedicated and focused self - starter. Well organized and goal oriented. Thrives in collaborative and fast-paced environments.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Senior Communications & Outreach Specialist
- Develop external and internal messaging, briefing materials and talking points to prepare senior USAID officials for high-level events such as congressional testimony.
- Collaborate with other USG stakeholders to develop and successfully execute communications plans for natural disaster responses and remembrances including Hurricane Matthew and the 2010 earthquake in Haiti.
- Advise legislative affairs team on congressional issues, including responding to congressional inquiries.
- Manage USAID/Haiti social media and online presence.
- Coordinate with partner organizations, including Confidential, to identify success stories, media pitches and social media campaigns to increase public awareness of key development milestones.
- Managed the nationally distributed weekly conservation policy newsletter and regularly contributed content to Confidential .
- Spoke at Confidential media camps to brief target reports on legislative issues, resulting in several articles and blog posts on key public policy priorities.
- Supported Confidential government affairs staff in developing legislative outreach strategies.
- Served as Confidential official spokesperson to the media.
- Directed all communications and media operations, including press and constituent communication strategies.
- Responsible for writing Confidential public materials, including speeches, press releases and constituent newsletters.
- Assisted with the creation and execution media campaigns for clients, which encompassed print, radio, social media and television outlets.
- Coordinated with clients on event planning to promote key messaging.